stubborn dirt/ tarmac

strizzle

Reaction score
Hi i am after some advice on removing the stubborn dirt and tarmac spots of the car and of the alloys

Reactions: pburv
Autosmart Tardis is great for this spray it on and watch the tar melt , It has to be washed thoroughly though and polished , sealed and wax applied after .
The Autoglym version gets good write up to .

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Loads of good info but its addictive though ......

Hi i am after some advice on removing the stubborn dirt and tarmac spots of the car and of the alloys
AF_Obliterate.jpg
Try this it's available from http://www.waxmiracles.co.uk/...:friends:

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-6_18-48-20.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-6_18-48-20.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: strizzle
CarPro Tar X - used it on my wheels that looked clean it blew me away how much tar came off. Use with caution it says leave on for two mins then rinse off.

Reactions: davc and pburv
This wont damage the alloys or the paintwork will it
I think by the very nature of what it is attacking you have to remove it within a time limit.,

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Prob worth not getting it near the wheel balancing weights either as it will work its magic on the tape holding those on too.

Reactions: pburv
Prob worth not getting it near the wheel balancing weights either as it will work its magic on the tape holding those on too.
Never thought of that Rob..Cheers for the heads up...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68

To be fair, I sprayed a load of KKD Tar-Tastic on the sticky residue left from removing the front wing 'V6T' badges and it took a rather lot of product sprayed directly on the exposed sticky stuff, and required about 1hr (I left it on while I ate my sunday roast, so probably about 3hrs) work time before it was able to shift with complete ease.

So yes, I guess caution is required, but wouldn't lose sleep over it doing too much to them :p

CarPro Tar X - used it on my wheels that looked clean it blew me away how much tar came off. Use with caution it says leave on for two mins then rinse off.
Quality product that.

It is also good for removing carbon build up on exhaust tips.

The other option is simply to use QD or car shampoo and a clay bar! Call me old fashioned but it works the best for me. Not a fan of AG Tar Remover. Bought a bottle a few years ago and it's still half full.

The other option is simply to use QD or car shampoo and a clay bar! Call me old fashioned but it works the best for me. Not a fan of AG Tar Remover. Bought a bottle a few years ago and it's still half full.
I bought some AG Tar Remover and it seems to work fine. But I have only ever used it on the occasional spot, so not expecting it to run out any time this decade!

Never tried AG but a tar remover is far easier than claying to me! Spray, leave 20mins and wipe off gently with a MF. Or spray off and dry.

Not to mention that I'll only clay when I know I'll be doing a quick polish after. Marring is inevitable....

I will pop into local halfords and see if they have any of them products in stock then give the s3 a good clean

Halfords have got turtlewax bug and tar remover, auto glym intensive tar remover or power maxed tar and glue remover which is the best out of these and i need something to clean alloys brake dust/tarmac

Never tried AG but a tar remover is far easier than claying to me! Spray, leave 20mins and wipe off gently with a MF. Or spray off and dry.

Not to mention that I'll only clay when I know I'll be doing a quick polish after. Marring is inevitable....

I normally clay twice a year which takes care of the tar. Luckily I don't do many miles a year so tar isn't really an issue. However, I've never left marring while claying, even on my previous black cars.

I normally clay twice a year which takes care of the tar. Luckily I don't do many miles a year so tar isn't really an issue. However, I've never left marring while claying, even on my previous black cars.

Fair enough. I've used a cheap clay bar that was very bad, and a now use Zanio which seems to be very good, but still always get some slight marks left behind. Seemed to be the general consensus on DW and such that light marks were impossible to avoid, but perhaps my methods are flawed...

Mind you they are very very easy to correct. On par with very light water spotting and light polish by hand can usually shift them.

Just cleaned the car used autoglym intensive tar remover still no luck with removing the black dots and have noticed some yellow dots aswell
20160307 171839
2016 03 07 173019
2016 03 07 172745

Not used AG. Did you leave it on for a while? Did you notice any of the tar spots 'melting' (running down the paintwork)? If not, then they aren't tar spots.