Goodbye S3 after 8 1/2 Years

XPOWER

Reaction score
Well the time has come and I've decided to get rid of my S3 after 8 1/2 years (3100 days to be exact) and 65,858 miles of ownership. I sold it webuyanycar for over £2000 more than what the dealer wanted. So I'm happy with that.

From collecting my car on 1st Sepetmber 2007 (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/september-1st-2007-delivery.44083/) until now I've really enjoyed my S3 ownership.

I know it's far from a perfect car. Handling isn't very exact as the car feels heavy. I even find now it struggles to keep up with modern hot hatches even with a stage 1 remap, but it's more than fast enough to get into serious trouble.

Repair costs were starting to mount. 4th gear was really difficult to engage and when it did it was with a loud crunch. Discs and pads needed changing. Rear parking sensors were broken. Timing belt and water pump needs changing. The list was getting longer every year.

So as I say goodbye to the S3 looking back I have no regrets buying it and even today it has a halo effect with people stop me and want to talk to be about it.

But I feel I need to move on. I'm getting a bit old (39 this year) to be driving around in a 3 door hot-hatch, but this is probably just me though.

So Tuesday I will be collecting my new car.

Thanks 8P forum you have been a great source of information and advice over the years.

Reactions: THQuattro, S3Alex and Sandra
Lovely car in the best colour. Hope you enjoy it. We be looking for more pics when you collect. x

Lovely car in the best colour. Hope you enjoy it. We be looking for more pics when you collect. x

Thanks Sandra.
I'm a bit 50/50 about Catalunya red as the colour looks ST orange under some lights but then it looks really nice bright red in the sun. I'll live with it though.
Will do, even though the weather looks rubbish with heavy rain for Tuesday.

Reactions: Sandra
Nice upgrade! Congrats and enjoy it!
Mine is almost 7 years old..and enjoying it every minute.

Nice upgrade! Congrats and enjoy it!
Mine is almost 7 years old..and enjoying it every minute.
Thanks.
I really hope I will like it as I only took a test drive in a 1.4 sports back which I really liked.
Otherwise its going to be a very expensive mistake.

I think it says a lot about how good the 8P A3 is when we keep them for such a long time.

Hope you enjoy the new one at least as much!

Hope you enjoy the new one at least as much!
Thanks Alex.
Moving from a 90hp 1.5 Nissan Almera to an S3 was a big step up in terms of power and refinement.
So moving from a 300hp 360hp wont be such a big step. Even though its not just about power why I chose my new car.
But I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

Reading your posts over the years has show how much potential the 8P has and how enjoyable it can be to own.

Reactions: Sandra, S. and S3Alex
@XPOWER Hope you enjoy your car collection Tomorrow. . I have added a Catalunya banner into the joinable user groups. Look forward to the pics when you get a chance to share. x

Reactions: XPOWER
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…