RS3...Limbo....wait....or Fully Loaded TTS

I remember getting crap money tor the mk2 TTS after a year on a trade in. Think the RS badge seems to hold value better but time will tell.

but I'm entitled to my opinion and freedom of speech, the last time I checked!

Yes, you are :D

All views and opinions are welcome :)

TT-S is the correct answer.
(It's the sharper handling and more alige car, you knew that anyway)

Good dealer contributions on it, Keep it for 18 -24 months, then change it for the new face lifted RS3 which has more power :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Mr.G
Yes, you are :D

All views and opinions are welcome :)

TT-S is the correct answer.
(It's the sharper handling and more alige car, you knew that anyway)

Good dealer contributions on it, Keep it for 18 -24 months, then change it for the new face lifted RS3 which has more power :D

The TTS is a firmer ride than the RS3 ... & what if jassy does not particularly need "sharper handling and agility" ... what if the more supple suspension set up on the RS3 suits better and stright line speed and engine / exhaust sound are features which appeal more.

Plus high Dealer contributions have the potential to bite you in the a$$ down the line, especially if you trade in early. As noted, S cars do not hold their value as good as RS models.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks...V8 :)

But...Its still a hairdressers car and has that "lady Like" image stigma attached to it. Even the German Bloke in the video says as much.

Don't get me wrong, I like the TT. Very much so in fact, but I don't like the TT anywhere near as much as my S3 or any other S3, Saloon or Sportback. Its unpractical, expensive for what it is and arguably has a marginally "slightly" better handling pedigree, Dashboard is a nice feature as are the seats but why pay £43K + on a car that is only slightly better than the current car Jass has.

If you want a good handling car that turns more heads, then a Cayman is surely the way to go. Roughly in the same price range too.

G

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Spaceman_RS3 and Snake Pliskin
Cayman, yes. Hands down the winner.

But I think Jassy is looking to exploit's his sons position in Audi Sales...... ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Sandra and DAYTONA 500
So what's the verdict then?

Buy the TTS if you don't need the space and are very impatient?
Buy the RS3 if you need the room and want a nice engine note?

I went out in the RS3 over the weekend and then an S3 saloon, both being driven quickly and for real world performance I honestly don't think there's much between them. I'm not knocking the RS3, but as someone mentioned earlier you can't really drive the cars like you're on a track. So if I were in your shoes, with money burning a hole, and no need for back seats, get the TTS. They're lovely cars, nice cabins, awesome dash display with decent discounts....IIRC £5k from Audi off the bat with no haggling.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
But mate...I have to say (flame coat on) the TTS is a hairdressers car and you don't sound like a hairdresser, I apologise to those with the TT, but I'm entitled to my opinion and freedom of speech, the last time I checked!
I got to disagree with you @Mr.G about the hairdressers comments TBH
But like you say, we are all entitled to our own opinion my friend
But I think Jassy is looking to exploit's his sons position in Audi Sales...... ;)
Me thinks this is the main reason our @jassyo06 is going for the car change

For me, I don't need the practicality that a saloon/hatchback/sportback offers as the wife has her own car which gets used for ferrying the Grandkids etc around & no I wouldn't pay £43k for a TTS either @Mr.G ;) :D
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/thinking-about-changing-to-a-tts-colour-thoughts.258577/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/tt-new-car-discounts.262622/

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

PS Just to clarify my position. I'm not in the market for a 8V RS3

Cayman, yes. Hands down the winner.

Damn right veeeight he's exploited me all his life lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Bristle Hound, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Thanks...V8 :)

But...Its still a hairdressers car and has that "lady Like" image stigma attached to it. Even the German Bloke in the video says as much.

G

Although Im talking regular TT, not so much the TTS, I have to totally agree.

Since buying my S3, Ive been a follower of Aberdeen Audis facebook page.

They do the handover photo thing and post the pics on the page. - mind you, sales must have slowed cause it doesnt happen anywhere near as often now!

