New car pics a week late !

bokoboy

Reaction score
:triumph:
Firstly gave it a good wash then noticed that chip on the bonnet God knows what the dealers had it covered with but I never even noticed it it looks a lot worse in the photo :triumph::triumph: gutted

Reactions: A3_Rider, Sandra and Ignition1
Lovely car mate, best colour :tonguewink:

I really like those alloys, kinda wish I'd specced them...

I'd never let the dealer touch my car again!

Lovely car mate - LED headlamps and the 10 spokes look amazing.

I'd be tempted to go back to the dealer and have a work - maybe they'll get it sorted as a gesture of good will. Will be pretty impossible to say when it happened.

Lovely car mate - LED headlamps and the 10 spokes look amazing.

I'd be tempted to go back to the dealer and have a work - maybe they'll get it sorted as a gesture of good will. Will be pretty impossible to say when it happened.
It's had a touch up pen on it amateur like ! Any idea how much this would cost to fix ??

It's had a touch up pen on it amateur like ! Any idea how much this would cost to fix ??

For a bonnet respray my guess would be £200 at a reputable spray shop or £350-£400 main Audi dealer.

If it looks to be touched up I'd defo go back to the dealer and get them to sort it FOC.

For a bonnet respray my guess would be £200 at a reputable spray shop or £350-£400 main Audi dealer.

If it looks to be touched up I'd defo go back to the dealer and get them to sort it FOC.
Would it need a full bonnet respray :anguished::disrelieved:

I'd also go back and see what they say, just say you only noticed it when you washed it. They will have done a report card on it when they had it, so it will probably be on that.

Failing that I'd go for a full bonnet respray as well, a fix MAY leave a patch that will stick out like a sore thumb! as they'd have to sand that area down first and then blow the new paint in.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Bonnet respray i'm afraid. My daughter got a nasty stone chip/ding on the bonnet only a couple of weeks from new.
That's ok I said, we have smart insurance.
Smart wouldn't touch it, "it's on the bonnet Sir" we don't touch bonnets, it'll need a respray.
Mate over the road, own's a insurance body shop, he said the same, bonnet respray.
He quoted £270, got it done for £170 from a local one man body shop.

Like the car, especially the wheels. Nice to see a 3 door, looks so much better than the 5.

Saloon rocks though.

Not saying is will make it disappear but it will improve it and you might be able to flatten out the smaller grazes if you have no luck at the dealers
06e8a951782ad1f49f3b506046dceda8.jpg

Any used the above product? I could do with removing the odd scratch or two on my bumper.

Thanks for advice guys but i cant see the seller paying fir a bonnet respray :( he will just say that was reflected in the of the car

If it was reflected in the price of the car, then you should question why he didn't inform you.

He would be quick to inform you of the price had increased because of x,y,z.

Don't ask you don't get, g o for it ;)

Don't disagree about a respray, but might be worth visiting a reputable detailer first to see if they can do anything, as they may be able to fill it with paint, wet sand and buff it. They should also be able to advise whether or not you would "see it" afterwards. SOmetimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, if the guy knows his stuff he would be able to tell you.
Personally if you don't have to get it resprayed, I'd try to avoid, as I think it always better to keep original paintwork where possible.
Simply put - get a few opinions from different shops and go with where you feel most comfortable will do the best job

Any used the above product? I could do with removing the odd scratch or two on my bumper.
I have on stone chips and to be fair if you take your time with it, it's a good improvement if you have colour missing you will need a colour touch up as well I think there are a couple of videos maybe on you tube honestly you will be surprise just follow the instruction you get with it.