Front Door/Speaker Rattle - B&O

Scott.T

Reaction score
Any clues on where to pin-point this slight rattle.
The B&O bass seems to make a slight rattle from the bottom of the passenger door.
However, today I set the fader to only play from the front passenger side and....guess what....no rattle ???

Did you have any keys/paper in the door pocket? I sometimes do that and they can rattle like crazy

Did you have any keys/paper in the door pocket? I sometimes do that and they can rattle like crazy
No.
The car is pretty empty.
Even the glove box only has a usb in the netting plugged into the MMI.

I took mine back to the dealer (twice actually) to fix a rattle with my grilles on the dash. It helped second time round so it might be worth doing the same with yours? Assuming the car is relatively new so they are likely to do it FOC.

That's good to know. The trim round my dials rattles and it's only done 1000 miles.

I also have this on my '12 A4 Avant Black Edition, drove me ****** crazy. Thank fully the new car doens't have it.....(yet!). I didn't take minw back to the dealers, I just turned the music up.

Might I recommend a start of Metallica followed by a course of GnR?

That should sort it :)

I had a really annoying rattle that was coming from the passenger side door / heater area. It was driving me mad. One day I was moaning to the wife about it and she said 'that rattle - its coming from your side'. Turns out it was a pair of sunglasses rattling in the overhead storage bit. Moral of the story - rattles are sneaky ********.

I had a really annoying rattle that was coming from the passenger side door / heater area. It was driving me mad. One day I was moaning to the wife about it and she said 'that rattle - its coming from your side'. Turns out it was a pair of sunglasses rattling in the overhead storage bit. Moral of the story - rattles are sneaky ********.

Very true @ub7rm , Perhaps I'll check my overhead glass case and centre console.
I've had a squeak on my Subaru for 3+ years. Initially I thought it was in the roof, then a passenger pointed towards the steering column. It could then be reproduced by flexing the steering column whilst driving. Lot's of standing on head and lubricating then happened, but the noise didn't go away.
I then spoke to a friend who had a similar noise in his Subaru, and he directed me to the seat belt buckle. Gave it a wiggle and is squeaked like a mouse on acid. 2 squirts of spray grease and the mouse in now quiet. Only took 3+ years to track down !!!!!

Same here in the same area. On a 15 plate with B&O, does my head in! Will try changing speaker settings and see if it improves.