About to order A3 sline saloon stronic Tdi

Iainmc

Reaction score
Hi all, been driving BMW 3 series for a few years and fancy a change and the A3 2.0 Tdi sline stronic is on my car list
Love the looks, like the way it drives
I can add a few options so have configured

Ibis White

Comfort package
De badge at rear (looks cleaner)
Door mirrors - electrically folding, adjustable and heated
Fine Nappa leather with S line embossing on the front seats Heated front seats
Interior lighting package
Privacy glass
S line sports suspension (wife has Cooper S so like firm suspension)

Thoughts on spec, would you change anything? I drive around 30K per year

Reactions: Simon L
Hi all, been driving BMW 3 series for a few years and fancy a change and the A3 2.0 Tdi sline stronic is on my car list
Love the looks, like the way it drives
I can add a few options so have configured

Ibis White

Comfort package
Privacy glass

Thoughts on spec, would you change anything? I drive around 30K per year

Congrats on your order! :)

Definitely wouldn't take any of those options away..................there are a few I'd add but I'm guessing your trying to keep cost under control ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Company car so I have a monthly budget to hit and I am right on the limit, was thinking of downgrading to leather/perf alacantra but not much I can do with the different cash

Ibis White

Comfort package
Privacy glass
Everything is spot on although the s-line suspension is harder than the Cooper S (wife has new 5dr Cooper S), drove both and the s-line was defo harder. One reason I plumped for the lesser sport.
Just my opinion mind :blink:

change to the alcantara & add adaptive cruise control.

Everything is spot on although the s-line suspension is harder than the Cooper S (wife has new 5dr Cooper S), drove both and the s-line was defo harder. One reason I plumped for the lesser sport.
Just my opinion mind :blink:
My wife has the 5 dr Cooper S Auto also, think I will have to try an s line suspension as the test drives I had were in the Sport suspension

Sport is prefect. Great balance between the S-line and SE set-ups. Soaks up the bumps well but handles well, so happy days.
Nicely specced car.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
With the alcantara you could remove the heated seats as it's warmer than leather.

With the alcantara you could remove the heated seats as it's warmer than leather.
I have a wife who gets cold in the desert! If I stayed with BMW she wanted me to put on the heated steering wheel also

I would spec Magnetic ride (best of both worlds/sport and comfort)..I would sacrifice the leather and interior light package to get mag ride..

Congrats on order!

I have full leather sports seats on my current A4 but like the leather alcantara seats just as much really.
Personally I would have chosen leather alcantara and used the money saved for B&O, or audi sound system if budget is not enough.

Ps. Here in Sweden not having heated seats = HORROR :)

Congrats on order!

I have full leather sports seats on my current A4 but like the leather alcantara seats just as much really.
Personally I would have chosen leather alcantara and used the money saved for B&O, or audi sound system if budget is not enough.

Ps. Here in Sweden not having heated seats = HORROR :)
I only really listen to the radio when in the car so upgraded sound system is not worth it in my case

I would spec Magnetic ride (best of both worlds/sport and comfort)..I would sacrifice the leather and interior light package to get mag ride..
I do like the light package, seen standard lighting and pack and it's like chalk and cheese

I do like the light package, seen standard lighting and pack and it's like chalk and cheese
Agree with that, my sister currently has a A3 s-line hire car (her RCZ has been pranged :bye:) without interior light pack and it looks a bit dull IMO. I have the alcantara heated seats and the wife quoted "you will never buy a car again without heated seats". I will be obliged to follow her orders (article 72.3 of the marriage manual) :respekt:

Reactions: Scottyg and Iainmc
Agree with that, my sister currently has a A3 s-line hire car (her RCZ has been pranged :bye:) without interior light pack and it looks a bit dull IMO. I have the alcantara heated seats and the wife quoted "you will never buy a car again without heated seats". I will be obliged to follow her orders (article 72.3 of the marriage manual) :respekt:
I know the very manual, it comes pre installed in PDF version on all my electronic devices

Reactions: Jcbmally
If only they had say a 220bhp petrol! I had a diesel A3 company car and the best thing I did was choose petrol the following time. Never been a petrol head but the experience has been far far better.

If only they had say a 220bhp petrol! I had a diesel A3 company car and the best thing I did was choose petrol the following time. Never been a petrol head but the experience has been far far better.
We have a company policy on bhp and co2 and has to be diesel
But on a side note, love the avatar - Big Purple fan myself. Have tickets to go see the man in black next year

Reactions: mister.c.
If yer on a company car budget....then so be it,your chosen spec is all you need and matters...*** glad Audi dont charge extra for electric windys...Then Again Could they..?..lol

glad Audi dont charge extra for electric windys...Then Again Could they..?..lol
They don't, you only have to pay for the expensive amps that hurry along the free cabling to the free electric windows :sob:

I know the very manual, it comes pre installed in PDF version on all my electronic devices
To true and if you (accidently on purpose) loose the manual, the wife will recite the whole damn thing anyway :rtfm:

Reactions: Iainmc
If yer on a company car budget....then so be it,your chosen spec is all you need and matters...*** glad Audi dont charge extra for electric windys...Then Again Could they..?..lol
James, VX charge for rear leccy Windows. Cheap sods!!

+1 for the alcantara.

Only had the car a week and really pleased with the decision on the seats. The standard sound system is so much better than anything I've had before so I'm perfectly happy with that - plus I get a bigger boot. Never wanted the ACC but loving the pano roof - even in winter for the lightness.

Good luck with your decisions - I spent days on here and loved it.

Reactions: Iainmc and Jassyo06