Anyway, theyve probably posted 20 TT handover pics in the past year and I think every single one of them was a handover to a middle aged woman! Im not kidding, have a look for yourselves.....

That would put me off a TT full stop!

Reactions: hood
lets get this thread back on track....based on your comments @Kugaman1 me thinks @jassyo06 will be placing his order for the TTS as we read this and starting the Aberdeen TT Owners Club toot sweet! lol :racer:

Av had a rcz for 2 years 2011/2013 got all the hairdressers jokes constantly didn't bother me in the slightest,and God Damn wouldn't bother me if got the TTS lol
If l decided to have one that is?

There ain't many round my way, l have only saw 2 TTS red and sepang
Anyway am not going to be chasing after this deal,let them do it this time

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Bristle Hound
No pano roof option with TTS though :grinning:

Roll on the weekend and lets see how jassy feels after the test drive - hopefully you will know one way or the other mate.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Jassyo06
No pano roof option with TTS though :grinning:

Roll on the weekend and lets see how jassy feels after the test drive - hopefully you will know one way or the other mate.

Small kinda update,went on the Audi site, they will give me £26,200 for my car....my boy quoted me £24,800...*** wipe......just text him telling him so

and yeah the Pano roof mate...would be a big loss for me....but Matrix headlights and 20"s would kinda balance it up lol

Reactions: FBF01, Kugaman1, hood and 2 others
Small kinda update,went on the Audi site, they will give me £26,200 for my car....my boy quoted me £24,800...*** wipe......just text him telling him so

and yeah the Pano roof mate...would be a big loss for me....but Matrix headlights and 20"s would kinda balance it up lol

Every little helps sweeten a potential deal :)

Agreed matrix lights are cool ... but so are the standard TT LED lights.

20's look amazing ... But would not envy you cleaning that design of alloy lol.

Be great if you do gel with the TTS though as its a great car and the TT deals & contributions at the moment are nuts !

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
the next question is....can @jassyo06 be tempted away from lunartic.....?

2016-audi-tt-interior-3-1500x1000.jpg

2016-audi-tts-steering-wheel.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Simon L
So what's the verdict then?

Buy the TTS if you don't need the space and are very impatient?
Buy the RS3 if you need the room and want a nice engine note?

I went out in the RS3 over the weekend and then an S3 saloon, both being driven quickly and for real world performance I honestly don't think there's much between them. I'm not knocking the RS3, but as someone mentioned earlier you can't really drive the cars like you're on a track. So if I were in your shoes, with money burning a hole, and no need for back seats, get the TTS. They're lovely cars, nice cabins, awesome dash display with decent discounts....IIRC £5k from Audi off the bat with no haggling.
20% more horsepower = not much between them? I'm not knocking the S3 as the wife has one and it is brilliant, but to proclaim there's nowt in it is frankly ridiculous.

TX.

Reactions: Danner3342 and D19NL B
20% more horsepower = not much between them? I'm not knocking the S3 as the wife has one and it is brilliant, but to proclaim there's nowt in it is frankly ridiculous.

TX.

RS3 0-60 4.2 seconds
S3 0-60 4.7 seconds
Same top speed
As the S3 is lighter it works out at like 205bhp per ton, compared to the RS3s 240bhp per ton. So that's really 17% extra power, not even the 20% you stated.

I went out in both cars, in succession, 10-15minutes each, in the real world and not on a race track.

Based on all the above I would say that my statement isn't "frankly rediculous" it's a fair judgement.

Also if you can feel that extra 0.5 seconds to 60mph you better give Ferrari a call and tell them you have the most sensitive **** in the world.

Reactions: CraigI and PanamaS3
RS3 0-60 4.2 seconds
S3 0-60 4.7 seconds
Same top speed
As the S3 is lighter it works out at like 205bhp per ton, compared to the RS3s 240bhp per ton. So that's really 17% extra power, not even the 20% you stated.

