What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

and don't forget to avoid any speed bumps now, does double up as a good snow plough in the winter..lol

and don't forget to avoid any speed bumps now, does double up as a good snow plough in the winter..lol

I had a Leon Cupra R years ago, the first day I got it I got stuck in a multi story car park. Scraaaaape....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted front coils. Ended up going for ap after previously using them on my old astra gsi.

Yet to test drive them. Do look good tho comes in a tasty looking box also

IMG 1861
IMG 1860

Reactions: Jasesapphy and carlcall
Spare wheel officially sacked!!!!!
443b9a9fe41dcf7594848873a83a60ec.jpg

Reactions: Jasesapphy
looks like you boot is now off limits to any sort of filling .......are you not going to give them some protection ..

Nothing to the Avant for a few days now apart from the gearbox oil last weekend and I can say it was worth it, even though the oil that came out of it was spotless. Gears are so smooth now!

Not on the car but I will have to stop buying things....first off was a new 4K Tv as a n upgrade to my old Panasonic TX-P50vT50B namely a TX-58DX802B, I did want the 902B but couldn't find any at a good discount like the 802B was at. I've told myself I WILL NOT buy a new AV Amp as I can work around it for now.

And finally some new live rock for my marine fish tank....taken me two days so far to strip the old tank down and give it a good clean. My fishes feel cramped at the moment in a smaller tank. I would get a picture but they seem to be a little upset with me for taking them out of the big tank.

Nah, if I can keep them wheels sweet, subs should be a breeze!!?!

like wise carl, not much to report on the old bus front , had to put a pair of new tyres on the fronts but that's about it this week.
Spent a few hours in the back woods clearing some debris with the tractor , all going well until the backhoe sprung a leak .....boom ram blew a hole in the feedpipe......ruddy hydraulic fluid all over the place.....looks like i'll be rebuilding that ram next week ....oh the joys of tractor ownership.

Reactions: Jasesapphy and carlcall
To be fair, looks fairly naff in the pic, there 10,s
Looks sweet in the real.
Where is David Bailey these days??

like wise carl, not much to report on the old bus front , had to put a pair of new tyres on the fronts but that's about it this week.
Spent a few hours in the back woods clearing some debris with the tractor , all going well until the backhoe sprung a leak .....boom ram blew a hole in the feedpipe......ruddy hydraulic fluid all over the place.....looks like i'll be rebuilding that ram next week ....oh the joys of tractor ownership.

getting the boom up without hyd pressure was a challenge..lol...
Vvr

Reactions: carlcall
there was a lot of lets just say " naughty words " be shouted at it, used my other tractor with its winch to raise it in the end along with releasing the pressure from the couplings.....it's all in a day though..lol

Today, I sheared the bolt in my front wheel bearing housing....the one that goes through the top control arm joints. Then, I put my tools away and had a little cry haha. Now, my car is on an axle stand on the drive feeling sorry for itself. Oh the joys of motoring??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamiewatkins2004
Oh, and I changed the V70 central heater flap motor too. That went well, didn't break anything.

well that's a bonus then, something had to go to plan.

After that I turned some socks pink and burnt some sausages....I dare'nt go for a pi55 now, just in case??

time to sit down and chillout then I think, you'll probably need a cool long drink aswell to get the best effect.

Reactions: J0N and Jasesapphy
Nothing to the Avant for a few days now apart from the gearbox oil last weekend and I can say it was worth it, even though the oil that came out of it was spotless. Gears are so smooth now!

Not on the car but I will have to stop buying things....first off was a new 4K Tv as a n upgrade to my old Panasonic TX-P50vT50B namely a TX-58DX802B, I did want the 902B but couldn't find any at a good discount like the 802B was at. I've told myself I WILL NOT buy a new AV Amp as I can work around it for now.

And finally some new live rock for my marine fish tank....taken me two days so far to strip the old tank down and give it a good clean. My fishes feel cramped at the moment in a smaller tank. I would get a picture but they seem to be a little upset with me for taking them out of the big tank.

Which oil did you use ? And how much does it cost ?

