Audi a4 2.5 tdi convertible hood not closing

shaid

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have just joined this forum and im after some help with a newly purchased 05 reg audi 2.5 convertible. I have read other ppl having problems with hood getting stuck in boot or half way but my problem is slightly different..

The hood opens all the way without any issues. However, when trying to close it, it goes all the way and when it's a few inches from locking into the window, it stalls. I can close it manually but the same issues occurs everytime. Any ideas whether its the hydraulics, motors or link arms? I dont want to go to audi because everyone is quoting figures up to £1000 and i really dont have that much to spend. has anyone else experienced this problem?

Regards

Can I suggest two things... First do a full manual reset of the roof. There is a really good video on YouTube showing it.

second, if that doesn't work try scanning for fault codes. In my experience roof issues are nearly always micro switch related.

Can I suggest two things... First do a full manual reset of the roof. There is a really good video on YouTube showing it.

second, if that doesn't work try scanning for fault codes. In my experience roof issues are nearly always micro switch related.

Many thanksfor the advice.

Did a full manual reset but to no avail. the roof goes down and the first time it closes ok. However, when you do this the second time the same thing happens and the roof light flashes on the dashboard.

Plugged in the diag tool and it comes with these three errors. even if you reset them they reappear.

02000 Switch position not a plausible signal
01996 Cabrio top lock switch - F294 Open Not a plausible signal Intermittent
02024 Perfom adaptation No or Wrong Adaptation

PS: the near side latch that holds the sensors was replaced last week from Audi

cabbyfan

My problem still there mate... was thinking of booking into audi..

One of their mechanics had a look after hours and said it might need recalibrating. Does that mean anything...someone else has suggested i disconnect battery and leave it for a fw hrs then reconnect. may reset...

Not sure i agree with recalibrating, I would have thought a full open and close manually would reset all the limits. Sounds like a top limit switch or position switch problem to me. I will let you know if I think of anything else.

hsve a look here Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki

like mentioned earlier 95% of hood faults are micro switches.