A3 Sline Quattro...S3 Spec

Oil leak could be anything minor or major and it's not a common problem. If it were a minor one then I would expect the dealer would have fixed this. If a major leak then the dealer would have 2nd thoughts due to the amount of work and cost and leave it alone. You won't find out if it is leaking with the engine undertray in place as it catches any escaped oil.
Check all the electric gizmos are working, drive at different speeds and check for any vibration, it may seem like unbalance wheels but quite a few Quattros have problems with prop shafts out of balance or the damper failing. Any issues you find, don't just pay up and drive away, make sure they fix them before you sign on the dotted line and pa up.

Thanks for the reply.
It is a private seller, and the oil leak is the only thing putting me off. It is a 9hour round trip, dont want to be wasting my time.

Anyone local to the chester area that wouldnt mind checking it out for me?

Thanks

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Quite pricey for a private sale I would say , nice looking car though . Why has it had an S3 kit fitted , a lot of the time the reason for this is because of crash damage , so standard items are upgraded when replaced . One of e mots mentions sill damage ?