TT new car discounts

DangerS3

Reaction score
Hi all

I know Audi are offering a £5k contribution to a new TT if you take their finance, but I wondered what discounts people were able to haggle on top of this?

I've had a look at Orange Wheels and I've managed to get prices for TT Sport £5k cheaper than Audi (OW say £2.5k discount from Audi so I've doubled this) and an S Line £4k cheaper. Would a dealership match this and more of just literally beat the price?

OW will include the whole of the Audi contribution. No need to double anything.

Anything above £5k will be the additional discount you can get.

Only thing you would have to change is taking off £2.5k from the discount if your not getting it on finance.

Their site states
Our Discount Price includes the £2,500 Finance Deposit Contribution from AUDI UK when taking AUDI finance.
If buying cash please add £2,500 back onto the Discount Price above.

But yeah I wondered if people managed to haggle more off of this price or whether the dealer maybe added some options for nothing.

Tbh I should've just asked it in a generic section rather than just the TT one lol.

Also you're coming in handy, I should have you on speed dial haha.

Haha...only because I happened to spend months researching this before buying my car.... :p Ask anything else and I'll be clueless!

Always worth asking mate. When my dealer agreed to match the discount from CarWow i got the whole "no way I can do a better deal, we're losing money on this now!" spiel. No idea if thats true but I could hazard a guess.... In any case, I think these sites provide you the best case scenario. Might get lucky and find a dealer that is desperate for a sale though!

IMO the best negotiating tool you have is walking away...amazing what things can start happening when you do that!

Problem I had when looking at the TT was the number of options I would need to add to get it to a spec I like...quickly rose the price back up another £5k :(

lol I'll keep my questions to you car related only then.
Oh yeah I'll put it to them, like you said, walking away from a deal will usually spark a reaction. I mean, I don't need to buy a new car so yeah if they don't want to fight for my business then their loss lol.
And tbh Audi is contributing towards the car, the dealership isnt. So really they are losing anything, so surely they should add something to sweeten the deal?
Well my S Line spec comes out at £38k: arm rest, heated seats, folding mirrors, Audi sound system, cruise control and the parking system lol. I thought the Sport would be enough, but the S Line has nicer bodykit, better seats and better lights as standard.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Oh yeah I'll put it to them, like you said, walking away from a deal will usually spark a reaction. I mean, I don't need to buy a new car so yeah if they don't want to fight for my business then their loss lol.
And tbh Audi is contributing towards the car, the dealership isnt. So really they are losing anything, so surely they should add something to sweeten the deal?
Well my S Line spec comes out at £38k: arm rest, heated seats, folding mirrors, Audi sound system, cruise control and the parking system lol. I thought the Sport would be enough, but the S Line has nicer bodykit, better seats and better lights as standard.
Just looking at the deals on their site now, did you notice on a PCP the s-tronic version is cheaper per month! What's the difference in the seats sport-s-line? I was going to opt for the supper sports seats.

Well I am doing a PhD in Medical Statistics, but unless you're suffering from insomnia I wouldn't ask to hear anything about that....!

Specced up a TTS to have the same level of stuff in my current S5 and it came to the same price, around £47k....! With only around £5k discount as apposed to £8k I think I would struggle to justify that...! Options come in at over £6k above base, whereas my S5 was £1.5k above base....bit stingy really...

GFV is a few grand less after 24months as well, so finance would be considerably more....

Just looking at the deals on their site now, did you notice on a PCP the s-tronic version is cheaper per month! What's the difference in the seats sport-s-line? I was going to opt for the supper sports seats.

Standard seats in the S Line have electric lumbar support, whereas in the Sport you have to pay extra for it. SSS are £450 extra, granted it's not much in the scheme of things but after being pretty happy with the standard offerings I don't think I'd miss not having them.

Well I am doing a PhD in Medical Statistics, but unless you're suffering from insomnia I wouldn't ask to hear anything about that....!

Specced up a TTS to have the same level of stuff in my current S5 and it came to the same price, around £47k....! With only around £5k discount as apposed to £8k I think I would struggle to justify that...! Options come in at over £6k above base, whereas my S5 was £1.5k above base....bit stingy really...

GFV is a few grand less after 24months as well, so finance would be considerably more....

Fortunately I sleep pretty well so you wont be getting any PMs from me at 3am asking what the best type of night nurse is.

My TTS spec came out at £43.7k but yeah their options are all over the place. Very few options, in my opinion, have much if any impact on GFV I've noticed.

The TTS is a nice car but I don't think I could compare it with an S5. There's an A5 at my work and it's a beast, I didn't realise how big they are lol. But yeah that is stingy.

Standard seats in the S Line have electric lumbar support, whereas in the Sport you have to pay extra for it. SSS are £450 extra, granted it's not much in the scheme of things but after being pretty happy with the standard offerings I don't think I'd miss not having them.

Fortunately I sleep pretty well so you wont be getting any PMs from me at 3am asking what the best type of night nurse is.

My TTS spec came out at £43.7k but yeah their options are all over the place. Very few options, in my opinion, have much if any impact on GFV I've noticed.

The TTS is a nice car but I don't think I could compare it with an S5. There's an A5 at my work and it's a beast, I didn't realise how big they are lol. But yeah that is stingy.
OK cheers for that, I took a s-line out today for a couple of hours. I like the exterior looks and sound, but the interior isn't as nice as my S3! I've now arranged a sit down to get some figures on a white S3 saloon next Friday :) Hopefully he will do a good deal, as I recently sent someone in who bought a £40k car off them :)

OK cheers for that, I took a s-line out today for a couple of hours. I like the exterior looks and sound, but the interior isn't as nice as my S3! I've now arranged a sit down to get some figures on a white S3 saloon next Friday :) Hopefully he will do a good deal, as I recently sent someone in who bought a £40k car off them :)

I can live with the interior tbh, I think it's a bit marmite as it's totally driver focused with nothing for the passenger. How did you find the driving experience? Was it crashy like some people are saying, also was it S-Tronic or manual? Actually was it quattro too? lol

Fingers crossed for you, shame the deals for the saloon aren't as good as the TT. I tried to sway Mrs Danger but she's hell bent on the TT as it's a sports car.

@DangerS3 @S32B - Discount wise. When I was looking at new TTS' in December last year, Drive The Deal were cheaper than all the other recognised brokers
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...to-a-tts-colour-thoughts.258577/#post-2626564
Was getting just over a 16% discount on a new TTS

Really, ****** hell that's good. I'll check your link out in a second. But 16% with £5k from Audi would do ****** nicely :)

On a TT S Line drive the deal is about £500 cheaper than Orange Wheels, although there's £80 less somewhere and I can't find what I've missed on the options lol

On Drive The Deal:
TT S-Line came out at £32k
TTS came out at £36.5k
Both sites says Audi contributes £2.5k when it's actually £5k so really TT S-Line is £29.5k and TTS is £34k.

Those are rediculous prices, and I'm slightly excited lol. If I was to put down a 5% deposit would it be on the OTR value of the car or the discounted price (before Audi's contribution)?

EDIT: TTS would cost £450 odd a month compared to the TT S Line at £340 odd a month.

Last edited: