Samco & Forge?

Peloton

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Forge Eliminator DV & in the future get it remapped. I've read that the hoses could do with uprated silicone numbers if theres a big power increase, is it necessary when fitting the uprated DV?
Also, which ones actually need changed & how difficult is it for the novice mechanic?
icon11.gif

I've had a good search around the forums & google etc & can't find any info on this. I've noted a DV fitting guide but any guides for the hoses are illusive to say the least.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Most of the aftermarket hoses are not really necessary. The only uprated Forge/Samco item that is really worth getting with a remap is probably the TIP. The other hoses are 'nicer looking' and certainly better quality than the OEM ones but don't feel the need to get them if you don't want to.

Fitting the TIP is a swine. No skin left on your knuckles job.

Good choice with the Eliminator btw.

DPM I'd rather the new one & Awsome-GTI are giving them for £86 quid delivered. If you can match that (Price Beat) then I'll have one please! :D

See here:Awesome-GTI

Rich1068 I've been reading up on a few posts regarding the Eliminator hence my choice. :beerchug:

I had noticed awesomes prices too, they seem damn good - especially as forges own site has them still for something like £112!

Yeah I noticed that. Most people are selling them for £95 & they're selling them for £112. A bit strange I thought. :confused:

After half way through ordering I find that Awesome-GTI's stated prices are without VAT! :keule: So it actually works out they're only a couple of quid shorter than DPM Autostyling (delivered. postage cost from DPM brings it up to £105). Still a difference but hardly enough to worry about.

Oh yes! I've had many a rant about tuners selling their products as 'plus VAT'. ****** stupid. In fact I'd even goes as far as to say it's sharp practice.