Air bag light

phillip 200

Reaction score
Hi my air bag light came on in my 2003 1.9 TDi Quattro after a cold snap so I did the yellow plug under the seats, my car only has one plug a 3 pin yellow one so I did booth seats then I plugged my ODBII in and set to clear all faults though it did not show any.
Needles to say the light did not go out, so I got this thing off Amazon

VW AUDI Airbag Light Reset ToolAmazon product

I gave it a try today and the light is still on, would it be better to solder the yellow plug wires and then give it a go again with the tool. Or could there be some thing I have missed.

Phil.

Last edited:
Might be the tool .. you need to clear the code with vcds

Might be the tool .. you need to clear the code with vcds
Hi thanks I have a OBD11 reader code reset tool but it says that I have no codes to reset or clear do you know if there my be any other plugs that might be the problem.

Phil.

I would be wanting to put the proper vcds code reader on it to find exactly what the fault is, especially with the air bag. I guess you would want it to work in the event of an accident.

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
I would be wanting to put the proper vcds code reader on it to find exactly what the fault is, especially with the air bag. I guess you would want it to work in the event of an accident.

Well yes I would like them to work, I did the yellow plugs and soldered all the wires and used some shrink wrap on them ( light still on ) I have ordered the vagcom software and cable I am hoping it will be hear on Monday, I will just set it up on a old netbook with XP on it.

Phil.

With a genuine VCDS cable you will get all the information you need, and a very useful future tool, I wouldn't be without mine.

With a genuine VCDS cable you will get all the information you need, and a very useful future tool, I wouldn't be without mine.

Well I got the VCDS cable and soft wear the light was still on after I cleared all fault codes, so I set it too do a full scan took about 10 mins and I got around 15 fault codes one was the N/S/R light but on checking it was working, so I took out the light cleaned it up put new bulbs in put it back on did a other scan then cleared all faults a lot of the fault codes were the alarm back light and drivers seat air bag the light was still on ?.

I was just about to through a fit and the laptop VCSD / cable in the bin but thought that I would just have a quick drive a round the block then try it again the light went out and appears to be working as it should be ? Cars ????.

Phil.

Reactions: neil ratcliffe