Dsg owners help

Mod29

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to the forum. Ive just bought myself an a3 2.0 tfsi s line with a dsg box. Im loving the car so far but... I have two concerns!
One.. When crawling through traffic in 'd' when the cars fairly cold it seems to have an odd rattle coming from the front? When i push the brake hard it shuts up same when i put it in neutral. Once i get moving over 10 mph it also goes away! Is it normal or somthing i should be worried about (already am)
Two are you supposed to slip it to neutral when in start stop traffic? Thanks Dom

I would get that checked out mate I've just had to fix my dsg box real headache I also had a 3.2 a3 dsg box go aswell and it ain't cheap when it does if I could change to a manual I would but love the sound of the dsg when changing gear lol

1. could be DSG flywheel knocking.
2. I don't, she stays in Drive unless I know it'll be a long wait in which case Park and handbrake.

I just put foot on brake in traffic and S/S kicks in if I'm stopped long enough. Only put it in park when I'm parked up or its on my drive.
Can't help with the other stuff.

Thanks for the replys guys. I didnt actually hear it at all this morning through out a 40 min drive, with it being a new car im instantly drawn to any slight noise i hear, its not jerking or anything the gearbox and shifts are smooth as they should be. Ill have to wait and see if i hear it again. It was coming from the front drivers side near the wheel, so given the gearbox is on the passenger side im hoping its a top mount or somthing similar as thats the only thing i can relate the noise to

Get it up on a ramp and get the biggest breaker bar you can find...have fun!

Ill investigate more this weekend. Another thing.. Does the car learn shift points to suit your driving style? Mine was own by a lady that tickled it all its life and seems to change gears really low down around 2-2.5k rpm, im in 6th by the time im at 40

I read somewhere that they shift early to save fuel not to sure if they learn your driving style S will make it hold the revs longer

Ill investigate more this weekend. Another thing.. Does the car learn shift points to suit your driving style? Mine was own by a lady that tickled it all its life and seems to change gears really low down around 2-2.5k rpm, im in 6th by the time im at 40

It does shift very early and prefers to use the torque to keep you going rather than high revs.

But to answer your question yes it does adapt to certain things and yes you can reset them using VCDS.

6th gear by around 40mph is about right, mines the same.

Cool, thanks for the replys guys response on here is great! My cars going into audi on friday for dsg oil change. Should i ask for a recalibration? What does it involve or more to the point what do i even ask for?

Audi should/will reset the adaptions as part of the oil and filter change procedure.

Usually it's 'normal' garages that don't fully understand they need to do that where you get issues.

I'd just politely ask them if they'll be doing the reset when you hand the keys over.