No RS3 orders being taken

Fair enough but they don't sound too sure in that article!

TX.

They can't be too sure as Audi are keeping things behind closed doors but it's something from people within the motor industry confirming that this bad boy is on the way (at some point).

It has to come. I don't think I could not have that sound in my life at some point!

Reactions: AudiNutta
"We also 90% sure that the TT RS is going to be subject towards the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show also." Mmm...

Personally, I think it's just junk clickbait. Probably lightly reworded google translation of something published 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting this back on track....I just spoke to the leading RS dealer here in Oz, whom I know quite well. According to him, the system will open again for orders in July, but other than that, they know nothing...not sure if it will receive the facelift, not sure when they'll be built...only that orders can be placed in the system in July.

Reactions: Radman and Buzz73
Well, fwiw that fits with what I was also told back in Feb ie: week 22 changeover for A3/S3 and week 29 for RS3. Those dates seemed to have ended up quite accurate for A3 (& S3?) so fingers crossed I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman and ConS3
Let's get this on point. I for one was in the same position as a lot of folks on here, disillousioned with being able to get a current RS3 and resigned to waiting for the order books to open for FL or non-FL whatever it was going to be. I got lucky and got the car I wanted, with the spec I wanted. Some would call it fate. either way it was always a dream of mine to own an RS model car be it a 3 or a 4. Whatever happens, its all about getting a car with the badges on the back and I hope that everyone gets what they want, FL or whatever it will be. It is not a competition, nor a bragging right, each car, if different will have its place at any car top table and to this day I can honestly say that no car has put a smile on my face like this one has. Lets just enjoy what we have, or get and put all the tit for tat replies to one side. The current car is phenomenal, that is a fact, no car for under 100k has the all round ability/sound of the current model and no doubt if a FL appears it will improve on that, hopefully. Now, the sun is out, my car is clean and I just have a little inkling to go out and buy my 100th pint of milk from the shop that the missus keeps thinking must be 60 miles away. Lets just enjoy folks.

Oh, the noise. Not many cars have the ability to attract genuine petrol heads from any walk of life. From Porsches, to C63 owners, genuine admiration from genuine people.
To quote a policeman parked in a garage forecourt the other day when I pulled into the parking spot next to him as I was popping in for a bottle of water. As I was walking back to the car, he was sat there with his window open and I overheard him saying to his buddy, 'Lets just wait till he starts this up'

That ladies and gentleman is why we drive what we drive

Sorry for going on so long

Peace out

Rad

Reactions: 45bvtc, hood, AudiNutta and 6 others
Absolutely agree. Although I don't think it's tit for tat necessarily. Just us hopefuls with deposits down, praying that Audi do indeed restart production, whether it's a FL or not, so we can enjoy it too!

Now Radman, get some videos up of that sound...I've ran out of ones on YouTube to watch!

Reactions: 45bvtc, hood, Radman and 1 other person
I just have a little inkling to go out and buy my 100th pint of milk from the shop that the missus keeps thinking must be 60 miles away.

LOL

Reactions: Radman
Let's get this on point. I for one was in the same position as a lot of folks on here, disillousioned with being able to get a current RS3 and resigned to waiting for the order books to open for FL or non-FL whatever it was going to be. I got lucky and got the car I wanted, with the spec I wanted. Some would call it fate. either way it was always a dream of mine to own an RS model car be it a 3 or a 4. Whatever happens, its all about getting a car with the badges on the back and I hope that everyone gets what they want, FL or whatever it will be. It is not a competition, nor a bragging right, each car, if different will have its place at any car top table and to this day I can honestly say that no car has put a smile on my face like this one has. Lets just enjoy what we have, or get and put all the tit for tat replies to one side. The current car is phenomenal, that is a fact, no car for under 100k has the all round ability/sound of the current model and no doubt if a FL appears it will improve on that, hopefully. Now, the sun is out, my car is clean and I just have a little inkling to go out and buy my 100th pint of milk from the shop that the missus keeps thinking must be 60 miles away. Lets just enjoy folks.

