No RS3 orders being taken

Can't you all just get along for a change please.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Jassyo06, Radman and 5 others
Only dedicated to our smiling friend 'tearsofjoy' Mr TX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to Craig .... you have to take some of his comments with a pinch of salt, but there is under lying depth & knowledge to a lot of what he says.

As RS3 owners we may not like everything he says, & we may disagree with a lot too (myself included) but I have developed a respect for his views .... even if he has lost the plot & now drives a Renault lol :)

(Kidding Craig). :)

Craig has owned some great cars so does perhaps have more perspective than a lot of us & does provide some fun & interesting reads on his many cars .... I'll give the Megane 6 months lol (longer than the TT) & am already looking forward to the next car write up.

So yeah let's all get on as Scotty says .. we don't want another thread lock.

PS:

Great to see 'tears of joy' back ... wtf lol :)

You're one of the good guys SP.

I've had many more cars than I've had years of driving, must be up around 30 now, need to update my list. Not all of them good, some of them dreadful.
I've only kept two cars for longer than 18 months, if it doesn't fit, I'll quickly admit its failings and off it goes. Expensive hobby, but I could have far worse vices and things to be addicted to.
I've had around double the amount of test drives as I don't, despite the stats above, buy every car I test.

Genuinely interested in these kind of cars and will be having a go in the new RS3. If it works for me, I'll have one, if it doesn't I'll keep a hold of what I've got (although I better not mention it), I know what I have is a great package (and pretty much perfect for me).

Opinions are like a***holes, we all have one. It's the internet, so you'll never stop them.
None of them are wrong either (the opinions that is), we just need to learn to handle differing opinions graciously. Often easier said than done..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Scottyg
Sorry to bring this thread back on track lol but I'm looking at purchasing an RS3 8V, I rang Maidstone Audi today and was told no new orders and no pre Reg cars just ones with demonstrator type mileage, but this means new car prices at used car APR%.
So I questioned him about the facelift and he said could I hold on while he goes and asks management about it, he came back and said he's been told the facelift is expected around this time next year! :(
Now I find myself being drawn to the A45 AMG facelift but with a 4 month wait it will be after Christmas by which time it will only be out a year before the new one is said to be out in 2018.

So what would other's do? Do they think the RS3 will be out sooner than October next year? Given the wait and build allocations on the current RS3 should I get a deposit down now in the hope it comes out sooner?
I can't wait that long I'm too impatient!!!!

Cab you not shop around for better finance? Doesn't have to be Audi finance. A number of finance companies now offer PCPs etc and considerably lower APR than you'll get at your dealer. There is always the question to be asked of the dealership, if you can get finance down to X APR you'll take the car. Never say never!

It pains me to say it, but I don't see a facelift SB coming anytime soon now. You could look at the TTRS instead...

Have your tried all dealer groups for new cars? Remember that one dealer will only check their groups

Sorry to bring this thread back on track lol but I'm looking at purchasing an RS3 8V, I rang Maidstone Audi today and was told no new orders and no pre Reg cars just ones with demonstrator type mileage, but this means new car prices at used car APR%.
So I questioned him about the facelift and he said could I hold on while he goes and asks management about it, he came back and said he's been told the facelift is expected around this time next year! :(
Now I find myself being drawn to the A45 AMG facelift but with a 4 month wait it will be after Christmas by which time it will only be out a year before the new one is said to be out in 2018.

So what would other's do? Do they think the RS3 will be out sooner than October next year? Given the wait and build allocations on the current RS3 should I get a deposit down now in the hope it comes out sooner?

Just do what all the rest have to do wait mate,Audi could'nt organise a Orgy in a brothel...

Reactions: Radman

Firstly, hooray for someone to actually want to post something about the thread topic (too much sh*te on here about Renaults and god knows what else).

In the absence of a new car, I wouldn't be too shy about considering a low ish mileage (sub 10K miles) one owner car which has already absorbed the first year depreciation, especially if it is a high spec car. You could be looking at low £40k to buy and then go find yourself a good rate PCP or a perhaps a low rate bank loan - there are a few around if you look.

