After my first Audi (B7 quattro petrol)

thats odd gary, just looked at mine and it is the full description, maybe its a database entry thing.
when i went for my mot earleir this year the reg number brought up my car as a 2.0tdi saloon....what's that allabout, they the used the chassis number to correct it.
it is not an issue to be honest what its listed as, well within reason but it would be nice if it was the same on all databases just to ensure you get the right parts.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-a4-avant-quattro-sline/1138631108

Spotting this for sale on Gumtree, Unsure where you are located. Very Poor advert but would appear to be a desirable car. I have been the look out for a B7 avant Special edition for some time and now considering a petrol version as i do next to no miles.

Just asked for further details/service history/pictures etc. Will see if i get anything back.

Reactions: Danith
Very nice!! I'm also a complete sucker for demanding a sub 100k one too. Don't know why, that 100k milestone is a subconscious pain in my ***

Sub - 100k would be nice but for me atleast its not essential. As long as the car is clean in all aspects (condition wise) im not too fussy. I wish less people would trade in and less private instead. I've seen some terrible examples of both Diesel and Petrol varients up for stupid money on forecourts, all because it has a s line special edition kit on.

i think it is all a bit random then

I wont disagree with you there, I thought it may have been something to do with the phase 1 Special editions and the Phase 2 but if yours is a 2006 then that would also be a phase 1 like mines

My v5 is the same. It says s line special edition but it's just the 200bhp bwe engine I have in mine

Far as I know it's original engine. It's a two owner car with full Audi history no record of engine change. The power figure on the v5 is for a 200bhp engine so all looks genuine. Not sure why it's listed as special edition. Didn't come with many extras either.
Just a 2006 2.0tfsi Quattro. Came with rear park sensors and multifunction steering wheel. Even came with just the basic stereo.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, what's the b(?) model before that like? 1.8t quattro. Is it the same 4wd system and that 1.8t that's in loads of other cars? Mapped it could be ok? Does looks dated now though that shape

Far as I know it's original engine. It's a two owner car with full Audi history no record of engine change. The power figure on the v5 is for a 200bhp engine so all looks genuine. Not sure why it's listed as special edition. Didn't come with many extras either.
Just a 2006 2.0tfsi Quattro. Came with rear park sensors and multifunction steering wheel. Even came with just the basic stereo.

check the chassis number, chassis number will start WUA not WAU

Isn't there a Gen 1 and Gen 2 TSFI Special Edition ? With the latter being produced by quattro GmbH and has the BUL 220 engine?

Both Special edition cars, just one made in a different Factory

nope both mk1 & mk2 were made at the RS factory along with the DTM's, the A4 B7 2.0tfsi special edition and DTM's were the only A4 B7's to be made there hence the different chassis number designation WUA.
difference between the two is the black optics pack only, grill/roof rails color etc.

Also not all have the same factory spec either, mine came with the larger Rs4 ARB from the factory.
The BUL 220 engine was factory fitment to all the 2.0 tfsi special editions and dtm's full stop, if you have a different engine code it is not the original engine in your special ed.

Mines is strange too, it came specked with full colour dash but no RNSE, was that even an option, I always have thought they went hand in had with each other?

nope thats not that odd chap, mine has full colur DIS but no RNSE, I dont think the two do go hand in hand, more of a case of both are options / either or together.

Mines is strange too, it came specked with full colour dash but no RNSE, was that even an option, I always have thought they went hand in had with each other?

this is the brochure details, i think it is standard if another item is fitted but not sure if that inc RNSE, mine used to have a cd changer in the glovebox with the first owner but was not fitted when i purchased it.

Sx1

1.8t 190bhp quattro manual avant

If it was looking for a B6 then it would have to be a last of the Sline, I used to own a B6 TDI and a B7 TDI and tbh there wasn't a hell of a lot between the two, never drove a B6 1.8 Turbo Quattro before so cant help with that

i'd stick with looking for a b7 , there are fair few around and the 2.0tfsi is a better engine despite it's known issues.

Yeah it's more a difference between a 2.0tfsi and 1.8t really. I'd feel less guilty about sticking a set of coilovers and bola wheels on an older b6 too

Surely with the 1.8t being done to death on all sorts of cars, the servicing and repair costs should be less, without a massive difference in performance. 190 has the correct 6 gears too.

Yeah sorry, I meant the 150 and 164 bhp b6 don't. But the 190 does, like the b7

Thanks would love an s4 mate but the fuel would cripple me!

Haha! On the last 7000 miles (1 year) I have 24.2 avg mpg and 30+ at 70mph on the motorway. About 285miles to the tank.

But I don't drive much and expense my travel...

I wish I could! I don't drive much but travelling up to Fort William soon so don't fancy doing 15mpg from Stockport to Fort William!

The lure of the sound of a v8 tho.........
I've always wanted a mk5 r32 golf but after hearing my brother moan about fuel consumption in a land where petrol is cheaper than water (uae) it's put me off getting anything bigger than my 328 here in UK

Saw a B6 saloon sline (must've been last of the b6 on an 04?). Slightly flared arches?

Looked so nice! Warming to the b6!

If you're being put off by the published mpg figures of 14.5 mpg, don't be. The V8 does around 24 to 25 around town and 25 to 30 on a long run.
The 1.8T B6 is a well proven engine and being the last of that model, should have had any build niggles sorted out over it's production run. It's tuning possibilities are almost endless if you keep it for years and like tinkering.

Reactions: tiktok_78 and Danith