Audi a3 Gearbox stuck

T Zaki

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need help please I can't get my 2007 Audi a3 gearbox to first gear or reverse! The rest of gears working ok.
I managed to look inside and the picture attached it shows is something missing! What that part called please? And how can I fitted if it's easy? Thanks in advance.Regards. Zak

Attachments

• 20160226_151515.jpg
    20160226_151515.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 225
  • 20160226_151515.jpg
    20160226_151515.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 192
that hole is for holding the shifter lever in position when resetting shifter cables at gearbox, there should be another hole underneath it where you can use a 5mm pin to hold shifter whilst you get to work under bonnet

Thank you for your reply, is that means the pin is missing? As the gearbox is not function, do you know what I need to do? Regards

the selector prob isnt your problem, is it a 6sp box by any chance?

Yes its 6 gear.

the 6sp box has a major issue where the pin in the selector shaft (inside the box) snaps, meaning you lose first and reverse (sometimes second aswell) get it checked over asap to confirm the fault mate

You absolutely right as the second gear stuck too, I thought I could fix it myself (silly me) I will take it to garages then. Very helpful mate and I appreciate your time. Regards

Reactions: phil miller