No RS3 orders being taken

You could say that about a specced up 911 Turbo. Is it worth 3x the price of a TTRS?

Wow just been reading the reviews of the TTRS and they are raving about the engine. This is the same engine being tested in the RS3 saloon so it should be good ladies and gents
emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-audi-rs3-saloon-spotted-testing

The US RS3 saloon will have the existing 2.5l engine. Not as quick as the sportback apparently!

You could say that about a specced up 911 Turbo. Is it worth 3x the price of a TTRS?
Different car altogether. Tough call but I would say so. The 911 Turbo is a true sports car, and a legendary machine!

Reactions: ComputerControlled
As is always the case in the states mate,the S3 has a lower power output over there aswell
The Saloon is slightly heavier than the sportback into the bargain
Not a big fan of that saloon if I'm honest Jassy, RS3 will always be a sportback in my eyes...

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06
The rumour is that the saloon will have same engine as current RS3. TTRS only to have the new engine.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ComputerControlled
Then the SB may get the new engine and the saloon gets the current engine

The two most vehement anti-speculation posters are now speculating.
We really have gone full circle here.

No Craig, I just read that article I posted earlier. Not really speculating is it?:tearsofjoy:

And I think we should stick the topic, rather than turning it all personal like the last few threads!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06 and Spaceman_RS3
On topic orders still closed

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06 and ComputerControlled
I can't see any of the off topic stuff ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, ComputerControlled and Jassyo06
Not long now til the Paris motor show October 1st, that should clarify a few things ie...which engine the RS3 saloon is getting and the highly unlikely chance of there being a facelift RS3 Sportback and of course when the RS3 saloon is due out

Not long now til the Paris motor show October 1st, that should clarify a few things ie...which engine the RS3 saloon is getting and the highly unlikely chance of there being a facelift RS3 Sportback and of course when the RS3 saloon is due out

I think it will have the updated engine to rival the CLA45 and the SB to rival the A45 but I'm sure Audi will surprise us.

if they don't announce it then, that would indicate a VERY long wait for any firm news.

Much talk of delays on the TTRS now too, well into next year for demos and 1st deliveries.

What is going on at Audi ... are they that busy ?

if they don't announce it then, that would indicate a VERY long wait for any firm news.

Much talk of delays on the TTRS now too, well into next year for demos and 1st deliveries.

What is going on at Audi ... are they that busy ?

Too true l think l'll splash oot some of my car savings and blow it on another holiday lol,**** this waiting about for a car....the TTRS with some options is way too much for me....lol RS3 this time next year suits me fine lol

Too true l think l'll splash oot some of my car savings and blow it on another holiday lol,**** this waiting about for a car....the TTRS with some options is way too much for me....lol RS3 this time next year suits me fine lol

what ..... even the wedding car saloon ? :wtf::whistle2::busted cop::tonguewink:

Reactions: Jassyo06
what ..... even the wedding car saloon ? :wtf::whistle2::busted cop::tonguewink:
Even the wedding car/fleet mobile/...l don't want another S model they are all the same.....diluted RS...cars,including the new S5....Jamaica is calling.... Lol

Reactions: ComputerControlled and Snake Pliskin
Even the wedding car/fleet mobile/...l don't want another S model they are all the same.....diluted RS...cars,including the new S5....Jamaica is calling.... Lol

Same here....this time next year will be fine give me more time to save and less interest to pay the bank

Ohos Rios mate ?

Been there twice myself :sunglasses::palmtree:

Yeah RS all the way mate if you can stand the waiting :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06
The Nogaro blue one up at 51k is a car that i purchased brand new and then rejected due to the engine cutting out on me at 300 miles. Leicester Audi couldn't look at it for 14 days or give me a decent courtesy car, so i told them **** off and take it back. It took VW finance 9 weeks to investigate it and they finally took it back last Friday. I basically had free use of it for 9 weeks and you can imagine how i treated it knowing full well it was going back to the dealer! I do miss it though! The launch control was lots of fun. Probably even better if i ran the engine in properly!

Hi

Not liking the sound of this as that car is what is on its way up to my local dealship for me...!

W

Reactions: grainqey
Hi

Not liking the sound of this as that car is what is on its way up to my local dealship for me...!

W

Totally your decision W! Can't deny the spec is great but i'd be concerned they haven't done anything to try and fix the car. I actually spoke to the sales manager Paul last week to see what they did to fix it as i'm keeping my eye out for another one and he told me nothing's wrong with it and they haven't carried out any fix but he didn't really seem that bothered as he's sold it for the same price! When he arranged collection he told me Audi have released a recall (or will be very soon) and they will be fixing all cars with this issue. Before i rejected it, he offered to collect the car and fix it but i declined. FYI apart from absolutely flooring it at every opportunity the brakes were squeaky, the pan roof was rattling a little and i kerbed the front right wheel ever so slightly but i did really enjoy the car for the 11 or 12 weeks i had it. It was a tough decision to reject it but i just lost the emotional attachment with the car as it broke down in the first few weeks of owning it and i never got the chance to love it as much as i should after spending 50k. Good luck with it...

Totally your decision W! Can't deny the spec is great but i'd be concerned they haven't done anything to try and fix the car. I actually spoke to the sales manager Paul last week to see what they did to fix it as i'm keeping my eye out for another one and he told me nothing's wrong with it and they haven't carried out any fix but he didn't really seem that bothered as he's sold it for the same price! When he arranged collection he told me Audi have released a recall (or will be very soon) and they will be fixing all cars with this issue. Before i rejected it, he offered to collect the car and fix it but i declined. FYI apart from absolutely flooring it at every opportunity the brakes were squeaky, the pan roof was rattling a little and i kerbed the front right wheel ever so slightly but i did really enjoy the car for the 11 or 12 weeks i had it. It was a tough decision to reject it but i just lost the emotional attachment with the car as it broke down in the first few weeks of owning it and i never got the chance to love it as much as i should after spending 50k. Good luck with it...

Well at least Audi are aware of this problem and will address the issue for the update next year

Reactions: Tom_L

Thanks for the heads up and Ive been in to meet the big wigs today to discuss a way forward. Without going into details we have reached an agreement that's good for me and so should have the car by the weekend.

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Spaceman_RS3
Quality look forward to pictures I never liked nogaro on the b5 rs2 or the like it's cracking on the b8 rs4 and the 3 8v tho dunno why

Excellent news. And no surprise to me they're going to be using the new 400ps engine in other cars. I just wonder exactly when...

Reactions: Radman
On a different topic, was in my dealers yesterday and they had a new FL S3 in there.
Uninspiring is not the word.

Thanks for the heads up and Ive been in to meet the big wigs today to discuss a way forward. Without going into details we have reached an agreement that's good for me and so should have the car by the weekend.

Good luck mate, but I'm not sure there would be anything they could have said or done to make me pay that sort of money for a car I know has been ragged from day one with no warming or cooling.There are plenty more out there.
In fact the only way I would have had it would have been if they gave it me for free.
You've got to think of resale aswell.

Bit harsh there @sweetmeister. After all, that's what a warranty is for. I'm sure it'll be a belter @wazaBx and you'll have that grin on yr face every time you drive it like we all do.

Reactions: wazaBx
Just my opinion. Hopefully he'll have no issues and as you say it will put a big smile on his face.

Reactions: wazaBx