Whisky fans

SteveMcB

Reaction score
Ardbeg 10 yr old malt on Amazon at £33 a bottle delivered, bargain of the year, treat yourselves!

PS it's rocket fuel.

Put it out for fans who will know what it is, but from my perspective I've tried them all (almost - theres 100's) it is a superaltive whisky normally retailng at £40+, if you are into whisky at all it should be on your bucket list, I just took delivery of 5.
it's a strong peaty one (46), pure filtered, hardly any colouring but probably best avoided if you are into gin or vodka or that american mash stuff!

Last edited:
I do especially like Islay malts .

Peaty and smokey , none of this delicate stuff .

How does it compare with Laphroaig , Talisker and Highland Park etc ?

I like finding a bang for buck and finding a 70cl single malt anywhere near £20 is a challenge , much easier this time of year .

At £20 in Asda I've had a few of these .

ardob.non1.jpg

Agree, I like all of the above, Talker in particular, Highland Park is far too easy to drink!

Ardbeg is my favourite though but I hardly ever buy it, it's too expensive at £40 a bottle and never seems to be on offer in the shops.

I'm not too good at describing tastes! I can't really compare it to any other whisky I've tried, it's strong but not too peaty, no artificial colouring, very pale, got a distinctive taste. One of my mates had a massive collection of full bottles (mine are empty), he even bought a book about the subject. The author's favourite of them all was Ardbeg, that's what led me to try it.
If you are into Talisker and the like you will appreciate it.
Having said that I made the mistake of cracking a bottle open last night and am now feeling slightly under the weather!

Reactions: Jake 61
Glen Moray, gents, Elgin Classic Single Malt.
I can't see past it for £20.00 a bottle in Tesco.

(Sometimes on offer at £18.00).

Try it, you'll be ruined.....!

:yum: