Samco TIP

d18ony

Donnie Mac
Reaction score
Hi all

I just bought a samco tip off ebay. It was advertised as to fit an audi tt, but i was under the impression that it would fit my s3 aswell. Of course now ive received it, i dont think it is the same as an s3 one. Can anyone confirm this, as Ive looked at heaps of pictures of them on the net, and they all look different! Are the pre facelifts different to the post facelifts?

Thanks Guys

Donnie

As far as I'm aware there are 2 types for the S3. Something to do with the earlier S3's not having ESP. Also the TT has 3 different engines, 150bhp, 180bhp and 225bhp. The 225bhp is the one which fits the facelift S3's. Someone might be a long to correct me soon.

Yeah, you'll only get one to fit if you've got ESP
Think you can modify an ESP one to fit a non-ESP car but im not 100% on what is involved
As AKY said, you'll need a 225 TT one to fit an S3, but all 225 TT's had ESP...

I asked a similar question a while back "Ive been offered a SAMCO SILICONE TURBO INTAKE PIPE S3 BAM/APX models with ESP only (TB1007) for my Audi S3 but my engine code is an APY with ESP, does anyone know if this would fit my car " The TIP fitted fine for me so if you have ESP it should fit ok.......

I bought the Same hose marked for S3 BAM/APX with ESP and that went striaght on to my AMK S3 engine.

well im not sure what engine i have. its a 1999, doesnt have esp. so by the sounds of thins, ill be putting the TIP back on ebay! Unless anyone is intrested????

i do enjoy the noise the samco pipe makes after a remap sounds very cool. I bought mine for my BAM not knowing if it would fit, if you check the samcosport website you should be able to make out the differences

as far as i can make out you cant get an aftermarket tip for an apy non esp model. im gona stick the tip back on ebay see if i can get my money back. would anyone be intrested, it really is brand new never been used samco TIP!!!

What colour is it mate? PM me how much you want for it

Ash