Audi A3 Sline Quattro on autotrader

Dean.no4

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im getting my new Audi in a few weeks, got my loan approved today so should have the money by next week. What do you all think of this? most 170 Quattros iv seen are around 10grand. Cambelt hasnt been done, serviced end of last year. Im based in Newcastle and the car is all the way down in southampton :( worth the treck?2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro S Line 3dr Diesel Hatchback

Cheers

Dean

Well im just waiting for the guy to get back to me on this, il be going down tomorrow to get it if everything is ok :)

Iv just got a question about how to tell if its a 140 or 170. I searched the forum and found the easiest way to tell is the tail pipes. It looks like its a 140 from the tail pipes but he has it up as a 170. Iv done a HPI check and it didnt say the BHP but iv got the engine code BKD 457099 if you can tell from that?

Any replies would be good.

Thanks

Dean

Yer look at the tailpipes and if they are chrome and straight its a 170, if they are bent down it is a 140. I don't actually think they made the 170 2.0 until 2006 so i think the car you are looking at is a 140 and the tailpipes definitely look like ones of the 140 NOT the 170

Chris

Yes but it is still not a 170 its a 140, a mapped 140 is not a 170 its a mapped 140. Just make sure he knows the mistake he has made as it may help you out with the price, looks like a nice motor btw :)

Chris

Yea asked him about it, he thinks he has made a mistake and it is the 140. Im not really bothered il probably end up remapping it when im bored of it.

Any advice on what to look for? I don't really know what to look at, obviously i can have a look at the body, paint stuff like that but mechanically im not to sure on what i need to look out for?

Thanks

Dean

Yes but it is still not a 170 its a 140, a mapped 140 is not a 170 its a mapped 140. Just make sure he knows the mistake he has made as it may help you out with the price, looks like a nice motor btw :)

Chris

your right its not the same but alot of pepole advertise that way hoping they can get someone who doesnt know what they are looking for to be able to tell the difference.

i wasnt agreeing with what he is trying to do as in my eyes he is trying to take an innocent buyer for a ride by making them think they are buying something their not.

we did work for a women who had a merc SLK and she thought it was an AMG as thats what she was told when she bought it and it was badged as one when actually it was a 200 kompressor, she wasnt the brightest star in the sky but still thats just wrong

Whining turbo's are the only thing to look out for apart from the obvious to be honest. Looks like a nice clean car, good luck!

Yea asked him about it, he thinks he has made a mistake and it is the 140. Im not really bothered il probably end up remapping it when im bored of it.

Any advice on what to look for? I don't really know what to look at, obviously i can have a look at the body, paint stuff like that but mechanically im not to sure on what i need to look out for?

Thanks

Dean

Just done a reg check and that car is not a 170 but is in fact a 140 registered July 05. It is a S-Line and Quattro though....

Looks a nice car on the face of it but it's a long way to go to be disappointed!