New Orders MY16 or MY17

Scott.T

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the cut-off date / transition date is likely to be for MY17 orders.
Also are there any rumours of any updates for MY17 i.e 'Plus' packs as applied to recent A4A5 ranges.

Are we due a brochure update ?

I'm getting close to placing an order for an S3 Saloon wand would like to ensure I don't lose out on any updates/freebies.

@Scott.T - MY17 I would think will be at BW22, which it normally is, however like most things in life this could be changed

There may be more info at the Geneva motor show, which starts the 3rd March 16, about future model updates

Brochure update will be April 16 for MY17 cars me thinks

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Cheers BH, April was what I was thinking too.
No order will be placed until after Geneva by me.
I have an S3 loaner at the weekend to wet the appetite.

@Scott.T - MY17 I would think will be at BW22, which it normally is, however like most things in life this could be changed

There may be more info at the Geneva motor show, which starts the 3rd March 16, about future model updates

Brochure update will be April 16 for MY17 cars me thinks

So if an order were placed for example mid March with a 10-12 week lead time and hypothetically speaking if I were then were given a BW23, would that imply what I get may be different to that ordered ?

Reactions: Rob2k68
So if an order were placed for example mid March with a 10-12 week lead time and hypothetically speaking if I were then were given a BW23, would that imply what I get may be different to that ordered ?

I'd leave a little more slack in it and order later as build weeks can be brought forward but in principle yes.

Probably aim for a Sept 66 plate to be absolutely sure especially if it bothers you falling mid reg.

Its wirth noting that if you get a facelifted car it will also be associated with a price increase or certainly a withdrawal of discounts!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm not after a facelift but would be miffed if a run-out model included some of my £4000 options.
I would also like to see if V-spokes end up on UK spec.

I'm not after a facelift but would be miffed if a run-out model included some of my £4000 options.
I would also like to see if V-spokes end up on UK spec.

I don't see for example a run out edition being introduced now,it's too late what you will get is a better Discount/dealer contribution,my advice to is buy stock there a few nice S3's coming in soon had a look on the Audi built list ie car's due into the UK in the next 6 weeks there's plenty of exclusive painted car's coming.

Hi guys just joined and torn between the s3 and the m135i. Do you think the specs/prices of the facelift will be revealed in April?

Hi guys just joined and torn between the s3 and the m135i. Do you think the specs/prices of the facelift will be revealed in April?
@Jassi I managed to get £4000 discount with the help of carwow forcing negotiations with my local dealers.
Carwow came back with anything from £300 - £4200 with a few around £3000.

To give you an idea, I ordered my S3 on 23/01/2015 and mine was BW22 - mine was (perhaps) the first MY16 delivered in Brisbane (Australia). It arrived at the dealership on 3 August 2015, and I picked it up on 7 August....

I think you EU guys have smaller wait times... for us on a far away island, i think we're forgotten sometimes.

@Scott.T - From my experience with, ahem, 3 new orders, 2 new S3 saloons & a S4 saloon. They have all moved foreword
The 2nd S3 saloon order was brought 6 weeks foreword from BW28 to BW22 so it really is in the lap of the gods so to speak

Reactions: Blackwhite
@Scott.T - From my experience with, ahem, 3 new orders, 2 new S3 saloons & a S4 saloon. They have all moved foreword
The 2nd S3 saloon order was brought 6 weeks foreword from BW28 to BW22 so it really is in the lap of the gods so to speak

You've left out your deliberations with the Fiesta ST, TT etc. etc. :p
(admittedly, you never got as far as placing orders ;) )

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
You've left out your deliberations with the Fiesta ST, TT etc. etc. :p
(admittedly, you never got as far as placing orders ;) )

:blink: BH. Blue---------Red--------Blue--------- Red-------- Blue. :tongueclosed: :redface new:

Reactions: veeeight and Bristle Hound
Reactions: Jassyo06, Blackwhite and veeeight
Problem has gone away now as S3 is probably not for me. The interior fit/finish and ride feels like a step back from the A4.
It also feels too small and my head is a haircut away from touching the roof.

Problem has gone away now as S3 is probably not for me. The interior fit/finish and ride feels like a step back from the A4.
It also feels too small and my head is a haircut away from touching the roof.
Yer having a laugh with the interior comparison, as good as the A4 dashboard is,it is pretty dated now,my hair hits the headlining ever so slightly that's because of the pano-roof but it wouldn't be a deal breaker,the S3 is a bargain right now with these silly discounts available,l would wait til may /June and hit a dealer for a existing stock car then.....win,win

Yer having a laugh with the interior comparison, as good as the A4 dashboard is,it is pretty dated now,my hair hits the headlining ever so slightly that's because of the pano-roof but it wouldn't be a deal breaker,the S3 is a bargain right now with these silly discounts available,l would wait til may /June and hit a dealer for a existing stock car then.....win,win

I feel like I sit 'in' the A4 and more 'on' the S3. I noticed this jumping in and out of them at various dealers but I was never 100% sure as I always had to sort out the seat position first.

I had about a 1.5 hour drive over well known roads between me and dealer. From Eastbourne up beachy head, bell toute lighthouse, Burling gap, Alfriston then back to Hastings.
This is a well trodden route of mine with some of it used in magazines and top gear features.

I started to get back ache about an hour in which was strange.

