Remote controlled windows

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Can you enable the windows to open and close with holding the lock\unlock buttons on the fob like I used to with my 8P?
I know with the 8P I enabled it with VCDS and the one touch had to be working but dont seem to be able to find that function on the 8V?

Forgive me if I misunderstand what functionality your looking for, but my windows will open / close if I hold the unlock / lock buttons on my key fob exactly as you describe..do yours not?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Forgive me if I misunderstand what functionality your looking for, but my windows will open / close if I hold the unlock / lock buttons on my key fob exactly as you describe..do yours not?
Same here ...Work off the fob...:salute:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
There's a setting in the MMI somewhere to turn this function on/ off, for fronts and separately for rears, if you have 4 or 5 doors.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
There's a setting in the MMI somewhere to turn this function on/ off, for fronts and separately for rears, if you have 4 or 5 doors.
Never bothered looking as it worked from day one ..I will have a play with the MMI tonight regarding operating the front and rear windows...Cheers Pintman....:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Pintman
Never bothered looking as it worked from day one ..I will have a play with the MMI tonight regarding operating the front and rear windows...Cheers Pintman....:friends:

Yes it's under menu, car and then settings or setup mmi I think - You'll get an option for driver assist and it's in there with the option to fold the mirrors when you lock if you have folding mirrors obviously

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Pintman
Think it's called global closing/opening l don't use it for the windows l use it to open/close the pano-roof :whistle2:

Reactions: nickk709, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Thank you all for the reply, Ill have a look when I get home in the settings. I thought Id have to enable it in VCDS like with the last car.

Is a Great feature for opening the windows a couple of mins before leaving the office on a hot summers day

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Yes it's under menu, car and then settings or setup mmi I think - You'll get an option for driver assist and it's in there with the option to fold the mirrors when you lock if you have folding mirrors obviously
No folding mirrors for me:sadlike:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
No folding mirrors for me:sadlike:
There are quite a few S3's without them mate,the five l saw yesterday on the Audi approved forecourt never had them so yer not alone mate

There are quite a few S3's without them mate,the five l saw yesterday on the Audi approved forecourt never had them so yer not alone mate
You know ...This is what I like about this forum..There's always some one there to cheer you up....LOL :friends:

You know ...This is what I like about this forum..There's always some one there to cheer you up....LOL :friends:
Most S3's out there ain't that highly specced either mate,the one's that are on the likes of the audi approved UK site are mostly ex demo's so have high spec,yeah there are a few folk on here with a high spec but generally they are very few and far between

Most S3's out there ain't that highly specced either mate,the one's that are on the likes of the audi approved UK site are mostly ex demo's so have high spec,yeah there are a few folk on here with a high spec but generally they are very few and far between
The next car I get...probably another S3 saloon I will make sure it is spec'd up to my liking..I think I was a bit to eager to get the one I have now..Don't get me wrong I still love it just would've liked to have had a few luxuries .....:yes:

The next car I get...probably another S3 saloon I will make sure it is spec'd up to my liking..I think I was a bit to eager to get the one I have now..Don't get me wrong I still love it just would've liked to have had a few luxuries .....:yes:
Yip it's a learning curve mate was for me aswell next car's got to be of my spec

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
Yip it's a learning curve mate was for me aswell next car's got to be of my spec

Yep, built in hairdryer at the very least in the TTS mate!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
I hear the optional curlers are expensive...but they are Quattro branded..:haha:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and Rob2k68
I hear the optional curlers are expensive...but they are Quattro branded..:haha:

..........he's not biting mate........................gonna have to up the ante................. :blahblah1:

Last edited:

LOL !!

FMbMubJm

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
hairdryer%20car.jpg

..........he's not biting mate........................gonna have up the ante................. :blahblah1:
Maybe we should also point out that you get Lunar Silver leather as a free combo with the curlers...:haha: His radar should pick up on that..lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Aye l have;nt eaten for nearly 3 dayz, and i sat down for a pink linky..and cant eat it for laughin...at these posts.....Top drawer guys....4 can coma yip.Top drawer guyz ...l'll be sick if l eat anymore...lol

Aye l have;nt eaten for nearly 3 dayz, and i sat down for a pink linky..and cant eat it for laughin...at these posts.....Top drawer guys....4 can coma yip.Top drawer guyz ...l'll be sick if l eat anymore...lol

You enjoy it mate!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
You enjoy yer it mate!! lol
As Simon says...I think..What's a pink linky? Googled it and got this
Upload 2016 3 11 20 8 6
whatever floats yer boat I guess..lol

Nice vents but what the **** ....too plain jane for Jassmine...the hairdresser...lol l like a bit of red n blue colouring on me vents....Well who doesnt...lol

20pcs-font-b-cute-b-font-font-b-car-b-font-font-b-air-b-font.jpg

Am on the cusp of the 4 can coma...."awesome quote mate" am off up to me Scratcher for your translation Pburv THATS me Beddy Bawz aka me silent night mattress....lol

Am on the cusp of the 4 can coma...."awesome quote mate" am off up to me Scratcher for your translation Pburv THATS me Beddy Bawz aka me silent night mattress....lol

......take it easy mate, I'll have a few more in yer honour!! lol

Pink Linky ya English goat, is slang for Chinky....Chinky is slang up here for Chinese...Ya diggin it...lol
Hey less of the English goat I'm a fellow Celt (Welsh) Chinese takeaway translated in our native tongue is

'cludfwyd Tsieineaidd'..That will have you spitting your takeaway out pronouncing that one....:puke2:
Anyway have to 'love and leave you' all now the missus is getting annoyed with the tapping keyboard.. :scared2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I turned this off on mine.

From experience on 1st 8P A3; left them open and was a heavy rainfall overnight :frown:

£80 to dry out and clean :cower:

Reactions: pburv
I turned this off on mine.

From experience on 1st 8P A3; left them open and was a heavy rainfall overnight :frown:

£80 to dry out and clean :cower:
Had a similar experience with my old A3 as well .My neighbour knocked on the door very early in the morning to tell me my windows were open...:blink:

Reactions: A3_Rider