Power estimations?

Jake Clare

Reaction score
I've got an '04 PD140 with just over 180,000miles on it, I was planning on buying:
- a replacement turbo w/ manifold
- PD170 injectors
- Intercooler
- sports exhaust high flow (maybe just a straight through).
I was just hoping to get a power estimation if anyone has any idea? and if there are anymore parts I should consider replacing because the mileage is so high.

Thanks

180k miles, that's good. Any major breakdowns in its history?

Just changing parts won't really do much, you need to have a remap as well.

No major breakdowns, got my clutch and flywheel changed about 2 months ago so that's all good. Oh yeah I forgot about the remap, i'll be needing that as well! Got any ideas? I'm not hoping for major power obviously hopefully about 200bhp?

A bv43 turbo will safely meet your power requirements, not a bolt on upgrade but worthwhile nonetheless ! There are many flavours of bv43, i use the ones with separate manifold and with a couple upgrades (intercooler and boost pipes) can bring a smile on your face ! See my gtb turbo thread in the classifieds... You might need a new downpipe made to mate with your exhaust but it's not essential...

Oil pump maybe one of the dodgy ones with the weak thin hex shaft, worth checking that one out before you upgrade. I've lost track over the years on which turbo is best to buy thesedays but buy the best you can afford such as adamss24 suggests. http://www.jabbasport.com/ outside Peterborough are the masters of turbo tech. on VAG cars so worth chatting to them for realistic costs and power gains.
200bhp and 320ft/lbs are easily achievable on your engine, I had 215bhp on my old Fabia VRS PD130 some years ago.