What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Great work Jassy - looks fab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers pal...see trying to get them alloys back on......to the hubs....****** back breaking mate....hate ****** doing this but glad its done........should last a years or so...........

Reactions: Rob2k68
Running out of idea's guys been surfing the web for detailing products to buy that l have'nt got already.............waxes,drying towels,compounds,buffing cloths,detox products,ceramics,glass stuff,leather stuff,tyre stuff,mitt stuff,polishing machines,quick detailers,pads,applicators...................got them all....bored

On a side note, just noticed if ordering stuff from ultimate finish of which l have a 10% discount from.....its only giving me 97p discount on £50 of kit....also noticed l have no reward points with in2detailing even though l have spent £300 with them.................ummmmm does anyone else keep tabs on such things

I have a incredimitt wheel brush in transit mate via ultimatefinish should arrive next week plus a few other odd and ends
As l post i am painting these.. .. Just waiting for the first coat to dry then apply another applied some fusion wax to the alloy waiting on this curing as well ..... Lol View attachment 158667 View attachment 158668

Nice one @jassyo06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Running out of idea's guys been surfing the web for detailing products to buy that l have'nt got already.............waxes,drying towels,compounds,buffing cloths,detox products,ceramics,glass stuff,leather stuff,tyre stuff,mitt stuff,polishing machines,quick detailers,pads,applicators...................got them all....bored

On a side note, just noticed if ordering stuff from ultimate finish of which l have a 10% discount from.....its only giving me 97p discount on £50 of kit....also noticed l have no reward points with in2detailing even though l have spent £300 with them.................ummmmm does anyone else keep tabs on such things

Usually there is a timeframe within which one can use the reward points. I'd call them and check.

I am also after a wash mitt. Currently, I have an Adam's one and another lambs wool one that I bought recently. Washed my S4 yesterday and left the lambs wool one in there for about 30 mins (warm water) and the water changed its colour to brown (mitt colour). Wasn't feeling comfortable using it on the car so, it goes as an alloy mitt, which I have three now.

Suggestions welcome!

Usually there is a timeframe within which one can use the reward points. I'd call them and check.

I am also after a wash mitt. Currently, I have an Adam's one and another lambs wool one that I bought recently. Washed my S4 yesterday and left the lambs wool one in there for about 30 mins (warm water) and the water changed its colour to brown (mitt colour). Wasn't feeling comfortable using it on the car so, it goes as an alloy mitt, which I have three now.

Suggestions welcome!

Grey incredimitt mate.... fluffier than the Blue yin...lol,no time frames is not the issue here mate...l am going to phone in2detailing and ultimate finish to get to the bottom of this

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Grey incredimitt mate.... fluffier than the Blue yin...lol,no time frames is not the issue here mate...l am going to phone in2detailing and ultimate finish to get to the bottom of this

Cheers buddy. Hate when you can't buy stuff from one supplier. Polished Bliss it is then to buy it. Order placed for next day delivery

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Cheers buddy. Hate when you can't buy stuff from one supplier. Polished Bliss it is then to buy it. Order placed for next day delivery

Going to try slims detailing...10% off on first order

Reactions: V6_Man
What is the best wheel brush you’ve tried then? Is it the old tried and tested “wheel woolies”? I’ve yet to buy a decent wheel brush and yet to try the woolies!

It’s got to be wheel woolies! They’re the cats pyjamas. I was hesitant at first but after getting them I didn’t know what I was missing. Makes cleaning wheels a breeze and they’re very robust! Would recommend them to anyone

Reactions: NevMan
It’s got to be wheel woolies! They’re the cats pyjamas. I was hesitant at first but after getting them I didn’t know what I was missing. Makes cleaning wheels a breeze and they’re very robust! Would recommend them to anyone
And so is a sponge at £1 or less.... If you really think about it..... Is a wheel brush really necessary? I have washed the drums of all my cars up until now with a cheap sponge with the same results

Nice job mate! Need to this myself at some point. Did you consider using black, rather than silver? Silver finish looks ace and definitely works on your car. Was thinking about going black on mine as might suit my colour better.

....and need to get myself a jack - what are you using?

What is the best wheel brush you’ve tried then? Is it the old tried and tested “wheel woolies”? I’ve yet to buy a decent wheel brush and yet to try the woolies!

Love the wheel Woolies, 3 sizes perfect for getting in everywhere

I have a incredimitt wheel brush in transit mate via ultimatefinish should arrive next week plus a few other odd and ends
As l post i am painting these.. .. Just waiting for the first coat to dry then apply another applied some fusion wax to the alloy waiting on this curing as well ..... Lol View attachment 158667 View attachment 158668

Nice work Loving the improvised car supports

slight detour to snow foams.....
so normally i just use the soap i will be washing with, can vary from adams car soap, to carpro reset. they foam ok....just ok

but i got my gallon tub of valetpro ph neutral snowfoam out from like 1.5 years ago and it foams very well, anyone else used it before? i forgot how well it goes on....
been looking at gyeon foam, anyone had any experience?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
And so is a sponge at £1 or less.... If really think about it..... Is a wheel brush really necessary? I have washed the drums of all my cars up until now with a cheap sponge with the same results
so normally i just use the soap i will be washing with, can vary from adams car soap, to carpro reset. they foam ok....just ok

but i got my gallon tub of valetpro ph neutral snowfoam out from like 1.5 years ago and it foams very well, anyone else used it before? i forgot how well it goes on....
Valet pro pH neutral snow foam is very good mate a great snow foam to use for the summer months, but there advanced version is just awesome, l can cover 2 cars with it from one a 8-2 mix ie 200 ml product 800 ml water.

