What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Good job Alex, I didn't need any coding when I added the CD changer so you might save yourself some time there.

Only thing I've done since I got home from work on Thursday is fit a new battery.

Turns out the old one that has been in there was not the correct size anyway, was only 70Ah compared to the 85Ah it should be.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Finally finished my glovebox hybrid project this morning. The new glovebox i bought of ebay had the oem cd changer slot and a coolbox but was in poor condition with broken hinges, a scratched door and cool box lid so a had a go at restoring it all.

I only really needed the inner framework so carefully stripped both down by removing the plastic welds that hold the inner framework to the door.

Swapped the new inner into my original mint glovebox and re secured it all with 2k bonding. Also popped in the new cd changer from ebay and fixed the ducting into the cooler.

I also repainted the cooler door by removing the old rubber, plasti dip stuff and apply a few coats of grey/black paint to finish off.

Just need to get the wiring loom for the cd changer and code it in but other than that a job well done.
View attachment 177846
View attachment 177847

Alex

Great job! I always think it's more satisfying to 'retask, adapt, improvise & overcome' when making/fitting bits to your car. :icon thumright:

Didn't do anything to my motah this weekend - BUT went to Glasgow with my brother & looked at a few A1s. Came home with a nice 11 plate car, 1.4 TDFSI Sport with a few good extras on it. So, now me bruvs an Audi man too!

Just collected the new 19" alloys, look rather nice off the car so far.

ET45 still wont clear my calipers , not really surprised as et45 never has..lol, not a problem as I have a plan "b":thumbs up::yahoo:.

Finally got the wheels refurb in BMW individual stratus grey metallic and a new set of Michelin ps4 tyres... first pics are before the car was cleaned soz but then afters :D
Upload 2019 3 17 16 7 47

Upload 2019 3 17 16 8 11

Reactions: martin1984
Centre caps have been done the same colour and have the audi rings made into gel in audi sepang blue

You should now better where's the pics

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just washed the old bus and then it hammerer down hale, snow , rain etc so waiting for it to Passover then doing a rim fit test.

Reactions: Andy b7 and martin1984
Good job Alex, I didn't need any coding when I added the CD changer so you might save yourself some time there.

Only thing I've done since I got home from work on Thursday is fit a new battery.

Turns out the old one that has been in there was not the correct size anyway, was only 70Ah compared to the 85Ah it should be.

Did you just buy the genuine harness for the cd changer?

The use of harsh language can help to get the job done right enough. Or at least make it seem so......... :smile:

Went for a drive and the A4 has started surging when cold. Hopefully it's an air leak or something simple. Though being a VAG, it's most likely something eye wateringly expensive with Bosch written on it, that takes 6 hours to change.

Managed to get one loose fitted between downpours, not sure at this moment, its that dark rims against black paint work dilemma again, also with no tyre and such a big wheel arch showing that kinda throws it out of perspective a bit.
On the plus side loads of space to clear 8 pot calipers with them , I'll have to see what one looks like fitted with a tyre and sitting on terra firmer.
Maybe i'm just used to silver based rims, a change is allways good though and I expect they will be fine, I best keep the other ones just in case.

Maybe more reason to go yellow calipers now aswell:whistle2:

IMG 1763

Reactions: Rob Avant and martin1984
Just noticed that these are not the ones I was expecting to get, color is not the same nor is the centre hub section.
the ones I received have a raised hub centre whereas the ones I wanted and expected to get do not.
Also spoke shape is different .
I will need to look into this further now.
you can see clearly they are different.

$_86.JPG

You may have ended up with replicas although it’s possible that they may have changed designs slightly from year to year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure , but what I was sold is not what I wanted, yes they are nice but not the same rim.
I need to have a think...
maybe its a colour variation in daylight etc, got me stumped at this moment.

done some photo shop edits and the colours maybe the same depending on how the guy took the pics, but the rim design is different.

IMG 1762 2

They are definitely different rims, they look good. But I know it's hard to accept that someone has pulled the wool.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yep, its not that I don't like them , they are just not what I was buying and that really grates on me now:gun2:

Nice job Alex, the finish on the cool box door looks good, I have one factory fitted in my car.

Nice job Alex, the finish on the cool box door looks good, I have one factory fitted in my car.

Cheers, i wasn't sure weather to go with plasti dip for the rubbery oem finish. I went for matt black in the end and it looked pants, so its actually finished in black primer, which matches pretty well and being out of sight in a "low traffic area" all should be tip top.

Were did you buy it from ? or any other that are recomended .

Got it shipped from the US mate. Cost an absolute fortune. Worked out about £350 once you add the import duty but it’s a Great bit if kit. Have full confidence I can slide over any speed bump now and not loose my sump

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Maybe worth getting some fabricated for B7 owners, cant be that difficult for a sheet metal worker and a lower cost option than importing one.
just a thought.

Reactions: Sidrick
Yeah the steel ones are readily available on eBay. But the Thor one is aluminium. Around 7mm thick so strong but very light.

It’s an easy piece to manufacture but you need an original to copy if you were going to. Also good as it fixed directly to the subframe with nutsets not to the flexible pieces of metal that the plastic ones do. Means you can use it as a jacking point.

any pics of it fitted Nathan, piccy's are good with this sort of thing.:thumbs up:

Today has been a rubbish day frankly, but the old bus has been running very well of late but was still short of a few bits and bobs.
After last nights lucky find with the proper alloys ( not those other ones that are going back rapidly) , managed to secure a nice condition FBSW for the old girl too.
So that's the recaro's to fit next week, the replacement alloys next week and FBSW this weekend.
I think i'm making progress now.

off for a cool drink now.

rob