What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Give it a clean while I was at it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_173108.jpg
    IMG_20200316_173108.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20200316_173040.jpg
    IMG_20200316_173040.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Sidrick
Yeah was relived when it came oout like that. After reading some of the horror stories.

The top is thicker than it looks, I drilled a hole through my previous one just to see how thick the top is , and it was more than I was expecting to be honest.

Got exhaust sorted at the weekend, new centre section with original back boxes plus new tips.

2020 03 14  191310

Reactions: TOM.S, Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
Well today I made another whopper of a mistake, I turned down a very good offer for the old bus.
Maybe I just love my old bus too much , so its here to stay i'm afraid, long live the old bus:yahoo::yes:

Reactions: boffin486, Bobbytea, i3oricua and 1 other person
So... I've been a little busy (and be kind - this is my first attempt at DIY parts)... I have had an ACTUAL german ask me where he can buy one on facebook :D
As a bit of a tribute - it's Phantom Black on my Eissilber Avant

Attachments

• SLine Diffuser.jpg
    SLine Diffuser.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: jarnold231, Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
So... I've been a little busy (and be kind - this is my first attempt at DIY parts)... I have had an ACTUAL german ask me where he can buy one on facebook :D
Looks great Mike, the fins look really sharp dont run over any animals there come out the back like mince meat.

Reactions: AvantMike
Looks great Mike, the fins look really sharp dont run over any animals there come out the back like mince meat.
How do you think I'm intending to feed my family when the supermarkets run out of food... :D

And thanks mate - i'm chuffed with it.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows

Hi were did you buy this, and how was the fit been tying to find a good one.

It looks brilliant Mike, you should move into the modding business.:icon thumright:

I would be I interested please.
Ok Norad - what sort of rear diffuser have you got? the spare one I have is an S Line twin exhaust for PD170/BRD 2.0TDi. If you've got the same on yours then I can make you one out of the bit I've got. If not, then we'll have to work something else out.

Ok Norad - what sort of rear diffuser have you got? the spare one I have is an S Line twin exhaust for PD170/BRD 2.0TDi. If you've got the same on yours then I can make you one out of the bit I've got. If not, then we'll have to work something else out.

I have 2.0TFSI Sline SE with twin exhaust, I have a Milltek fitted.

Attachments

• 20200317_160632.jpg
    20200317_160632.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 183
I guess we could check the parts database? I assume the bumpers would be the same on Sline TDI and TFSI, just different engines
but still SLine model.
If you no were the part number is I might be able to read it if I look under it,
Maybe.

Replaced the snub nose mount for a power flex as social distancing has cancelled most of my work... it definitely needed doing!

Does anyone know of some cheap parts but labour intensive mods that are good to invest my time into over the next couple of weeks?

650a72c5512c12fb7b1f7aa4165c4e27.jpg

Replaced the snub nose mount for a power flex as social distancing has cancelled most of my work... it definitely needed doing!

Does anyone know of some cheap parts but labour intensive mods that are good to invest my time into over the next couple of weeks?

650a72c5512c12fb7b1f7aa4165c4e27.jpg

I'm Not sure the words "cheap" and "Audi " go together that often Chap, but I can try and find you something to do to it, you could allways give it a deep clean inside and out , that will take a day.

Reactions: Bobbytea
I'm Not sure the words "cheap" and "Audi " go together that often Chap, but I can try and find you something to do to it, you could allways give it a deep clean inside and out , that will take a day.

Haha true that! Well the snub nose mount was only £30 but changing it involved taking the whole front end off (which I needed to do anyway to replace the slam panel)

I do love a deep clean - that’ll be happening. I haven’t had the time to clay her since I bought it nearly two years ago.

I’ve got a inlet runner flap delete kit... that’ll take me some head scratching time getting all the inlet manifold off.

Interested in a Turbo muffler delete, but not sure they’re worth it? Thoughts? I’d love to do the FMIC but I’m not gonna drop £550 on it when I’m not sure how long I’ll not be working....

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Just realised how the post photos, here's the diffuser.
View attachment 199524

Yep that specific valance was never an option for uk cars but was available in other euro location.
It was produced in two versions , the one you have and also in dual outlet version, I know this as I also bought one from ebay some while ago .
It doesn't workout with a towbar very well though so I sold it on.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
It is still for sale in the states though via ECS.
here is the twin outlet option.

Dif2
Dif3

yep, some very careful and minimal cutting will be required to avoid loosing that great look, it's doable but on the double outlet version it just wasn't worth ruining the valance and it looked a bit odd with a cut right in the middle.

Yep that specific valance was never an option for uk cars but was available in other euro location.
It was produced in two versions , the one you have and also in dual outlet version, I know this as I also bought one from ebay some while ago .
It doesn't workout with a towbar very well though so I sold it on.

That'll be why the painting instructions were in Italian and the fitting instructions are mostly schematic.
I did wonder about the towbar issue, I figured there would be some cutting to be done.

Seems to be a lot of b7 kit on facebook then, i'm not on facebook so don't see any of it.