What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

decided it's time to try some new alloys , my current 19" rims are very nice but look a bit bulky now so going with something a bit more slimmer in style, also need to find some decent rubber at sensible prices.

had me starter motor rebuilt as that decided to fail erly on wednesday morning. and a new switch unit as arived. and i know know what the spare blue plug was for.

Attachments

• Picture 2873.jpg
    Picture 2873.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 2874.jpg
    Picture 2874.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 151
Sorry for late reply yes I’m driving it with the delete kit. I got used to the eml on!

Does it make a difference ? I’ve got one ready to go on but thought I needed it mapped out as I presumed it may go into limp mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got myself 3-spoke steering wheel a while back but only today I got it redone in new leather. Looks very good - me happy
DSC 0559
DSC 0560

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: neil ratcliffe and martin1984
Nice whrer did it for you and can you choose the colour of stitching at all

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Got it redone in Riga, Latvia - the guy did offer different stitching, but I wanted it to be just like this, I think that red stitching for my stock 3.0 TDi in dolphin grey color would look somewhat misplaced

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: martin1984
postman delivered 1st part of my new Plan "B" pcv delete project , just need to organise all the rest now.

IMG 0735

Updated interior lights in 5 mins last night.... bit blue light for my liking but i will hopefully grow to like the difference. Still to so tailgate light and glovebox. But hey ho.

8641182F 5588 47E7 8962 C479A12A2A59
E2AF7C11 A6D1 4FFF 99A9 BF8C505211CA
E3227485 D7C4 4707 9771 EE0820D41B95

Reactions: Rob Avant, DieselJake and martin1984
Picture 2876
Picture 2878
Picture 2875
fitted the recon starter, and changed the usles
Picture 2877
things that audi use to fix the underbely tray and fronf splash sheilds

Attachments

• Picture 2880.jpg
    Picture 2880.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 2879.jpg
    Picture 2879.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 137
spent a few hours in the garage doing a downgrade, only temporary though, all the pcv delete kit is off and oem back on .
AEM airfilter off, heatsheild off and oem airbox setup back on with my original K&N flat panel and 034 intake , I have another solution to it all in progress.
I now have a heap of kit on my workshop floor that will not be going back on....
Del76
IMG 0757

fitted the glove box cooler gave it a good clean before fitting, and the new switch pack.

Attachments

• Picture 2882.jpg
    Picture 2882.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 2886.jpg
    Picture 2886.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 2888.jpg
    Picture 2888.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 2883.jpg
    Picture 2883.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 126
Few little jobs done today, Rob geko arrived, not too keen on smell but sure it will soon wear off though, LED interior bulbs fitted, Cigarette lighter dummy plug and made some metal look Knobs for my concert 2

IMG 5912
Fullsizeoutput 1097
Fullsizeoutput 1098
Fullsizeoutput 109a
Fullsizeoutput 109e
Fullsizeoutput 109d

Reactions: martin1984
Made a start to my reconfig PCV delete and catch tank setup, new tank with dual input ports and more options for fitting etc, so one tank for both functions now.
fitting it in conjunction with the R-tech PCV delete kit, a way to go before it all fiited in properly though.

IMG 0755
IMG 0767
IMG 0735

Reactions: Dan_Avant and neil ratcliffe
Bumper off again! retro bi xenon fitted with black out, h1 6000k hid,s only problem forgot to connect the fogs doh!!
5F0597F0 95CE 4954 BE28 3F4DDB6C1482

0FB2A793 12B8 4492 9FE4 E8E423AFC9C8

0A888890 3E5A 4D13 ABE9 955E49FFE5B6

66E58E90 7518 439C 844A EA2847A64BC7

Reactions: Dan_Avant, neil ratcliffe and Charlie Farley
Cheers, do they fit well? any rubbing? i have some in my eBay watch list in same spec
Yep no problems with rubbing wouldn’t put any thing wider on fit is just right imo

No bad for a saloon chap......better if it was an avant though..but then i'm biased ..lol
very nice indeed chap.
I don’t have a dog or a pair of wellies rob so I don’t need an estate lol

Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7 and DieselJake
fair enough....and it's not an estate , it's an avant..lol

Reactions: noelpen
Bought myself a new turbo :rockwoot:

http://0afa09.7.ekm.shop/bbt-k430-177-p.asp

Obviously the TFSI version, not the 1.8T, but the spec is the same. Lead time is 6-8 weeks. I'm working away quite a bit over the next few months but hoping to have all performance parts fitted and be on my way to R-tech for mapping by end of May/early June. Wont be able to get close to the 400hp mark as I haven't got forged internals yet. Although I have the BUL engine and have heard whispers that these have better internals but I'm not sure?

your wallet must be deeper than mine now.....lol , looks like great kit, you're certainly in a quest for max power then.

My pockets are officially empty now mate. Apart from the 30p I have left in savings ha ha.

I am looking for high bhp and torque. Wanted a car that’s easily tunable but still has enough space for kids, buggy, dog, wellies etc. Didn’t want a Subaru and my last car, BMW 530 TDI estate just wasn’t fast enough. I’ve owned 2 Audi’s in the past and really enjoyed them and once I drove the A4 Avant I knew it was a good choice.

I am indeed Quattro Dani. You know of any problems?

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
you'll need to sort out a decent clutch then chap , good enough to handle the almost double output , but, also still driveable if its you daily bus etc.
there are a few clutch upgrades around but not all are user friendly for normal driving .

I’ve already got a south bend stage 3 daily clutch and flywheel kit which can handle more power than I will ever put through it. I only use the car on weekends. In my work van the rest of the time!

That’s my next upgrade, in dire need of a new clutch. Getting quite a lot of slip in the higher rev range and when backing up the drive. I won’t hijack the thread, will be asking everyone’s advice once I have the funds in place.

Spent all day installing the " Just Rob full pcv delete rev 1B " .
All went pretty well , a few minor glitch's to deal with during the fitting , getting the PCV feed off the engine is a real pain in the posterior..lol.
So fitted an R-tech full delete plate , Mishimoto 3 way catch tank and some decent 19mm and 25mm hoses with braided sleeving .
had to fabricate a custom bend section to facilitate clearing the air filter intake tube , but sorted it out works fine, I can retain my oem air box now with K&N panel filter and the 034 silicone intake pipe, and have just one catch tank .
I'm going to do a project write up on my full pcv delete upgrade as there are a few bits that I haven't mentioned thus far which make my install a bit bepoke.
Also why you need to do the full delete, what are the options etc to get the best overall results in your B7 tfsi.
anyway a few overview pics of the competed install, and a pile of nasty pcv hardware that's is heading for the bin.
And the amount of crud in the engine feed PCV pipe was mental, after struggling with it for a while ,then finally getting it off the engine the tube was almost 1/4 blocked with carbon and general crud, things can only be a massive improvement now.

IMG 0806
IMG 0809
IMG 0810
IMG 0811
IMG 0805

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_Avant and GDCAUDIA4B7
ordered a K03/04 turbo blanket, i'll report back later in the week on how well it works at reducing the warm air on the offside half of the engine bay.
s-l1600.png

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
Looks very good mate. Very impressed with how that's turned out. Hopefully it'l keep the intake system as clean as it should be

You'll need to rethink Rtech then Dan.

They can't map proper Quattro like the a4. Only haldex based units.

Like the look of the new PCV delete set up Rob. Looking forward to reading the write up. Interested to see how the turbo blanket works out as I've got one as well. Not putting it on until the new turbo is fitted though.

Dani - Any suggestions for a good mapper?

yep, looks nice....it is amazing how much difference a small piece of mesh infill makes...

Reactions: Nathan Russell