Oh, the noise. Not many cars have the ability to attract genuine petrol heads from any walk of life. From Porsches, to C63 owners, genuine admiration from genuine people.
To quote a policeman parked in a garage forecourt the other day when I pulled into the parking spot next to him as I was popping in for a bottle of water. As I was walking back to the car, he was sat there with his window open and I overheard him saying to his buddy, 'Lets just wait till he starts this up'

That ladies and gentleman is why we drive what we drive

Sorry for going on so long

Peace out

Rad

Very nicely put.

These cars are phenominal and for the money an absolute bargain.

Makes you wanna go for a drive just for the hell of it and just to hear the amazing soundtrack & feel the amazing power on tap :sunglasses:

It will be interesting to see what they do with FL when it does come out, to make this car even better ... if that's possible !

Reactions: 45bvtc and Radman
Absolutely agree. Although I don't think it's tit for tat necessarily. Just us hopefuls with deposits down, praying that Audi do indeed restart production, whether it's a FL or not, so we can enjoy it too!

Now Radman, get some videos up of that sound...I've ran out of ones on YouTube to watch!

Let's keep this on topic (I.e. Talking about a FL model) as that's what this page is about.

I'm with you DOC - my deposit is going down very soon so I can be at the front of the queue!
Very interesting point about orders to be taken in July which fits with what my dealer said too ready for early 2017 delivery.

I am currently sat in Perth Audi about to test drive one they have for sale. Quite excited and have had a wee seat in it so far and am impressed with the lunar sports seats...
Anyway because it's not my ideal spec we have been discussing FL etc and he honestly thinks books won't be open until the end of the year at earliest.
But then he went onto say he doesn't know and is best guess with the way things are just now.

Anyhoo I think i will be joining the order queue at some point and buying exactly what I want instead of settling for something not quite right. Not in any rush so happy to wait. ;-)

Reactions: 45bvtc
I am currently sat in Perth Audi about to test drive one they have for sale. Quite excited and have had a wee seat in it so far and am impressed with the lunar sports seats...
Anyway because it's not my ideal spec we have been discussing FL etc and he honestly thinks books won't be open until the end of the year at earliest.
But then he went onto say he doesn't know and is best guess with the way things are just now.

Anyhoo I think i will be joining the order queue at some point and buying exactly what I want instead of settling for something not quite right. Not in any rush so happy to wait. ;-)

That's my thought too. It will be worth the wait as there will be little discount atm on stock cars so you might as well wait and get an improved one with improvements (more BHP etc) with no discount also lol.
(That's is you are prepared to wait)

Reactions: Radman and AndyB-S3
Not in any rush so happy to wait. ;-)

C'mon Andy; three-blo**dy days from my first: sighting, sit-in, and drive (Thursday 13th October 2011); and finding next day we couldn't order new - "all sold/book closed/see if you can find any available as they're just being shipped into the UK"; we'd done just that and laid money down.

One thing I was not prepared to do was 'wait' - and soooo happy I didn't: go purchase, life's too short... :superman:

Just think, when the next one arrives, if ever, everyone will be talking about the 'next' one, and maybe the one after that, and who knows; they may all be three or four cylinder cars with F1 Mercedes and Ferrari 'Turbulent Jet Ignition' - or just Milk Float electric.... :sadlike:

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Snake Pliskin
I have at last managed to sell my S4 and agreed the pick up date for my new car.:yahoo:

My new RS3 has now arrived at the dealer and the hand over will be Saturday 21st - Its gonna be a long week.

I have been following some of the threads and see that the subject of the FL is still a popular topic (surprise surprise). I have to admit that I was tempted by the FL, but the current model is so good that I just couldn't stop myself buying one. So will I be missing out? Have I made a mistake not waiting for the FL? Naaa, dont think so.
Like some others on ASN, I also have good sources within the Audi Group, both say that they would be very surprised to see any FL RS3 delivered to customers in the UK before the end of the first quarter of 2017. There is no way I was going to wait that long.

