VCDS Expert Croydon area & Audi dealership

Macster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an A4 Black Edition, 2014, on a 63 plate.

As per title, looking to get a few tweaks done. Car had its first service, and I gave the guys at Audi a small list:-

Enable adaptive brake lights
Enable gauge test/needle sweep
Enable ambient interior lighting control
Enable hill hold assist lite
Enable ADS, (suspension options if available)
Enable DIS with efficiency (gear selection)
Enable DSG (gear display)

Asked if they could do some, or all. Picked the car up only to be told they couldn't do ANY of them as I would need extras fitted, which were pack extras etc. etc. So, no real surprise, but disappointed as I'd like to have had Audi enable them & save the settings against the car, so they don't get wiped in future.

So, looking for a VCDS whizz not too far, and can they be set in permanently?

Alternatively, anyone know an Audi dealer that would do it, and save the setting on their database, sure I read somewhere that one of you guys had an obliging dealer?

Thanks in advance

Baz

Hi all,

I have an A4 Black Edition, 2014, on a 63 plate.

As per title, looking to get a few tweaks done. Car had its first service, and I gave the guys at Audi a small list:-

Enable adaptive brake lights
Enable gauge test/needle sweep
Enable ambient interior lighting control
Enable hill hold assist lite
Enable ADS, (suspension options if available)
Enable DIS with efficiency (gear selection)
Enable DSG (gear display)

Asked if they could do some, or all. Picked the car up only to be told they couldn't do ANY of them as I would need extras fitted, which were pack extras etc. etc. So, no real surprise, but disappointed as I'd like to have had Audi enable them & save the settings against the car, so they don't get wiped in future.

So, looking for a VCDS whizz not too far, and can they be set in permanently?

Alternatively, anyone know an Audi dealer that would do it, and save the setting on their database, sure I read somewhere that one of you guys had an obliging dealer?

Thanks in advance

Baz

Send me a PM, i can sort that all out for you in about half hour.
Not too far from you either... my unit is in Dartford.

Thanks Ash, will do :)

Out of interest, can these mods be made permanent, or would they get wiped when Audi do any software updates etc.?

Baz

PS - how do I pm, do I "start a conversation"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra

Out of interest, can these mods be made permanent, or would they get wiped when Audi do any software updates etc.?

Baz

Yes baz you start conversation :) x

Baz

It will stay even after Audi has serviced the car however it is coding so if Audi manually erase the codes or change the module coding then it will need to be recoded. It won't just forget the codes by itself.