Once you have got the car....drive the damn thing and really enjoy it. You will find the performance (for a hatchback) is astonishing, and despite what others think, it will actually go round corners pretty good too.....and in ALL weather conditions too. Oh.. and did I mention the addictive sound it makes, every tunnel and every multi storey car park is just temptation to be a hooligan!

When you have done all this, around 12 to 14 months and many enjoyable miles may have passed and low and behold... a facelift model may now have appeared. Talk to a dealer, go test drive one and then find a way of upgrading your car. Simples!:yes:

If the facelift doesn't materialise,..... well then you will have been driving around in a great desirable car that is likely to hold its price fairly well and may even be considered as a classic!

Reactions: Evotion, Radman, Terminator x and 2 others
That's a decent plan although I'm negative equity with the car I've got, I've got the money to pay that off but if I buy the current RS3 and its also in negative equity come facelift time I don't want to pay out again, id rather do it all once and that way have a decent deposit to keep the monthlies down, I really can't help thinking the facelift is on the way at some point, to be honest as sad as it seems I only really want the virtual cockpit from the possible facelift I'm not worried about an extra ten BHP here or there as I'll tune it anyway, the lighter engine from the TTRS would also be nice but surely if they decide to start production again the virtual cockpit would be added to the options?

That's a decent plan although I'm negative equity with the car I've got, I've got the money to pay that off but if I buy the current RS3 and its also in negative equity come facelift time I don't want to pay out again, id rather do it all once and that way have a decent deposit to keep the monthlies down, I really can't help thinking the facelift is on the way at some point, to be honest as sad as it seems I only really want the virtual cockpit from the possible facelift I'm not worried about an extra ten BHP here or there as I'll tune it anyway, the lighter engine from the TTRS would also be nice but surely if they decide to start production again the virtual cockpit would be added to the options?

Hate to say this, but If you are struggling with financials at the moment, and have your heart set on a 'new model' with some toys (it wont be a face lift), the price of the newer car with the desirable tech will not be any cheaper ..... unlikely to be significantly discounted at launch either or for many months after. Bit of a dilemma?

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
Oh don't get me wrong I know they won't be doing great deals on any RS3 if they restart production or facelift it slightly, its just that I don't want to pay the couple of grand negative equity im in at the moment and buy a current RS3 only to sell it 6 months later when things like the virtual cockpit is added and have to fork out another couple of grand negative equity to make the swap.
That's an extra 2k that could be added to whatever deposit I have at the time production kicks in again.

If it is a year + that explains waiting times of 4 months on the Merc A45 AMG as they were massive discounts when the RS3 was out & delivery in super quick times.

Audi are helping Merc big time delaying the RS3.

Reactions: Radman and RS3 S.
Oh don't get me wrong I know they won't be doing great deals on any RS3 if they restart production or facelift it slightly, its just that I don't want to pay the couple of grand negative equity im in at the moment and buy a current RS3 only to sell it 6 months later when things like the virtual cockpit is added and have to fork out another couple of grand negative equity to make the swap.
That's an extra 2k that could be added to whatever deposit I have at the time production kicks in again.

I currently have the same problem and the same level of negative equity. I am paying it off.

I am not waiting for the FL, and I were one of the first 'FL Dreamers'. The FL is listed to be in "Market Introduction" in Late 17, if that is orders opening then you won't see the first cars till March-May 2018 at the VERY earliest!!! Get on the approved market now while you can, instead of looking on jealously to those who are driving while we fantasise, go get one and drive it for the next 18 months.

I originally thought the Virtual Cockpit was a must and I would wait and leave the current model. Then I drove the current model, simply put it does not matter. I went from thinking about the toys to realising it is a serious, serious driving machine and believe me a digital screen in-front of you will not take from or add to that experience. I personally love virtual cockpit, but I love the look of the current RS3 dials and all in all, the small improvements are never worth a 12 month wait let alone 18.

