father christmas has just been and left me a nice package.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
well its third time lucky on the rim front and father Christmas has just been all the way from Poland.
left me two nice big packages which took less time to reach me than a first class letter in this part of surrey....
Anway , all arrived in pristine undamaged packaging so big thumbs up there aswell, had a quick snoop in one box and I am very pleased with them , the quality is excellent , even the centre cap is a quality made part, and now seeing them in the flesh they are better than I was hoping for, just need to get them fitted on tomorrow.
probably not everyone cuppa but I think they are going to look just right , well from my perspective that is, not too much black and just enough to contrast the rest.
IMG 0711
IMG 0712
IMG 0713

rob

Reactions: Stifler, Baka, SDHA4SLine and 1 other person
like the look of those, come on get them on lets see your old bus with its new rims :sm4:

They should look amazing on the car, looking forward to some pictures!

Rob, those are really nice wheels. Hope your out there fitting them and taking pics for us. :)

Got to admit Rob I do actually like them. Can't wait to see them on the car.

it's allways the same, when you want a specific image you can never find it, then after the requirement for that image has passed , yep you guessed it, one pops up.
happen to stumble across this Pic of a white A4 B7 with the exact same rims fitted and they look just right to me , even on a white car, Mine are an ET40 so may invest in 4 x 5mm spacer to go allround just to get the arch positioning just right.
Rim7

that would be good idea mate, I could have done with it last weekend to be honest , anyway I did some photo editing before I made the choice of these on my a4, it just naffed me off a bit to find a good base pic to use after the event....that's the way it goes I suppose, anyway looking forward to getting them fitted now and getting the H&R springs on too.

sweet rims....Good choice fella. cant wait for the pic's to come.....

well looks like its all gone pete tong for the 4th time now.
They wont fit the fronts , the spokes wont clear the caliper carrier, and we are not talking by a liitle bit either, approx. 15mm to clear the carriers,
so even after all my carefull calculation on offets rims sizes etc and using several "will they fit " sites , they wont, what a total PAIN IN THE BUM.
look great on the car aswell, so not sure where to go from here frankly, seller is adamant they will fit , but pics say tell a different story, seller fitment chart says they will fit my car reg or specific model , they wont.
Having thought about it I know what the issue is, its because my a4 avant is the 220 special edition using the bigger 320mm vented disks with the bigger S4 carriers, they just stick out way more than the standard kit.
So note to self, never trust any fitment chart for compatible parts if you own the same variant A4 B7, but then again the seller says they fit B6 S4 without issues , so not sure what goes on to be honest.
Anyway, great rims, a real shame they wont fit, so wont be going on my avant yet if at all.
pic of loose rim fitted and of the offending problem.

so to anyone thinking about a similar mods, whatever you do, triple & quadruple check what you are buying is 200% compatible with your car, well I did and still came unstuck.
cheers
rob

IMG 0724
IMG 0719
IMG 0716

Last edited:
*** Rob I thought I had bad luck with my first set of 19's getting FUBAR'd by the tyre fitters and having to get a replacement set off them.

But you're having it real bad....I feel for you pal!

really loosing the plot now on the whole alloy wheel thing mate, may just shelve the project and stick with the the ones I have now, may well be stuck with this new set though as talks with the seller are not progressing the way I would like.....

Gutted for you mate.

So are your calipers twin piston then?

not 100% sure now mate, my brains gone into meltdown now, I think they are single jobbies, but its the larger carriers that are the problem from what I can see.

They look good as well.. :(

Not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs, but have you checked the offset of the rims to check he has sent the correct ones ? Maybe a miss matched set ?

thanks , i checked all the rims sizes from the packaging and with the stamps on the inside of the rims when they were delivered ( had that problem before of wrong rims in boxes) to ensure they were correct , all was correct that i ordered, i think its a seller/manufacturer issue in that they didn't check for compatability across all A4 B7 variants which would allow for different brake setup and configurations, they have just assumed that all B7 2.0tfsi Quattro avants are the same spec, and they are not.

Just wondering as I thought the s4 calipers were twin pots.

they may well be dani, never had a good look at one, but oddly enough the seller maintains these rims will also fit B7 S4 , cant see how that can be correct as they wont go on mine and his compatible fitment list says "wont fit B7 S4 " , all getting very complicated frankly.
I rang audi and queried the carrier part number on mine against S4 and they said mine were the same as the S4 carriers, didn't mention calipers though but they aren't the problem.