3 jobs done today

Took front wheels off to sort out brake pad sensors, fitted 2 x Porsche sensors mated to B7 plugs

2nd job, repainted wheel but covers

3rd job was to taje door card apart and fit remote close
Purchased last year but was a nightmare
Today I soldered it in and reprogrammed the module

Result is below, remote hood down

Reactions: mr.raw, James.c, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
Swapped the power flex black arb bushes for oem rs4 ones the fit like they should had my mates b8 round front Spring snapped so I'm be doing that this week
9559fcf29d68ba9bef85f9cc9f5fc1fc.jpg

47f99236fec5cf103b2cd1670e6c8f6c.jpg

8aebe5b1cb6a342fb7fe6093cf3aad45.jpg

It's a nice car and the cr170 engines sound like there pretty good but other than the led lights I think the b7 looks better in the avant and I don't like what all cars not only Audi are doing with the interiors there's far to many shapes and angles flying about I love the b7 interior

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Swapped the power flex black arb bushes for oem rs4 ones the fit like they should had my mates b8 round front Spring snapped so I'm be doing that this week

It's a nice car and the cr170 engines sound like there pretty good but other than the led lights I think the b7 looks better in the avant and I don't like what all cars not only Audi are doing with the interiors there's far to many shapes and angles flying about I love the b7 interior

What year b8 is that? See aidi havnt cured the rusty wings issue

Today was day 2 of lowering on Eibach Sportlines and what an absolutely hateful 2 days it's been. I should point out that I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade, I've been stripping things down for 27 years and I'm not without the correct tools but every, single aspect of this job was difficult. My back is aching, my knees are killing and my will to live will only be restored with Stella Artois. Ended up having to take the near side wheel bearing housing off to thrash out the pinch bolt and a pair of control arms (that haven't been sliced in half with an angle grinder) cost me an extra £75. Still, the job is complete and I'm happy with the result. Also, the annoying rattle that was 'coming from my luggage cover' turned out to be a broken rear spring so hurrah for me.

Lastly, to the bloke in the Autodoc YouTube tutorial video with your smug 'watch me completely change a front coil spring in under 20 mins' face and your mocking 'look at all my bolts coming out easily' posture.....I'm going to find you.....and I'm going to kill you.

339c038edd5ffa617b9c41b0d472981b.jpg

4d50ef7babfbe32a6d05f164921d93ec.jpg

88ef6d38348e90bd573a22eb27d44c7a.jpg

5d79323647512a96a6587118a3834c31.jpg

e05182446d5fea2307e6933a108d93b7.jpg

4739fdfe3bf44815514339acc992a766.jpg

Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7, Dani_B19, Baka and 2 others
07b5a6b736936f1238b9a441f755de95.jpg

Took the car to Cornwall and now it's covered in mud!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: James.c
What year b8 is that? See aidi havnt cured the rusty wings issue

08 mate there terrible there's a little soil pit near the brake pipes which is rusty as hell too! Both wings are shot looks worse because it's white

Today was day 2 of lowering on Eibach Sportlines and what an absolutely hateful 2 days it's been. I should point out that I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade, I've been stripping things down for 27 years and I'm not without the correct tools but every, single aspect of this job was difficult. My back is aching, my knees are killing and my will to live will only be restored with Stella Artois. Ended up having to take the near side wheel bearing housing off to thrash out the pinch bolt and a pair of control arms (that haven't been sliced in half with an angle grinder) cost me an extra £75. Still, the job is complete and I'm happy with the result. Also, the annoying rattle that was 'coming from my luggage cover' turned out to be a broken rear spring so hurrah for me.

Lastly, to the bloke in the Autodoc YouTube tutorial video with your smug 'watch me completely change a front coil spring in under 20 mins' face and your mocking 'look at all my bolts coming out easily' posture.....I'm going to find you.....and I'm going to kill you.

After almost every job I do on cars I say to myself I hate cars why do I bother il pay someone else next time....but I seem to forget ten minutes later haha! Iv got b5 perches to fit was going to do a full link kit change but I might stay clear of those top two arms!

Reactions: J0N

Totally agree james, way too many angles and odd shapes going on with new audi and others to be honest, in fact several brands now look to be using the same style front ends.
that's why I have not traded in my trusty B7 avant for a newer model, for me its just spot on , when I come to trade it in , it will be for another B7....

Reactions: James.c

Good job matey
Is it on standard shocks?
Do the springs make the ride better or are they just do lowering ?

Reactions: J0N and Alpinachris
Kerbed both nearside wheels,the first time I have done this in years!!!**

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Good job matey
Is it on standard shocks?
Do the springs make the ride better or are they just do lowering ?

Standard S Line shocks. The ride feels ever so slightly stiffer but obviously they're new and I had a broken spring on the near side rear. I'm really happy with them.

Reactions: Jack Kelly, James.c, J0N and 4 others