Members please help

marcdtr

Reaction score
Hi all

My wife went to start my A4 cab b6 2003 3litre and the battery was flat I know the battery wasn't great so I need to replace it.
Here is where I need help I have a prolapsed disc and can barely walk so my dad was going to fit it for me. On euro car parts there are a few to choose from with different fittings and amps.
I am not well enough to remove the old one or to check I cannot even lift the bonnet.
Can someone post the one I need.

In advance thank you very much.

Marc

If you put your reg number in on Euro car parts it gives the right right one for your car .. I always fit the biggest battery what you can get in .. Put the biggest amp one you can fit in .. Makes your car start and run better

I did this and it shows type 17 and type 19 which looks like the fitting direction? I will go for the highest amp tho cheers

I feel for you on the prolapsed disc front, I had the same thing back in 1992 and my god you know what pain is when you have one of those, that one resulted in surgery and as I sit here now I am in week 3 of a 12 week recovery having just had my second bout of back surgery, this time a decompression of L4&L5. Leave the lifting of the battery to someone else and I wish you all the best on the prolapse.

Reactions: S-Star
Fitting a new battery is very heavy work I'm a very strong man and still is very hard .. Don't fit it your self .. Get a mate to help you

My car also listed both type 17 and 19. I went for the bigger type 19 as I had a type 17 in originally. It's all down to choice.

Where abouts are you based? Might be someone local to you who could give a fellow member in need a hand.

Reactions: BakPak
Either a fellow member could help or if you buy from halfords (though a little expensive) they will fit it for you...?

I feel for you on the prolapsed disc front, mine is L3-L4, well on the mend after about a year but I would think twice before attempting the battery change, it is too centrally placed, probably why the A5 cab has the battery in the boot now.

I went to Halfords to save my back. Watching the poor guy was painful ---- but they also take the old one, so saved the hassle of getting rid of it. And yes, a little more expensive than some other options.