So what is the fuss all about? Some fancy new shaped headlights/tail lights, some changes to the front grill/spoiler and a virtual cockpit. Alloys will probably be different too. Is this enough of a change to make you want to wait for the FL? Not me, I think the current look is pretty good.
So maybe it's the lure of the expected 400ps engine? (thats 395bhp to us in the UK). Well many of you current RS3 8V owners probably already have engines producing close to this figure, if you check out some of the standard outputs for the cars in many of the tuning articles, they are already around the 390 bhp mark BEFORE any engine tuning. However, we do know that the revised engine will be lighter due to the alloy sump and one or two other weight saving trinkets and upgrades in fuel delivery technology,

So in conclusion, we can expect the FL to maybe be a tenth or two faster to 100kph, and maybe handing will be a bit sharper due to less weight, it will almost certainly be a bit better on fuel economy too. But for me, these differences are not enough to make me want to wait nearly a whole year longer before I can get may backside into the driving seat of this amazing 5 cylinder masterpiece!

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Snake Pliskin, 45bvtc and 3 others
I have at last managed to sell my S4 and agreed the pick up date for my new car.:yahoo:

My new RS3 has now arrived at the dealer and the hand over will be Saturday 21st - Its gonna be a long week.

I have been following some of the threads and see that the subject of the FL is still a popular topic (surprise surprise). I have to admit that I was tempted by the FL, but the current model is so good that I just couldn't stop myself buying one. So will I be missing out? Have I made a mistake not waiting for the FL? Naaa, dont think so.
Like some others on ASN, I also have good sources within the Audi Group, both say that they would be very surprised to see any FL RS3 delivered to customers in the UK before the end of the first quarter of 2017. There is no way I was going to wait that long.

So what is the fuss all about? Some fancy new shaped headlights/tail lights, some changes to the front grill/spoiler and a virtual cockpit. Alloys will probably be different too. Is this enough of a change to make you want to wait for the FL? Not me, I think the current look is pretty good.
So maybe it's the lure of the expected 400ps engine? (thats 395bhp to us in the UK). Well many of you current RS3 8V owners probably already have engines producing close to this figure, if you check out some of the standard outputs for the cars in many of the tuning articles, they are already around the 390 bhp mark BEFORE any engine tuning. However, we do know that the revised engine will be lighter due to the alloy sump and one or two other weight saving trinkets and upgrades in fuel delivery technology,

So in conclusion, we can expect the FL to maybe be a tenth or two faster to 100kph, and maybe handing will be a bit sharper due to less weight, it will almost certainly be a bit better on fuel economy too. But for me, these differences are not enough to make me want to wait nearly a whole year longer before I can get may backside into the driving seat of this amazing 5 cylinder masterpiece!
Exactamundo. Had mine just over a week. It's a hell of a feeing when you start her up and drive away from the showroom. Enjoy the car mate, I certainly am.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 45bvtc and AndyB-S3
Guys, I am seriously envious and really pleased for you. Really.

But for some of us, we have deposits down where they have stopped production and don't have a choice but to wait. In my case, my current car isn't due to go back till early next year so I would be paying an early exit fee to come out early. If the RS3 happens before that, great. If not, also great. I just hope they do indeed restart production, FL or not, as they really are awesome cars that are so different to anything else on the market right now.

In the meantime, keep posting the pics and videos as I really enjoy them!

Reactions: hood, 45bvtc and Radman
But for me, these differences are not enough to make me want to wait nearly a whole year longer before I can get may backside into the driving seat of this amazing 5 cylinder masterpiece!

AndyB-S3 please note... :superman:

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Snake Pliskin

Totally agree !

As much as the FL revisions are nice, if you have a chance of getting a brand new RS3 now and avoid a potentially lengthy wait then you gotta go for it ... start those 5 cylinder smiles straight away and enjoy every turn of the key being an event to savour and every drive an occasion ... enjoy your car mate & it just gets better with ownership as you live with the car day to day :sunglasses:

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Radman, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person

So how was the test drive mate?

So how was the test drive mate?
Amazeballs!!! ;-) lol.

Obviously a lot of the car is very similar to S3 but overall it is the complete package for me.. i was very impressed with how the mag ride kept the ride just perfect. It felt a whole lot more sure footed than my S3. The speed is just sublime..Couldn't imagine before how much quicker it was going to be but jeez oh it was ****** quick. No real lag..no hesitation...no nothing just zero to zero licence speed in no time. Phenomenal.