If you paid by PayPal you should be able to claim the cost back if the seller isn't interested. As long as you can prove they don't fit which is basically what the pictures will help with.

Fingers crossed for you pal!

that's my next move chap if no solution to my satisfaction happens shortly.
thanks

I've noticed this on mine recently also when swapping over to a set of winter alloys, the carriers stick out a fair amount. I had a set of BBS speedlines from my a3 which I was hoping would fit, but not a chance, probably as far out as yours are.

Whats the ET on the wheels? I ended up taking a punt on some standard B6 wheels which were ET43 7.5J and 17" (don't worry they're just for winter!! :grin:) and they fit over carriers just fine, so it seems to be very hit and miss.

just spent a while working out what the possible options were , and for these rims there are not really any I want to go with.
For these rims to fit they need to be an ET 30 or less to bring the wheel out enough to clear the carriers, they don't do it in that size, or same rim in a 9J on an ET35 , this would fit but the outer rim will poke out 20.7mm more than before. so high chance of rubbing bodywork.
Spacer would work but don't fancy having 15mm around to be honest.
so looks like they are a non starter then.

Feel your pain mate
Need spacers for mine
Try a set and see how you feel,the wheels look great by the way :)

I wonder if you can get these in a 5x112 Rob as they help a little.....

2yvqucg.jpg

.....Sorry pal couldn't resist!

nice one mate, well as long as they are et35 anything is possible at the moment...lol

And on the subject of , dare I say it, wheels again I've had to resort to a much more indepth and technical approach to the problem , and it meant using my brain on a sunday morning which is never going to be ideal frankly , but gave it a go.

seller wanted indepth specs of the my hubs and carriers etc to find a suitable fitment, so , did exactly what he wanted , got out my very special tools

IMG 0733
IMG 0735
IMG 0737

so hopefully he'll have enough data to be going on with now.

I expect i'll get it sorted out sometime sooner than later.

Shame you're not located near the seller and then he could see for himself and try as he may to get them too fit.

With regards to the above spacers if you went that route.....at least they wouldn't catch your callipers or the inside lip of the arch!

Oh and there is one more solution.....you could always swap your 320mm discs and callipers for my 312mm set up and I may even chuck in a new set of pads and disks
male04-male-happy-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000044-large.gif

nah it's ok chap i'm quite happy with it at 320 , I have a strict policy of upgrading only....lol

Reactions: carlcall
A wheel with a lip that wide especially at only 8" wide is always going to struggle with brake clearance.

These were 8j et35s that I had for a while, you can see the difference in the depth of the lip, these fitted over Porsche brakes with about 5mm clearance.

yes I know what you mean, in a way a part of me knew that it may be an issue due to the rim lip etc, but when the seller listed it specifically fitted without issues , and matched my avant details I did to degree rely on those factors, but it wasn't to be.
like you say, rims with lips are allways going to be tricky so i'm avoiding them now, there has been a suggestion that going to an 8.5 or 9j rim on an ET 35 may be enough but from my calculation on a 9j rim it will rub a fair bit, so looking at different rim now, hopefuly from same seller to save a lot of messing about but if not it is back to the web for inspiration.
thanks chap for the input.

well I seem to have grown a liking for the dark side now , which is certainly not the norm for me, find myself strangely liking these bad boys , can't put my finger on it, just really drawn to them..
Rim9

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
The will look well on your car.....plus they are slightly concave also or are they deeper than they look as the picture could be a little deceiving?

These off the same seller?

from my line of thought they should fit as they are the opposite of what I have now and without the lip aswell, in an ET 35 on 19" should be spot on, waiting to hear back from seller as to technical spec and fitting, I wouldn't normal go black but these look really nice for a black rim, maybe it the contrasting silver rim section and the pattern that change its look, you may have noticed i'm a bit fussy on the rim front and when a rim talks to me like this one does that's a good start...

Yes I have noticed you can be a little fussy but that's to be expected as you want to be different to the norm and that you want everything to be spot on also. But in all honesty I'd keep the rim talking to you a little hush hush as we all know they can't talk

Now the thing is are you going to be so fussy as in the wheel width?