Nice work Loving the improvised car supports

They where precautionary mate not one for buying tools if l can get away it lol
£13 that's all the job cost plus a sore back

I would like to try gyeon foam but it’s to pricey compared to others

+1 on the grey incredimitt

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06

I find Polished Bliss really good, same with Slims

Reactions: V6_Man and Audib5fan
And so is a sponge at £1 or less.... If you really think about it..... Is a wheel brush really necessary? I have washed the drums of all my cars up until now with a cheap sponge with the same results

Your alloys are really easy to clean jassy, no small/tight areas

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
I find Polished Bliss really good, same with Slims

Free delivery with bliss as well

They where precautionary mate not one for buying tools if l can get away it lol
£13 that's all the job cost plus a sore back

Nice one, and reasonable cost too, a sh*t job ticked off

Free delivery with bliss as well

A good point, but sometimes offset as they aren’t always the cheapest

A good point, but sometimes offset as they aren’t always the cheapest

Well I always found them well priced compared to others whenever bought something

Your alloys are really easy to clean jassy, no small/tight areas

Yup very easy indeed to clean mate but its wasn't always the case still used a sponge

Cheers pal...see trying to get them alloys back on......to the hubs....****** back breaking mate....hate ****** doing this but glad its done........should last a years or so...........

Try one of these mate in the top wheel bolt hole , line up and then slide the wheel on along the stud. Put the other bolts in then remove this and replace with the last bolt.

Eliminates the chance of the wheel falling off the hub flange and the caliper dust shields damaging the inside of your wheel rim .....

f0e9ac97b599c21a23341f4b1297e30b.png

Reactions: Pinky1959, NevMan, MattSedg and 1 other person
Try one of these mate in the top wheel bolt hole , line up and then slide the wheel on along the stud. Put the other bolts in then remove this and replace with the last bolt.

Eliminates the chance of the wheel falling off the hub flange and the caliper dust shields damaging the inside of your wheel rim .....

Lol simple but effective eh .. . Would have saved my poor back getting buckled

The genuine VW Group ones, in either black plastic or alloy have a tapered lead in which helps quite a bit. Each of my cars either came with or I added to, a plastic one and have an alloy one in the garage for home use.

Edit:- Guide Pin P/N 893 012 223 - that is the plastic version, the alloy one from VW Toureg etc is Dowel P/N 7L0 012 223

Last edited:

seen them used for porsches and such so you dont smash your million pound carbon ceramic disc with your wheel....never even thought about getting them for normal cars

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
f074ccf67a016bceddbd32b16206987c.jpg

8c5c16ecb1340a1ed1ea4d19d9ecc6d0.jpg

Tesco products did this, quite pleased with the result if I’m honest

Reactions: Audi Bairn, A4A4, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
And so is a sponge at £1 or less.... If really think about it..... Is a wheel brush really necessary? I have washed the drums of all my cars up until now with a cheap sponge with the same results

Valet pro pH neutral snow foam is very good mate a great snow foam to use for the summer months, but there advanced version is just awesome, l can cover 2 cars with it from one a 8-2 mix ie 200 ml product 800 ml water.
might have to try the advanced next, cheap enough for what it is aswell.

i foamed it, rinsed then foamed again and washed with that foam still on the car, was nice as carpro reset doesnt do much in the way of foam

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
might have to try the advanced next, cheap enough for what it is aswell.

i foamed it, rinsed then foamed again and washed with that foam still on the car, was nice as carpro reset doesnt do much in the way of foam

The advance Valet Pro...is about a Ayrton Senna more expensive.....but it's more concentrated l just used 100 mls of it today......its comparable to a ****** Avalanche mate....really is the best Snow foam l have ever used....l'll show ye soon.....wink .....wink.....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and MattSedg
f074ccf67a016bceddbd32b16206987c.jpg

8c5c16ecb1340a1ed1ea4d19d9ecc6d0.jpg

Tesco products did this, quite pleased with the result if I’m honest

That's the whole point mate as long as your happy and your bank balance does'nt bleed money so much.....nice car.....Nano looks good in the Shaded light

Reactions: 1future
Free Ultimate Snow Foam (5L) worth £14.95 with orders £60 and above ends midnight 30th June.

Coupon code : USF

This is pretty decent stuff my go to snow foam.

That's the whole point mate as long as your happy and your bank balance does'nt bleed money so much.....nice car.....Nano looks good in the Shaded light

Exactly! I didn’t even spend a penny on it my mothers boyfriend bought the products! Tyre shine works really well I must say

Agreed Nano is a nice colour but looks amazing in the shade

Free Ultimate Snow Foam (5L) worth £14.95 with orders £60 and above ends midnight 30th June.

Coupon code : USF

This is pretty decent stuff my go to snow foam.

Used it for years mate....was tempted until....l saw how much discount or is the case not so much discount....i was getting...will need to check with them concerning my loyalty tier discount

Exactly! I didn’t even spend a penny on it my mothers boyfriend bought the products! Tyre shine works really well I must say

Agreed Nano is a nice colour but looks amazing in the shade

Yer Mum boyfriend trying to be yer best pal was he........just joking.....been there....lol

Reactions: NevMan and 1future
Used it for years mate....was tempted until....l saw how much discount or is the case not so much discount....i was getting...will need to check with them concerning my loyalty tier discount

You must be on the full 10% now mate ? Think I’m about £350 away

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
You must be on the full 10% now mate ? Think I’m about £350 away

Correcto Mundo mate....but they where only giving me a 87p discount on £62 bangers of gear....????

Reactions: NevMan and Rob2k68