I went out in both cars, in succession, 10-15minutes each, in the real world and not on a race track.

Based on all the above I would say that my statement isn't "frankly rediculous" it's a fair judgement.

Also if you can feel that extra 0.5 seconds to 60mph you better give Ferrari a call and tell them you have the most sensitive **** in the world.

Guys I was an 8v S3 owner and thought it was a brilliant car(best all rounder I've had,and I've had plenty).I think theres not much out there quicker in the real world than the S3.For me I just didn't have enough wow factor.A bit too understated for me.The RS3 just looks that bit meaner and has its growl. Thats enough for me to want it. Im a simpleton I know:footy:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Kugaman1, DangerS3 and 1 other person
RS3 0-60 4.2 seconds
S3 0-60 4.7 seconds
Same top speed

Eh?! I said 20% more power not hp/tonne so yes that's roughly correct (in actual fact it is more as it's 367ps vs 300ps). Top speed is only the same as both are restricted to 155! Left to run out which one would actually have a faster top speed do you think? Even if those quoted times are correct 0-60mph tells us nothing. 0-100mph is a better indicator and afaik the RS3 gets there in 9.1s whilst the S3 takes 12.2s. I also own a RS3 and the wife owns a S3; I go out in the RS3 daily and the S3 weekly so perhaps I'm the model answer as far as which is faster ...

Like I said the S3 is great but if you really think there is "not much between them" then you've got a screw loose.

As far as is the RS3 worth it then only you know that. For me it was.

TX.

Reactions: D19NL B, Kugaman1, 5pot and 2 others
Eh?! I said 20% more power not hp/tonne so yes that's roughly correct (in actual fact it is more as it's 367ps vs 300ps). Top speed is only the same as both are restricted to 155! Left to run out which one would actually have a faster top speed do you think? Even if those quoted times are correct 0-60mph tells us nothing. 0-100mph is a better indicator and afaik the RS3 gets there in 9.1s whilst the S3 takes 12.2s. I also own a RS3 and the wife owns a S3; I go out in the RS3 daily and the S3 weekly so perhaps I'm the model answer as far as which is faster ...

Like I said the S3 is great but if you really think there is "not much between them" then you've got a screw loose.

TX.

I just wrote a long paragraph and decided to delete it. You're one of the RS3 owners who doesn't like anything remotely negative being said about the car.
I'm not going to waste any more time trying to justify something that is quite clearly evident.

Reactions: CraigI, veeeight and Jassyo06
Guys I was an 8v S3 owner and thought it was a brilliant car(best all rounder I've had,and I've had plenty).I think theres not much out there quicker in the real world than the S3.For me I just didn't have enough wow factor.A bit too understated for me.The RS3 just looks that bit meaner and has its growl. Thats enough for me to want it. Im a simpleton I know:footy:

Oh for sure, I even wrote in my little review that I think the RS3 is the best all rounder. And given the choice between the two, I'd have the RS3 all day long.
I was just saying that if you're purely judging it on the performance side of things, from the route we took and the speeds/acceleration we done I didn't feel that the RS3 was loads quicker. A couple other people I spoke to on the day actually said the same thing too.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Jassyo06
the next question is....can @jassyo06 be tempted away from lunartic.....?

2016-audi-tt-interior-3-1500x1000.jpg

2016-audi-tts-steering-wheel.jpg
Think the brown leather is known as Merilo leather £1800 bangers mate,think it would be this colour sure fire sign of hairdressers car lol

Reactions: Spin140, Mr.G, PanamaS3 and 1 other person

TX.

I agree with you but you forgot to mention the noise which adds to the whole experience.

Reactions: Ozmosis, Jassyo06, T-800 and 1 other person
Not going to lie, I actually think that brown leather looks really smart. But £1800 is crazy lol.