On the same roads i was driving as fast in the S3 but the way RS3 took you along and involved you in the drive instead of just being a passenger pressing buttons and pedals was simply awesome. From not bouncing about to that awesome noise.. **** me that noise.. and it was just standard exhaust. Did not realise it would pop and bang as much as it did..

We got back to dealers and honestly could not take smile off my face..we sat and chatted in car for a bit and left engine running in dynamic mode and I just couldn't help but keep on blipping throttle every so often. We had parked next to an old grandads A6..i didn't see him putting stuff away in his boot and he came around about 20 seconds later and said could you please stop doing that.."it keeps frightening me"...haha. I apologised but a minute later he came back and asked had i bought it yet because it was lovely! Lol.

Went down the same roads after the test on way home and that was the clincher for me tbh..

Anyway i am really excited for the mega long wait to get one.. part of me is a little bit gutted i never put deposit down yesterday for the sepang one coming in but part of me is glad as i think spending all that money and it not being completely as i want would not be best move. I know i could retrofit black pack or wrap it etc but pano roof cant be retrofitted and tbh i really want that!..

Long story short.. Test drive was awesome..I am defo getting an RS3. haha

Reactions: 45bvtc, Dazzeroo, Terminator x and 4 others
This one is available at Milton Keynes Audi. What a car and the dealership is massive. They also have a sepang blue both unregistered and ready to go.
I went for a black one and pick it up on the 22nd can't come soon enough.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    506.4 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: 45bvtc and AndyB-S3
This one is available at Milton Keynes Audi. What a car and the dealership is massive. They also have a sepang blue both unregistered and ready to go.
I went for a black one and pick it up on the 22nd can't come soon enough.
@AndyB-S3 ....Get on that god damn phone

Reactions: 45bvtc and AndyB-S3
Sepang one doesn't have much spec ..;-(. I already have an orange car so can't have 2 can i??..haha

Don't ask me how but I've managed to secure a 10% discount ...so decided to take the plunge now moving over from a Bmw 235i

Reactions: Dazzeroo and Radman
Off the subject check this line up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 177
Don't ask me how but I've managed to secure a 10% discount ...so decided to take the plunge now moving over from a Bmw 235i
Wtf??????? How on earth did you manage that??

Reactions: Radman and Uzi
I don't know ... Not much haggling even my local dealer who thought he had secured a deal was speechless on the other end of the phone. His words "they must be desperate"
I've had to compromise on colour as its my forth black car but that discount was hard to turn down. Decent spec too and dynamic package is crazy!!!!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
****** hell man that's cracking!! My local wouldn't even discount on the used car they had. To be fair i got a decent part ex price but still 10% is unbelievable!!!

****** hell man that's cracking!! My local wouldn't even discount on the used car they had. To be fair i got a decent part ex price but still 10% is unbelievable!!!

Yeah I know to be fair I was shocked, and hence why I compromised on the colour, still comes with quite a few goodies, just need to get the mirror caps changed to black to complete the look

Here it is :) ready for next Sunday :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: AllBlack-All7, 45bvtc, Terminator x and 2 others
Apparently the latest Evo magazine confirms that the RS3 is to get the new 400ps engine...

Shops are now shut so I can't nip into WH Smith to have a quick scan of the article. Has anyone else seen this?

Sepang one doesn't have much spec ..;-(. I already have an orange car so can't have 2 can i??..haha

What spec does it have and how much? Cant see anything on the tinternet....

Apparently the latest Evo magazine confirms that the RS3 is to get the new 400ps engine...

Shops are now shut so I can't nip into WH Smith to have a quick scan of the article. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm a subscriber so this came through a couple of days ago. Article regarding the TT-RS.

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Foxtrot_Oscar and D0C
Thanks for posting.

Echo that too and it firms up what rumours we have heard. Faster engine and lighter body will hopefully stop the "press drivers" moaning about the understeer.

I read an article in the auto express (RS focus & M2) and the RS3 came out last and the main problem according to them was the weighty engine.

As we have always said Audi will want to regain the title of the "fastest hatch in the world" and this will be a natural step towards that goal.

Roll on 2017 and I'm looking forward to all the build up and the ordering books to open!!!