And this is why NOT to use Royal Mail :(

Wu11ie

Reaction score
Selling parts from my last car and sold my OPC grill on ebay, a few days later it turned up at the buyers house.......... In pieces!, even though it was Wrapped in bubble wrap and a heavy duty bag they still managed to split the surround, break all 3 lugs and break the grill part away from the surround,

So I put in a claim, bearing in mind It cost me £12 to post it because I took the extra insurance, BUT....... it turns out their extra insurance doesn't cover car parts!!!, WTF is the point of the insurance in the first place!!!!

This is how it came back

So I've had to break out the superglue and thread to fix it, unbelievable!!!!

I reckon they play basketball with the parcels,you wanna try Hermes or Yodel then you'll see quality delivery…not

Reactions: Arrkon
Are you 100% sure that is the one you sent and not the broken one the buyer wanted yours to replace?

Happened to me once with some rear lights for a Cosworth Sierra, luckily I marked the ones I sent which wasn't the broken ones that got returned. I knew people around where he lived so he still ended up with broken ones and Paypal gave me a refund as I could prove what had happened.

Yeah it's definitely the one I sent, fortunately I have pics of it before I sent it so I'll be appealing the decision, not holding my breath tho.

I work for royal mail for the past 3 years. I hate items of that size/ length. We used to only do mail! Parcels that big should go parcel force or yodel. Understand that we walk most of our rounds and rarely use a van so that items most likely been shoved into a postie bag and snapped. Think of us when posting again, choose a company that works with parcels only!

Reactions: Newbrook82 and Gazwould

Or you could just be more careful when doing your job

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Or you could just be more careful when doing your job

Have you ever been a post man? Parcelforce and yodel have it easy compare to us. Try fitting 10 massive boxes into one mail bag keeping in the 11kg limit we have to carry. I wish you luck xD

Every postman/woman is different, I take care of parcels like I would mine and for that I get lovely tips during xmas. If its damage, Report it. Royal mail will take serious action to the postman/woman that caused the damage, I know this. Entirely up to yourself however, Don't report it and nothing happens

Reactions: voorhees
But don't get me wrong, Trying not to defend royal mail so much as the people that work for them.

Royal mail is insanely greedy and blah blah company, Been looking for a new job for ages XD

But don't get me wrong, Trying not to defend royal mail so much as the people that work for them.

Royal mail is insanely greedy and blah blah company, Been looking for a new job for ages XD
I haven't no, unfortunately Royal mail insurance doesn't cover car parts either so I got doubly screwed

Seriously? Well I did't know that. That's abit "crap" to put lightly. I've seen audi shipping car parts via royal mail??

On the website for Royal Mail I don't see any reference to car parts ?? I claimed a couple of years back for a similar item broken in transit and got a cheque from Belfast iirc

On the website for Royal Mail I don't see any reference to car parts ?? I claimed a couple of years back for a similar item broken in transit and got a cheque from Belfast iirc
I tried but the paperwork I signed agreeing to the terms says they don't insure any car parts, so I got screwed for the broken parts and the insurance that didn't cover me, I wasn't a happy camper.

Reactions: voorhees
I always declare car parts and have never been refused a claim
well 3 claims for car parts all paid up.

What service did you use for the car parts? Was it just standard 1st or 2nd class?

when ive posted items i normaly get asked what they are and how much there worth for the insurance. so was you not asked? if you was there shouldnt of offered the insurance or should of made it clear your not covered i would at least try and get your money back for mis-sold insurance if you did it at the post office .