tailgate not closing after solenoid replacement.

jimbob79

Reaction score
Hey folks,

The solenoid for the boot release packed up a few days ago. Disconnected it so I could still close and lock the talegate with the key. Replaced the solenoid with a genuine second hand item yesterday, the tailgate release is making all the right noises now which is great however the tailgate refuses to close?? Anyone had a similar problem? Am I missing something?

Cheers
Jim

Def the same solenoid as some look the same but work in reverse, so yours could be keeping the catch open

Dəf the same mike, matching numbers..
İ removed the solenoid again so I could close and lock the boot, now the key won't open the damn thing.... so I now gotta strip out all the trim to open the frickin thing... àaaaargghh! !

Odd mate.........it should still open with the key if the mech is still attached.

Managed to pull enough of the trim back and release the boot from the inside, I think something had got stuck between the lock and the mech.. I've put everything back together again and it's now working fine... i have 'no explanation as to why it wasn't playing ball yesterday.. Either way I'm a happy man now.. cheers mike.. :)