AO09 NNN Audi RS3 Project

@SJ43 The steering wheel is a very involved retrofit, all work was done by myself regarding the wheel as far as anyone else is concerned its not really do able, it cost me circa £2500 all in for being the guinea pig.. A lot of reverse engineering required :blink:

Reactions: SJ43
£2500 for a steering wheel?! Great car and project, but you could have had a GT3 RS!

On what planet @Doc lol plus a gt3 not got Quattro.
More the point I was trying to make was that it's one hell of an expensive project! But if Quattro is your thing, then perhaps the Turbo S for you ;)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
More the point I was trying to make was that it's one hell of an expensive project! But if Quattro is your thing, then perhaps the Turbo S for you ;)
Turbo S was a big disappointment to me, GT-R is the one to have.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Na turbo s no thanks gt3 I'd love and I'm sure that's aoon plan or a fezza in a few years.

Aston vantage for me.

Reactions: Arcam
@SJ43 The steering wheel is a very involved retrofit, all work was done by myself regarding the wheel as far as anyone else is concerned its not really do able, it cost me circa £2500 all in for being the guinea pig.. A lot of reverse engineering required :blink:

Thanks mate, fair enough - credit to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aoon_M
£2500 doesn't buy you a GT3 RS...

I'm not going to go out and buy a GT3 RS at 20 anyway thats ridiculous, my time will come. Underground Racing Twin turbo lp610 however..

Maybe in 5-10 years.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Turbo S is boring, I wouldn't buy one.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Arcam
£2500 doesn't buy you a GT3 RS...

I'm not going to go out and buy a GT3 RS at 20 anyway thats ridiculous, my time will come. Underground Racing Twin turbo lp610 however..

Maybe in 5-10 years.

I didn't say you could get a GT3 RS for £2,500! :haha:

Don't rule it out because of your age, though. Some might say owning a fully loaded and modded RS3 at 20yrs old is ridiculous. But you can afford it so why not.

Reactions: steve-tt
Nice video, should had been even more coolt from a drag start with lc, than you can really hear the power in a different way. Maybe a little time to enjoy the car as us others before next level.

As much as I think this thread is brilliant, and the car is now some hell of a machine, I can't help but think what a waste of money.

Why does every build thread ever turn all about the money?

Get a grip It's only money. If you want to spend your money elsewhere be my guest, but this is my car, my money and my hobby so I'll spend it how I want. Just let me worry about my own finances.

As I've always said... there's no greater punishment than jealousy, nor any great glory than love.

Reactions: Asif Shamsudeen, Alex_Wil, deanshaw24 and 9 others
Can't take it with you!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta, Aoon_M and Spaceman_RS3

Get a grip It's only money. If you want to spend your money elsewhere be my guest, but this is my car, my money and my hobby so I'll spend it how I want. Just let me worry about my own finances.

As I've always said... there's no greater punishment than jealousy, nor any great glory than love.

Steering wheel was the biggest of all the mods. That's also the most different mod of them all and really stick out from the rest and looks great. Yes, it was a ton of money but you did right wanting and doing it, well done :). Everyone has to decide what to do. The only tricky thing is to have a rolling car while modding which is the worst of everything.

Reactions: Aoon_M and Spaceman_RS3

lol jealous, no mate, it's an opinion of which I am entitled too. So there's absolutely no reason to get so hacked off. I said nothing to insult you, I praised what a car you had built, then you respond throwing your toys out the pram. Get off that high horse. Christ

Reactions: T-800 and D0C
It's time to take things to the next level... @aprllc stage 4+ kit.. GTX3582R

Reactions: br20vt, Alex_Wil, OD8 and 3 others
wait...

am I wrong? you were going for a TTE625 isn't it?

regards!

PS: thanks for showing us your progress.

What was the big challenge in swapping the steering wheel? Haven't read through all but I love this thread. It's a dream building for the most people here. Keep up the good work...

What was the big challenge in swapping the steering wheel? Haven't read through all but I love this thread. It's a dream building for the most people here. Keep up the good work...

Main challenge was getting drive select button coded. You need to flash firmware and adjust coding that you can't adjust with VCDS..

Start stop wasn't a coding thing but the problem with feeding that through the clock spring is that there are no spare pins inside the clock spring to send the start/stop signal to the car.

Rear ceramics now on. Bish bash bosh.

We ended up using 356x32mm carbon ceramic discs mated to Audi RS7 facelift callipers and carriers.

