Stage 2 remap a1 tfsi

Ryan freeman

Reaction score
Hi all , I need some help I'm looking at getting my a1 1.4 tfsi 185bhp stage 2 mapped but being told different things one garage who use revo are saying that a new turbo back exhaust is needed as well as uprated fmi , intake system and spark plugs but another garage is saying just the exhaust is needed , I know to stage 2 I need the exhaust , but has anybody stage 2 an a1 and if so where and what was fitted any help is appreciated cheers

I would say that the revo garage was more likely to be correct. The intercooler in the 1.4 isn't huge by any means so it wouldn't surprise me if going stage 2 meant upgrading it.

I'm sure you could run stage 2 software without the extra upgrades but you a) wouldn't get the advertised figures of around 220-230 and b) may find you're running your engine too hot.

The way I always looked at it was stage 1 = Ecu and exhaust, stage 2 = what you've listed above and stage 3 = a new turbo.

Hope this helps.

I was running stage 2 185 bhp with mine and I had only a turbo back straight through decat exhaust system and intake system. The A1 has an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold doesn't actually have a front mounted upgrading it to a FMIC is going to be costly when standard seems sufficient on that engine. Upgrading spark plugs wouldn't hurt but I managed fine without them