Roof guttering - A Result....

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Couldnt find the old thread about problems with bubbles forming under the paint around the gutters on the A/S3.

Well, anyway, i noticed the other day i had some, so i went to audi (the car is now 4 ish yrs old), their 'chief' parts guy came out to look at it and said it was the result of a previous respray... i told him i had owned it from new and it had'nt been in a crash, i asked him if he thought i was lying. He soon backed down. Reluctantly i was then reffered to thier crash repair place down the road and they arranged an audi inspector to see it ( a really nice guy, who had worked with paints for 30+ yrs).

He took one look and said no problem, the whole roof and both side panels need a full respray and it will be covered by audi warrenty. He said he had seen it loads of times before, and that because the roof panel lies under the side panel (beneath the plastic rain gutter), occasionally the seal splits and needs to be reworked, the bubbles always form on the side panel edge, not the roof edge. Apparently audi have just increased their warrenty from 3 to 12 yrs to cover just this kind of thing.

So, if youve got bubbles, get on to them now - and dont take any crap.

Im still so annoyed that the first guy tried to blame me by telling me i had crashed my car!

Result..... dont supose you got his name did you?

Be quiet handy to have an Audi inspector who actually knows his stuff when it comes to the gutters. Seems to be a big problems and I am just waiting for the day when I too have bubbles in the gutters.

im going back there again soon, so ill get his name.

The place is called 'Poole accident repair', they are owned by the local audi dealer and do work for VW and Seat.