Chose against 370x30mm CC discs as they are too large and wouldn't look right with my 380mm fronts.

Also chose against R8 GT CC 4 pot caliper w/ 356x32mm disc as would hurt the brake bias.

I'd get some better pictures but it won't stop raining lol. Roll on summer! Along with my 700 horses..

IMG 5486
IMG 5504

Last edited:
Reactions: OD8, EdmundVR4 and Spaceman_RS3
I now have a SCORPION Decat downpipe up for sale - any interest please get in touch.

Main challenge was getting drive select button coded. You need to flash firmware and adjust coding that you can't adjust with VCDS..

Start stop wasn't a coding thing but the problem with feeding that through the clock spring is that there are no spare pins inside the clock spring to send the start/stop signal to the car.

Rear ceramics now on. Bish bash bosh.

We ended up using 356x32mm carbon ceramic discs mated to Audi RS7 facelift callipers and carriers.

Chose against 370x30mm CC discs as they are too large and wouldn't look right with my 380mm fronts.

Also chose against R8 GT CC 4 pot caliper w/ 356x32mm disc as would hurt the brake bias.

I'd get some better pictures but it won't stop raining lol. Roll on summer! Along with my 700 horses..

View attachment 120200View attachment 120201
I really like your ceramic option, was this a custom kit you had built or it is available for me to buy right now?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@Arcam

Unfortunately no its not a kit you can buy, however if you are interested get in touch and I could probably supply a kit.

Hi mate,thinking of doing tbe primary cat decat pipe,is it still quiet in Comfort still?

Hi mate,thinking of doing tbe primary cat decat pipe,is it still quiet in Comfort still?

Yes still very quiet in comfort. It sounds like a stock S3 lol.

Reactions: steve-tt
As much as I think this thread is brilliant, and the car is now some hell of a machine, I can't help but think what a waste of money.
I've known a few people do this kind of things and I don't think for them it's all about the end product. I think they realise that the money could have been spent on simply buying a different car in the first place, but it's the journey and the tinkering that they enjoy. A friend of mine took a B5 RS4 from 380 to 600 bhp and it was crazy fast, but he spent most weekends pulling it apart and rebuilding bits. It's not for me, but he just loved doing it.

Reactions: FBF01 and Remarcabull
Stunning photos/ video mate. I guess that was at MSL event.

This year will be an interesting year for tuned RS3 8V's! :racer:

Aoon, can I ask a question about your valve control module please ? How easy was it to fit ? Also what options does it give you ? For example can you open and close them permanently at the flick of a button ? for example if you was in comfort mode can you just have the valves open all the time ? Also does it open both valves as I heard unplugging the valves only opens the left valve and the right one stays closed until certain rpm. Is that true ? Thanks in advance. I am leaning towards the mtm module if it does the same thing as I can change it to off on or normal for each mode and it seems a bit easier to fit just that it is controlled by a remote.

Easy to fit, takes approx 5 minutes, you can open or close them in any mode by toggling the traction control button otherwise they will close in comfort and be full open in dynamic

I'd advise the module as the MTM is junk

Not updated the thread in a while!

BIG BIG BIG thank you to D.H Automotive for getting the turbo kit installed with such a tight schedule, we ran into a few issues with firmament but Dave powered through and got it ready 24 hours before its mapping session lol.

The car had its yearly visit to MRC Tuning..

Aaaaand it got mapped for the GTX3582r by the kings of VAG tuning, Doug & Mihnea

The car made 604PS.. And it sounds absolutely insane.

IMG 4150

It is approx 50hp down at its current level of tune, on the day of mapping we found the waste gate to be leaking big time so the car was not holding boost as it should, waste gate has been replaced with a shiny new one and car will be back down next month for a tweak.. Now for the fun stuff! Figures!!

IMG 6285

0-100mph in 6.67 seconds (corrected)

IMG 6286

0-60mph in 2.73 seconds (corrected)

2017 04 18 PHOTO 00000967

100-200kmh in 6.32 seconds (corrected)

Quarter mile (on the road) shows it ******* 130mph+ trap speeds which preliminarily indicates it is a mid 10 second car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, AudiNutta, EdmundVR4 and 3 others
Amazing figures! I recognise N444 WTF in the background there!

50% increase over the standard car will be "interesting"!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I passed you at B&Q Darnly on Friday. Your car sounds crazy.

I had showed my son your video of the revving and exhaust flames on Instagram last week. Needless to say he was a bit surprised to see your car in the flesh.