shiny leather steering wheel syndrome

moorzy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to restore a leather steering wheel to former glory? The two arms coming out of the centre of the wheel are lovely and look like brushed leather but where hands rest normal use is shiny.... Must be a way to bring back to life?

Does anyone know of a way to restore a leather steering wheel to former glory? The two arms coming out of the centre of the wheel are lovely and look like brushed leather but where hands rest normal use is shiny.... Must be a way to bring back to life?
@moorzy - I use Dr.Leather leather wipes. Gets rid of the shiney leather returning it too a nice matt finish. Nice smell too. Great bit of kit IMO
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/dr-leather-cleaning-wipes.html

Reactions: Matthew_S3
Can't agree about Dr.Leather smelling nice! It goes quickly though and they are great for the leather. Also handy in the house which helps if you get a PB delivery and the wife intercepts it! Just tell her it's more wipes for the furniture.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and scotty76
Agree about the magic eraser. Brought mine up lovely also did the handbrake

Used a magic cleaner foam thingy Mrs moorzy had ready to be used indoors absolute quality, steering wheel, handbrake and drive selector are good as new. Have ordered 150 of these Doc leather wipes for seats and arm rests etc.. so should be sorted cheers

Reactions: Matthew_S3
always go for a dedicated car leather cleaner mate, CLEANYOURCAR.CO.UK has many clean of dirt with 1 MF cloth and number 2 MF cloth is used to buff any residue and you should end up with a nice crisp matte look again

Used a magic cleaning block first pal. Some little foam block missus gets from yes I or wherever. It's got magic dust inside it that clean anything from everything.

Then yesterday used the dr leather wipes all over the hide in car, including wheel, as recommended by a bristle hound.

Inside looks immaculate and smells not far off new motor. Very impressive.

Then yesterday used the dr leather wipes all over the hide in car, including wheel, as recommended by a bristle hound.

Inside looks immaculate and smells not far off new motor. Very impressive.
Pleased you liked 'em @moorzy :)