Clutch Slipping?

ashmo

Reaction score
Stage 1 re-map, 74k, only started few days ago, flooring from 1-2 its fine pulls spot on with no issues, 2-3 or 3-4 or 5-6 floor it and when it gets to high revs there defiantly some kind slippage.

Also ever since I've had the car there has been a slight knocking feeling on the clutch pedal which goes away if you press the clutch down?

Last edited:
Think the knocking is your Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) normally change that when doing the clutch plate as these are pretty rubbish on an S3. Or so I've gleamed from looking into a new clutch myself.

mines just started doing same. looking to get a new clutch and dmf in there.

Just ordered a clutch and fly wheel bye bye £500

where did you get the clutch and fly wheel for £500 from?

Do you know what you bought ? Good price.. will it cope with stage 1 ok ?

Found the performance ones but it says £1009 for that. can you link to it please?

Do we know if the DMF from euro car parts is ok to work with the saches organic cluth kit?

Found the performance ones but it says £1009 for that. can you link to it please?

Here's the £255 Sachs Performance Clutch mentioned: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...7b2e9932d59b04c8402c6b4853a02ca6ebe270&000911 I'm a bit skeptical of it myself as the cheapest Sachs offered anywhere else is £500, so it will be interesting to see what the verdict is @ashmo after you've had it fitted.

Here's the LUK Flywheel as well for £275 (again price seems low) http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...5b0080d619ab991ca7720f36c1245bc8415340&000134 If both of these parts are the real deal, then I don't get how ECP can sell them 50% cheaper then anywhere else?

The only conclusion that I can get to is that they must be parts that nowhere else offers. I'm going Revo Stage 1 tomorrow and will look to go Stage 2+ at some point in the future of which I've currently got a Sachs Performance Clutch and LUK Flywheel down as £1,078.00 from AwesomeGTI, so if I can save £500 then that will be great! But it just seems too good to be true, surely lots of other people would've gone this option as well if the parts could cope with Stage 2+?

Last edited:
If something seems too good to be true...
I'm currently thinking about upgrading so will be interesting to see!

Doesnt say organic... the 500 odd quid one is organic

Here's the £255 Sachs Performance Clutch mentioned: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...7b2e9932d59b04c8402c6b4853a02ca6ebe270&000911 I'm a bit skeptical of it myself as the cheapest Sachs offered anywhere else is £500, so it will be interesting to see what the verdict is @ashmo after you've had it fitted.

Here's the LUK Flywheel as well for £275 (again price seems low) http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...5b0080d619ab991ca7720f36c1245bc8415340&000134 If both of these parts are the real deal, then I don't get how ECP can sell them 50% cheaper then anywhere else?

The only conclusion that I can get to is that they must be parts that nowhere else offers. I'm going Revo Stage 1 tomorrow and will look to go Stage 2+ at some point in the future of which I've currently got a Sachs Performance Clutch and LUK Flywheel down as £1,078.00 from AwesomeGTI, so if I can save £500 then that will be great! But it just seems too good to be true, surely lots of other people would've gone this option as well if the parts could cope with Stage 2+?

Looks to me like that's a paddle clutch and doesn't come with the pressure plate, so your only buying the friction plate.

Looks to me like that's a paddle clutch and doesn't come with the pressure plate, so your only buying the friction plate.

That would make sense! I'll just stick to AwesomeGTI/TSR-Performance when it comes to it, one thing I don't like to skimp out on is car parts.

I have just looked into this, that is only for the plate, you need cover, dualmass, slave, bolts etc etc

If any of you guys want a price them please PM me :)

Reactions: HHS3
I have just looked into this, that is only for the plate, you need cover, dualmass, slave, bolts etc etc

If any of you guys want a price them please PM me :)

Cool thanks for that.

It's going to be a while until I go Stage 2+ but I'll definitely keep you in mind when the time comes as I've just had a look on your website and your Sachs Clutch & LUK Flywheel offer is £900 compared to the £1,078.00 I've seen elsewhere.

Want the best clutch ? Then buy a spec clutch

Reactions: Connor121

Just an update it was just a paddle plate so I sent it back :expressionless: went to awesome GTI ordered the Helix kit which they said is good for road Stg 2, so all in with a new LUK Flywheel and Slave Cylinder from Euro £700 ish

Reactions: darrant1234