Reactions: Spin140, Jassyo06 and PanamaS3
Sorry that red leather is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too bright for me lol :)

It's never an £1,800 option is it ? ... is leather not standard on the TTS ?

Brown, black or grey for me ... sorry :friends:

Reactions: Mr.G, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I think the TTS is gonna win this battle. It's a big enough change to warrant chopping in the S3, sports the latest kit and by all accounts may well be the more exciting drive.......................if only it had the RS3 exhaust note though!!

Don't worry about the pan-roof J, at least yer hair-do will stay looking sharp!! lol

(Lose the red leather though mate, wayyyyyy too pimpy)

.........and Snake's right, those alloys do look a bit of a bitch to clean ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, PanamaS3 and Snake Pliskin
Had Madam whiplash Red seats in Phantom Black 08 TT .. They looked superb.. in fact about the best bit of the car. Cramped, no Pan roof ... RS3 over TTS for me..

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

If I were ordering a TTS, this is the look I would opt for and other main highlights ....

Sepang paint / 19" alloys (nice design & easy cleaning access & less firm ride than 20's) / matrix lights / manual gearbox :) / black or grey leather / B&O.

As Simon says, the TTS is a justifiable change to the S3 .... but don't be running moaning when I tell you how good the RS3 is when I get mine :whistle2::yes::sunglasses::tonguewink:

Reactions: Terminator x, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 3 others
TTS gets my vote.
One is stylish and bang up to date (get 20s), the other is a middle aged auto estate (ish)

I will get my coat ;)

Reactions: CraigI, Jassyo06 and PanamaS3
that doesn't look cheap either mate! :friends:
No cost option mate on a TTS
Where the TTS hurts....is. Getting the Technology Package and comfort and sound package and matrix headlights £4k just like that lol

Reactions: PanamaS3
No cost option mate on a TTS
Where the TTS hurts....is. Getting the Technology Package and comfort and sound package and matrix headlights £4k just like that lol

Small change to a man of your financial acumen...........:whistle2:.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Jassyo06
Got a letter from audi today with my finance settlement figure £28,000,Audi valued my car £26,200 so only roughly £1800 to be in the black,my son really, it seems can't be bothered so **** um.....
I hear all you RS boys and to be RS boys but Audi ain't frickin making them at the moment, must be tooling up for the facelift or something lol

Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin, PanamaS3 and 1 other person
mate....inject some fun back into your life....stop cleaning the wheel nuts and get yourself Stage 1, intake and full turbo back exhaust...then go get your hair done and forget we ever had this conversation lol :friends:

Reactions: FBF01, Mr.G, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Small change to a man of your financial acumen...........:whistle2:.
Aye right what l don't like about the TTS is the satin chrome finish on the grill or the alloy wheel options l saw a RS6 with the same style of the cheaper optional 19"s alloys but the RS6 have a matt grey finish with a diamond cut finish on the outer rims/facets, on the TTS they are silver
These are the one's l like but are only available in the German/European market
Images

Attachments

• 2015-audi-tt-and-tts-roadster-revealed-convertible-in-10-seconds-photo-gallery_11.jpg
    2015-audi-tt-and-tts-roadster-revealed-convertible-in-10-seconds-photo-gallery_11.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: PanamaS3 and Simon L
Aye right what l don't like about the TTS is the satin chrome finish on the grill or the alloy wheel options l saw a RS6 with the same style of the cheaper optional 19"s alloys but the RS6 have a matt grey finish with a diamond cut finish on the outer rims/facets, on the TTS they are silver
These are the one's l like but are only available in the German/European market View attachment 81698

Yer definitely gettin down to the nitty gritty now mate...........that trigger finger is primed!! Yeah the RS6 rims are sweet.
Assume that's Vegas yellow, looks great on the TTS and hey, what about a cab mate, that'll make up for the pan roof!!!
You could give it some full on miami vice hairdresser action ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DAYTONA 500