fudged 8l

fudged

Reaction score
So this is my new project

Basically a 1 owner from new with full history from Audi in Leeds, it's a 1.8t sport with leathers and Audi concert, the interior is absolutely mint and all is wrong with the car is a small dent in the drivers wing/wheelarch

So I have plans already in motion due to me having some decent parts ready to go on, I have a full set of Porsche 996 4pot brakes with 343mm disks and custom adapters for the mk4 platform that will be refurbished and put on with 312mm disks.

A front mount with some stealthy pipes so i can retain my engine trims,

A full 3" turbo back miltek

Possibly fitting my beach buggy turbo k280, or selling this with matching saab injectors

Some 17X8 et35 team dynamics 1.2 in silver

A set of SCALE road/track coilovers with adjustable mounts.

Already fitted a mk2 tt steering wheel

14b4vtg.jpg

I'm wanting to keep it all oem+ look with a few sporty parts so it's reliable and simple, unlike my old builds.

Attachments

• IMG_20160125_120535.jpg
    IMG_20160125_120535.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
good find. i like the steering wheel. is the air bag still functional?

nice pulsar, any specs on it? my mate has a full pulsar sitting in bits in his bedroom/garage. used to run around 650bhp until he started upgrading it 8 years ago

Nice to find a motor of this spec/history... Reminds me of when I bought my first 8l eight years ago!

That Pulsar, I have a feeling I spoke to you about potentially buying it a few years ago... The picture of is sat in that drive is so familiar! Was it ever advertised on gtiroc.com?

Cheers lads ! Yeah the pulsar speclist was as long as gandalfs staff but it was running a hybrid gt28 a build bottom end with tomie camshafts all original interior and bodywork, just short of 340bhp at 1.1 bar it was a proper motor, glad to have owned one it was an experience and they're slowly dying out, still have a few spares in my garage like a turbo and steering wheel,

keeping the Audi clean as its a daily motor !! Looking at an rtech stage 2 set up, those guys mapped my golf and it was perfect but it was too violent for corners and daily use

interested in more details re: steering wheel :)

i thought these had the head unit controls on them? yours looks like it doesn't and does the airbag/horn work?

No it's a completely blank steering wheel with no buttons or switches, as it sits there the air bag doesn't work and neither does the horn because the loom was missing but I'm going to replace it and see how I get on but it looks like an optional extra and makes the car feel nicer to drive some how