I am prepared to eat my words in a few months if they do open the order books, but it is so unlikely at this current stage based on what we have. But I won't mind nonetheless, if I can get my hands on a pre-facelift before the order books open I will be a very happy man.

I only suggest you go and have an extended test drive, take ti from a virtual cockpit lover and FL Dreamer!!

Reactions: Radman, Spaceman_RS3, Terminator x and 3 others
If it is a year + that explains waiting times of 4 months on the Merc A45 AMG as they were massive discounts when the RS3 was out & delivery in super quick times.

Audi are helping Merc big time delaying the RS3.

Same dilemma with the A45 AMG Merc, new car scheduled for release in 2018 with uprated 400bhp engine (it's been seen out on test at Nurburgring). I wonder if prospective owners are waiting for the new model with the more powerful engine? Kinda sounds familiar?

Regardless of it being an Audi or a Merc, it's almost unbelievable that you will be able to go out and buy a hatchback with over 400bhp as a standard car from the manufacturer! Incredible!:sign wow:

Reactions: RS3 S., Scottyg and Snake Pliskin
I've heard the new A class is scheduled for 2018 and if the release is the same as what the first A45 was with the first A class then the new A45 will be early 2019, merc though have said it will be a completely new engine and I've seen them hint a couple of times that they could possibly go smaller capacity!! If helped with advanced tech like e-turbos and stuff, no matter the output a 1.6 turbo would be an absolute no go for me.

As for Audi losing customers to merc that is a possibility, I managed to get 6.5k discount on the FL A45 via carwow with a list of just over 45k which is good going.
I personally think Audi have done what they have done with the RS3 production to help the saloons order books swell up a bit.
I'm hoping that you won't have to see a facelift to get the virtual cockpit, I'm hoping if they say in the new year production will start again that it will be included, I think I'll wait till after Christmas and if there's still no solid news of facelifts or production re starting I'll go used.

I'll have had mine for 2.5 years by the time we see the saloon driving around. Wonderful car for all that time + the ideal time to change ;)

TX.
Saloon dreamer ...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, ComputerControlled, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Not sure I like the saloons wheels although nice to see them do something different other than rotors, I think people might get a bit hung up on the 400 bhp and 0-60 time, Audi are very clever all they've done is produce a car (the RS3 hatch) with those figures already as dynos and Vboxes show and then lie and downplay it, then bring out a new model and this time tell the truth about what it can do and hey presto you have mags drooling over this new added grunt lol

How do you know that it's not exactly the same situation and the new one won't often put out 410-415bhp?

No way of knowing till a member puts a saloon on a dyno. Nissan's GTR never put outs it's claimed BHP. Always over by as much as 50-70BHP.

we just need to learn to handle differing opinions graciously. Often easier said than done..........

I know Craig, I know. But at least you're starting to work on it. Hang on in there and I'm sure we'll get there in the end...:relieved:
(Only a joke btw)

I've just had a call from a main dealer who have a low mileage RS3 that I was interested in some months ago, but as it doesn't have the sports exhaust, turned it down.

They are struggling to sell it, presumably because of the lack of dynamic pack, and have offered to lop a huge chunk off the price, as well as incredibly offering to pay and fit for a cat back Milltek exhaust. I seriously doubt I'd go for this, but out of interest, do people think this would be as good sounding as the standard dynamic packs sports exhaust?

I've just had a call from a main dealer who have a low mileage RS3 that I was interested in some months ago, but as it doesn't have the sports exhaust, turned it down.

They are struggling to sell it, presumably because of the lack of dynamic pack, and have offered to lop a huge chunk off the price, as well as incredibly offering to pay and fit for a cat back Milltek exhaust. I seriously doubt I'd go for this, but out of interest, do people think this would be as good sounding as the standard dynamic packs sports exhaust?

Yeah you gotta have the sports exhaust with these cars.

.........I've had a Milltek exhaust on a previous car & they do sound nice. Could be worth it with the 5 pot engine?.

