Mk2 2.0TFSI odd noise

iamnotthestig

Reaction score
As the title says. Ive had my new TTS about 3 days. The test drive was fine and so was the 2hr drive home from the dealer.

On occasion the car develops a sort of rotary squeal. Sound like a fan belt squeal but not as loud or as high pitch.

The nose only occurs at 1750 RPM+ and drops out as soon as the RPM goes below 1750. Does not occur overtime. Although it occurs most commonly after hard acceleration followed by sudden prolonged lift off or braking. The noise will then continue until the RPM drops. Once below 1750 the RPM can rise again and the noise does not necessarily come back.

In my video from my phone the noise is just about possible to hear over the tyre roar and is most prevalent at the start of the video.

The noise gets louder and faster with higher RPM.

Hello mate I struggled to hear but it sounded like a bearing , I would guess a wheel bearing but like I said I couldn't hear that well on tablet , so does the noise change if the car changes direction ?
,if you've got a go pro stick it round the car and see where the noise is coming from

Hello mate I struggled to hear but it sounded like a bearing , I would guess a wheel bearing but like I said I couldn't hear that well on tablet , so does the noise change if the car changes direction ?
,if you've got a go pro stick it round the car and see where the noise is coming from

I don't think its a bearing, the noise changes with RPM not speed. Also the noise doesn't change if I change direction.

Could be a pulley bearing of some sort or alternator bearing ?

Seems to be coming from the left hand side of the car. Took the glove box out and it's a lot louder but didn't occur until I sustained high speed.