aftermarket alarms fitted to a s3??

Daz4311

Reaction score
With all the cars going missing...I'm thinking about adding a clifford alarm aswell as the clifford blackjax..has anyone else added some extra security???

Wont help if they have the keys............

I realised that, but fail to see that an added after market alarm would provide much if any benefit.
That was the question you posed.
I think the blackjax is a great idea, if you go that way please let us know what it involves. Thanks Daz.

Have asked my local clifford installer to look into fitting the blackjax to a s3..he is getting back to me later today

Can't see the point in additional in car security, if they want to steal it they will steal it, and as long as you get GAP insurance it will be fully replaced.
Important thing is to just make sure they can't get in your house and harass you or your family for the keys...just my opinion

Reactions: Jassyo06, Schizophonic, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
how about the good old clutch claw in car security device. Old fashioned but works well :)

GAP insurance and a Disklok are all you need IMO

Reactions: Jassyo06
Or maybe a pair like this ?

images

Have asked my local clifford installer to look into fitting the blackjax to a s3..he is getting back to me later today
What's the outcome re blackjax? Did you find anything out?

Yes ....blackjax only fitted...350....blackjax and a clifford alarm fitted at same time 500...guy said it would take a full day to fit

Slight thread revival here, but did you go ahead with the BlackJax?

I am after an S3 after my 135i got stolen, and the first thing I plan on doing is having a BlackJax fitted.

£850 worth of alarms/prevention? I’d rather take out the bet/longest Vehicle Replacement GAP policy with that money (which still wouldn’t come close) and get a shiny new car personally in that event. Maybe it’s just me.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Matt Titanium
Got a cracking Clifford fitted in past to an rx8 with fancy buzzing ect if pep got to close to my pride and joy.
Long story short a month later it was up in smoke with an electrical fault bothers me if it was alarm/fitter related but that was 10+ years ago and will never know

Have a look at Autowatch ghost as well, ive had cliffords in all my cars with blackjax, autostart etc, fitted by my friend and its never had a problem.

Have a look at Autowatch ghost as well,
I have one of these, great bit of kit and piece of mind. When at home I put the old prolock on and other security around the house to deter people. When out I just have the ghost system on, I see it more as a out of the house system! If I'm out and someone jumps me for the keys or uses a laptop to make the car think the key is present, I know they aren't getting anywhere with it!

Reactions: DeeGee68