Why not ask them to fit the sports exhaust? Nothing ventured nothing gained ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D0C
As I said in the other thread its enough with the origin with decats and open flaps all the time and you have the same loud sound or louder? Understand that Audi wouldn't do it but just that isn't enough to not buy it.

Not sure I like the saloons wheels although nice to see them do something different other than rotors, I think people might get a bit hung up on the 400 bhp and 0-60 time, Audi are very clever all they've done is produce a car (the RS3 hatch) with those figures already as dynos and Vboxes show and then lie and downplay it, then bring out a new model and this time tell the truth about what it can do and hey presto you have mags drooling over this new added grunt lol

How can you tell that? It maybe puts down around 420-430 hp and plenty of different things done with it and just some parts of the old engine is used when they presented the new engine in a video.

So, I've gone and bought myself a new S3.

I could not get the finance to suit an RS3. I were getting accepted, but Black Horse were maxing the cars value at say £38k, leaving shortfalls of £7-£8k to pay via deposit. I would have been paying a ridiculous deposit for a car that wasn't my desired spec and was base spec itself. So as hard as it was, especially after being surrounded by 40+ RS3's yesterday at ADI, I've bought an S3.

I've gone for a showroom car, to be registered this week as I have gotten a very good deal in comparison to the RS'. I did want virtual cockpit, but I avoided it as I would have been a factory order customer waiting until 2018. So I've gone with a very nice spec, while keeping costs down. I plan to run this until the FL shows up in dealerships, drive the FL and if I fall in love with it I will order one, but if not the S3 is a very nice car still. Something nice is although it doesn't have the Tech Pack, all the new facelift models seem to have what is equivalent to tech pack in the RS, standard. WiFi hotspot, Google Maps, now Apple CarPlay etc etc. Here are some photos:

So I guess it's time to have a browse through the A3/S3 section and find my feet :tearsofjoy: I will still pop over here for updates every now and again I should imagine.

Reactions: Jassyo06, 45bvtc, Bristle Hound and 5 others
@AudiNutta Good lad. Lovely looking S3. Another Daytona owner. Just remember, you're still a youngster, your RS3 will come along at some point. :yahoo:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Radman
Get a tuning box or map it and it'll be as quick as an RS3, albeit without that awesome 5cyl noise.

@AudiNutta Good lad. Lovely looking S3. Another Daytona owner. Just remember, you're still a youngster, your RS3 will come along at some point. :yahoo:

It was gutting, but I've given up on the RS and I am glad I have on reflection.. I would have been paying far too much for a car that wasn't right, shouldn't be compromising on a £45k car, used and a demonstrator at that!

I'm very happy with the S3 for now, a nice looking car and the FL has done a lot for it with a more aggressive front end, so it will actually look different to my S Line 8V which the pre-facelift wouldn't have.

It's not Daytona, that's a few people tricked on that one now ;) It's Nano Grey, it's a dark Nardo by effect but is a metallic colour, up close.

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc, Spaceman_RS3, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Just did a close up on the car, I can see the difference now. Stunning colour. Always thought Nano was flatter but that looks very high gloss. Good choice.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Get a tuning box or map it and it'll be as quick as an RS3, albeit without that awesome 5cyl noise.

I have thought about a map, but it's not worth voiding the warranty IMO. I'm sure moving up from a 1.4TFSi to this will keep me happy for quite a while yet. It would have to be a very good tuning box, I will see what comes out down the line as this 310ps revision has only been out a few months.

The only thing missing from a driving aspect is the noise factor, Audi have tried to implement a few crackles with the update but it's not the same as the animal in the RS3, never would be.

Reactions: Radman
Just did a close up on the car, I can see the difference now. Stunning colour. Always thought Nano was flatter but that looks very high gloss. Good choice.

You do have to take a second glance on the photos. Yes it is very high gloss, stands out in the showroom even next to the black car. It's a colour that helps distinguish the car from most on the road, IMO it makes people take a second glance realising it's more than an A3.

Reactions: Scottyg