5mm spacers on front

xpoweruk

TTTS 8J Smile Machine
Reaction score
Has anybody done this?

If so any issues with the alloy seating correctly ?

Cheers

Depends on your offset. I have been running H&R 15mm front and 20mm rear with my Bbs Ch alloys, 18 inch, et50, no issues. Winter wheels on now, standard s-line 18s, no spacers.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I've ordered some 5mm to see :)

xp I've got 12mm Eibach all round on order. 40mm lugs. Unluckily with this I no longer have a locking nut. Will have to see if I can find one/four. We popped one on the other day and it seated perfectly but we couldn't see how it looked because we didn't have any longer bolts and the 27mm ones just didn't stretch.

Sounds like it should look spot on Chucky.

Reactions: chucky1
We spent a fair bit of time the other day measuring. And remeasuring. And then again. I just want to fill the arches up. I think you'll see the fronts, but if this makes sense you'll notice the rears more. This will bring them to just a whisker shy of the bodywork. Not past it, at the top of the tyre. I know its only a spacer but the Eibach ones are beautifully anodized. Shame they are going to be hidden. Hang one on a chain and give it to a girl.

Just put RS4 brakes on, so got some H&R 10mm front and 15mm rear hubcentric spacers on, fills the arch lovely. I am keeping my OEM 18's ET47 for now.
Got some 40mm bolts with it but also ordered some lockers off ebay, standard bolts have a thread of about 27mm.

Skard what do you think re the RS4 brakes? I've been offered the whole set up. Waves, red calipers, lines etc They are a big purchase. Thats a New Zealand fishing trip plus duty free booze.

I have had them on a few days and with snowtyres on, they are still bedding in. I haven't noticed much difference yet as the only positive of the standard setup is the initial bite at low speed - all I have done thus far. I am sure they will standout when I need it to.

I would have liked red instead of black
Keep your old setup and sell the Brembo's later? Mine came from a low mileage RS4 that quickly got ceramics and had new wavy's under warranty.

I've no doubt you won't be disappointed. Have NZ booked for Feb/March. Next year perhaps.

Added the 5mm spacers today with longer bolts.
Looks spot on :) Wider front track for better handling characteristics.

Can instantly feel a difference in steering on first test drive :s4addict:
WP 20151204 002

xp looks good. Spoke to Eibach yesterday and my 12s were arriving late in the day. Wasn't worth trying to get them. The bolts were the hold up. Will get them on next week.

The A4 I recently purchased had larger RS4 wheels but was using 10mm crappy universal/ non-hubcentric spacers (I didn't realise when buying).

Just replaced with some H&R hubcentric 10mm all round today. Not sure if its specific to me but although the new spacers were machined to fit an A4 and I thoroughly cleaned with a wire brush etc I did have to file ever so slightly so that the spacers sat flush. The front two slipped on no problem though.

So in the end they sat fine :)

Hello random, welcome. My readings indicate that sometimes there is a slight "adjustment" necessary. Apparently not unusual. What are you running if you don't mind me asking. 255s or 265s. And how have these come up with the 10mms. Just up to the edge of the body work on the A4 ? Not "poking" out?

Heyy chucky1, thanks. Its my first Audi and the few days I've had it this forum has been a godsend lol.

The tires are 255/35ZR19 and come up right to the body so they don't poke out thankfully but only just. I'm pretty sure if I had gone for 15mm then they definitely would be outside. I just measured the old spacers whilst they were on and they seemed to be 10mm so thought that would be a safe bet. Used the same bolts as well.

Main reason for replacing with hubcentric was because the car was shaking at 70ish with the universal spacers. That seems to be fixed now but got to take it on a proper run tomorrow :)

Thanks random. Keeping my fingers crossed that 12mms are bang on the edge. Are you running Contis?

Fingers crossed! I think you might well be okay with 2mm although defo cutting it close! I will try and take a pic of mine tomorrow if it helps.

No nothing special, just some budget ones that came with the car.

Yeah, just don't want them hanging out if you know what I mean. She'll be cool.

Get some pics up when done Gents :)

Will do xp. Should get them and do it on Wednesday. Gotta work Mon/Tues.

Heyy, as promised, pics of my 10mm H&R spacers. Apologies for the dodgy camera work, it was raining hehe. With these proper spacers my car no longer shakes at 70+ mph. Yey!

I think you will be okay with the extra 2mm chucky1.
JU44JH1.jpg

mZEIa8K.jpg

VVwrRlv.jpg

S9ZrX3M.jpg

Reactions: chucky1 and xpoweruk
Thanks @xpoweruk got a list as long as my arm of things I'd like to do to it but will get through them slowly, besides this is already a massive upgrade from my little VW Polo lol.

One thing that worries me a little with the spacers and 19" wheels is having full load in the back. Hopefully that doesn't cause any rubbing/ problems.

I'd be more worried about wheel bearing life. 60,000 miles on standard offset is normal, spacers are bound to reduce bearing life.

Fingers crossed I don't have to many issues @Zafi

Despite being 7 years old the cars only done 32k so far and I'm not sure I would have put spacers or the larger alloys on myself but purchased the car like that. That said I'm not complaining because it does look sooo much better IMO lol.

Thanks for braving the rain random. Yes this is the look I'm seeking. I can't see 2mm making much of a difference as you said. I'm glad she doesn't shake at 70 any more. That would have been a bit nerve wracking. Old spacers, mmm...... kinda like old cheap tyres, perhaps even more dangerous.

Thanks @chucky1

The spacers previously installed were universal ones ( e.g http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-10mm-U...851060?hash=item1ea61baf34:g:r6wAAOSwo6lWKlcm) which are a great price but useless. Mainly because the centre hole is a generic one size fits all and in most cases too big. On top of this you also lose the hub depth because the spacer is 10mm so now the only thing your wheel is resting on are the bolts themselves. This makes the wheel unstable at higher speeds and unsafe as well.

Thats why hubcentric are the only real option. These have the hub lip and are machined to a specific car/ model so they are a perfect fit (minus the bit of filing). The ones I purchased were: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-10mm-...948175?hash=item58a545f80f:g:JY0AAOxytBZSQ~qY

Now I know for the future lol and hopefully the post helps someone else avoid the issue!

I'm getting mine direct from Eibach. Their office is a 20 min drive from home. The guys there are really helpful and fully understand what you want. I think there is an historical connection between H and R and Eibach. Both produce high quality product.

Have just put the 12mm spacers on all round. All 4 wheels just have that bulked out look that I thought was missing a bit. Sorry guys I take rotten photos. They really don't do the look justice. My next set of tyres, odds on, will be Pilot SSs and this will get rid of that lip that the contis have on them. This will also plant the car even better, they are that good. I don't know if it's my imagination or not but the spacers make the car feel a little more stable too. First photo is stock, before. Then the photo quality goes downhill. Haha wish I could take good shots.
IMG 0097
IMG 0117
IMG 0110
IMG 0108

They look great chucky.

They need that bit of poke IMO :hi:

Thanks xp. In the flesh its surprising what that extra 2.4 cm can do visually. Haha

They look really good @chucky1 :p Make the car look more aggressive whilst keeping that understated elegance. Nice job!