Cruise Control

S-T

Reaction score
Went to my local audi dealer to get the parts (after being told by them what to get) got the stalk and the cowling and put it in for programming.. ****** now there telling me it needs a new control unit. (and still charged me for the programming !!!)

Can anyone tell me if thats all it needs now

a. a new control unit
b. programming.

(what does the control unit cost, any ideas ?)

thanks for any help

Just ordered a new control unit from the dealer, so I will fit that and I suppose its another 47 quid to get it programmed !!!

Switch - £22
Cowling - £23
Controller - £101
Programming £47

plus vat.

and add another 47 quid on it to get it programmed before they told me I needed the controller.

So still a damn site cheaper !

Looks like fontain are taking the pi55! That would make it £469.50 if you didn't have the m/f steering. I had cruise fitted to mine recently, and it cost £270 - at a main dealer! I haven't got a m/f steering wheel either. I used to hear such good things about fontain, they've lost the plot!

A main dealer quoted me £1,000+ on my previous B5. They said they had to replace the ECU rather than re-programme it, because in their eyes, re-programming is deemed a hack. Fontain did it for £352.

On my current car, Fontain put it in when I bought it from them, & only charged £250 all in.

The thing is that for a sausage-fingered ****** like me, it's cheaper to just pay someone to do the job (& get a warranty) than to attempt it myself, @r$e it up, and then pay even more to have it done right.