VCDS DIS (audi s3 8p 2007)

Hoax87

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need a little help. I picked up and audi s3 8p 2007 a couple of weeks ago.

I have DIS and the correct wiper stalk but it seems my DIS system is very limited in terms of the only option displayed is 'miles to empty'. Don't appear to be able to scroll through and see average speed, mpg and average mpg etc. The 'miles to empty' is displayed with a number 1 in the top right of the bottom box, presuming that is computer 1.

Question I have is whether I would be able to unlock more options and access my trip computers by enabling via vcds or does my car just have a basic entry level DIS system?, Not fussed if it has just but if I can unlock more options it would be a bonus.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Ant

You can try. My s4 b6 cab has the DIS, with correct wiper stalk. Does your stalk have the reset button and the buttons on the end?

The coding is here - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Steering_Wheel#Coding - go into steering module and change the 6th digit to 1 or 4, depending on if you have cruise control. If you have long coding then just check the correct box on the correct bit (I don't have long coding so not 100% sure on that).

Matt

Hi all,

Need a little help. I picked up and audi s3 8p 2007 a couple of weeks ago.

I have DIS and the correct wiper stalk but it seems my DIS system is very limited in terms of the only option displayed is 'miles to empty'. Don't appear to be able to scroll through and see average speed, mpg and average mpg etc. The 'miles to empty' is displayed with a number 1 in the top right of the bottom box, presuming that is computer 1.

Question I have is whether I would be able to unlock more options and access my trip computers by enabling via vcds or does my car just have a basic entry level DIS system?, Not fussed if it has just but if I can unlock more options it would be a bonus.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Ant
I know it' 2 years ago but I recently got an 08 a3 facelift 1.9tdi, no dis no cruise control, and I'm having the exact same problem, I've been able to install the stalks and i have the midline 1K0 AH box, coding cruise control was simple but DIS just won't work, been into vcds to change to 4 but it just does the same as yours can' get the mpg, did you sort it in the end? Any help would be much appreciated
Regards
James