On the run down the straight to Burling gap the suspension got very our of shape with an astonishing amount of bounce. I was forced to very quickly hit the dynamic button to firm it up and dial out the bounce.
I do know that this is a particularly bouncey road as I have used it before for tuning the suspension on my other car. But I have never experienced bounce such as the S3 produced before.
Back to the interior. Yes there are touches of 'more' modern if your into the latest craze of ipads sticking out of the dash. But the touch and feel in the A4 is softer. Those round A3/S3 heater vents look like they are made from old milk crates.

Power delivery was OK but it didn't blow me away (I'm too used to 340BHP in a 1200Kg car, which is the same as 400BHP in a 1400Kg car). It felt like it was trying too hard when compared to the V6 in the S4. It then didn't have the luxury element of the A4/S4 when you change mood/mode.

It suffers the modern issue of having most of the turbo effect mapped out and linear, trying to make it feel like a normally aspirated engine.
Part throttle never gives full boost, despite I expect, the small, super efficient turbo, being quite capable to do so.
I like to have about 80% boost for 40-50% throttle deflection. This gives a much better torque response and makes progress swift without having to drive it's socks off.
The S3 seems to be mapped to give 100% boost only beyond 80% pedal effort (this wasn't measured via VCDS or Torque Pro, just my own interpretation of throttle angle).

Regarding prices. I currently have a 10.8% discount on the table for an S3 and an 18.7% discount for an A5 sport back. I think I know we're I'm heading next and will try and grab one of the last 230ps Manual Quattros before I run out of options for a manual biassed driver.
I will just have to get my weekend power fix from elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and pburv
I feel like I sit 'in' the A4 and more 'on' the S3. I noticed this jumping in and out of them at various dealers but I was never 100% sure as I always had to sort out the seat position first.

I had about a 1.5 hour drive over well known roads between me and dealer. From Eastbourne up beachy head, bell toute lighthouse, Burling gap, Alfriston then back to Hastings.
This is a well trodden route of mine with some of it used in magazines and top gear features.

On the run down the straight to Burling gap the suspension got very our of shape with an astonishing amount of bounce. I was forced to very quickly hit the dynamic button to firm it up and dial out the bounce.
I do know that this is a particularly bouncey road as I have used it before for tuning the suspension on my other car. But I have never experienced bounce such as the S3 produced before.
Back to the interior. Yes there are touches of 'more' modern if your into the latest craze of ipads sticking out of the dash. But the touch and feel in the A4 is softer. Those round A3/S3 heater vents look like they are made from old milk crates.

Power delivery was OK but it didn't blow me away (I'm too used to 340BHP in a 1200Kg car, which is the same as 400BHP in a 1400Kg car). It felt like it was trying too hard when compared to the V6 in the S4. It then didn't have the luxury element of the A4/S4 when you change mood/mode.

It suffers the modern issue of having most of the turbo effect mapped out and linear, trying to make it feel like a normally aspirated engine.
Part throttle never gives full boost, despite I expect, the small, super efficient turbo, being quite capable to do so.
I like to have about 80% boost for 40-50% throttle deflection. This gives a much better torque response and makes progress swift without having to drive it's socks off.
The S3 seems to be mapped to give 100% boost only beyond 80% pedal effort (this wasn't measured via VCDS or Torque Pro, just my own interpretation of throttle angle).

Regarding prices. I currently have a 10.8% discount on the table for an S3 and an 18.7% discount for an A5 sport back. I think I know we're I'm heading next and will try and grab one of the last 230ps Manual Quattros before I run out of options for a manual biassed driver.
Hi Scott.T.
Thanks for an honest review of the test drive you had. Different cars suit different people I suppose :shrug:
I am only 1700 miles in on my S3 and so far love it. I hope the next car you get suit's your needs and expectations..Oh and also the right amount of discount...Lol :salute:

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm waiting to see what the changes are for face-lift A3. If I still like it I will then have test drives in both an A3 Sportback and an A4 Avant. The extra space in the rear of the Avant would be useful but I not sure about the larger car and the permanent tablet on the dash. On my A3 the MMI screen is always down.

Over all a excellent review mate the bounce is very off putting indeed,switching to dynamic mode in the S3 won't change its suspension settings unless it has magride, did the car have it?
Torque is set a bit too high in the Rev range,my focus ST had more mid range torque in 6th gear and felt just little bit faster
Please don't go A5 Sportsback please lol thecoupe is a far nicer looking car and still very modern looking, a classic design
Regarding discounts l really do think 14/15% will be achievable in the next few months especially on a high spec "in Stock car"

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
Over all a excellent review mate the bounce is very off putting indeed,switching to dynamic mode in the S3 won't change its suspension settings unless it has magride, did the car have it?
Torque is set a bit too high in the Rev range,my focus ST had more mid range torque in 6th gear and felt just little bit faster
Please don't go A5 Sportsback please lol thecoupe is a far nicer looking car and still very modern looking, a classic design

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes it had Mag Ride and running 19's.
Mag ride is standard on the Saloon.
Sportback is the only option as I need the doors for my two boys, one of which is now not far of his Dad's height (6ft4).

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06

You probably did a similar journey to the one I also did, however I was so glad to get back into my a3 after experiencing the harsh ride of the a4. On anything less than billiard smooth roads I found myself hunting potholes and cracks in the road to avoid them as they transmitted far too much up into the seat and made for a jarring ride. This is confirmed by the road tests I've read as well.
As stated, the a3 had a much more refined ride than the a4 and because of that, and the way the salesperson treated me, I will not be buying a a4...