2.0Tdi CFFB Injectors?

iamcboy82

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi all,

Ive got the A3 2.0Tdi 140 s-line with the CFFB engine code, when initially driving in 1st 2nd 3rd it judders at around 1800rpm but if i put my foot down over 2000rpm the juddering goes and its fine when the engine has warmed up, do you think it might needs the injectors cleaning, i believe mine has the common rail system.

can the injectors be removed quite easily? and cleaned the ultrasonic way? or is this a mechanic job?

any help/advice would be appreciated

Have you tried some decent injector cleaner and a good blast on the motorway?

If you use supermarket diesel that could be causing problems too.

i bought some redex, but ive bought the three pack of forte injection/turbo/dpf cleaner, i'll try that before i remove the injectors

i bought some redex, but ive bought the three pack of forte injection/turbo/dpf cleaner, i'll try that before i remove the injectors

Forte diesel system cleaner (yellow label) is good stuff but I'm sure there will be better out there.

I don't know if it's safe or not but I also run it more concentrated (fuel to product) than the bottle says and never had any issues.

yeah i emptied that redex one in whole even though it said enough for 2 tanks, i'll do the same with the forte stuff, i couldnt see anything *better* on the net, any ideas?

Reactions: milkyjoe01
id say its not the injectors....try fuel pump/s.......seems as your not getting enough fuel pressure until you put ya foot down..........id check coolant sensor first though...check readings with vcds

ive got official vcds and no errors, weird, it was ok this morning, maybe a 300 mile trip sorted it out, i'll try liqui molly through the injectors on the weekend, then move onto the pump

Liqui moly diesel purge is good stuff, I done it on my A3, I ran the car purely on the stuff and it was surprising how much of a difference it made, once it had used the first bottle(I used 2 500ml) i used the second and the fluid started turning black, cleaning up the injectors, took it for a spin up the road and noticed a difference in response and no lag between gears

i had a bad judder a while back similar, turned out fuel filter was crudded up, cheap fix and worth doing anyway, i was gonna rip my injectors out but thought id try that first and worked a treat

its just had a service so fuel filter will be new, going to put molly through it today if my hose turns up

Reactions: milkyjoe01
would it hurt to put all of these in my tank at once?, none of my kit turned up to directly flush the injectors, the car has about 1/4 of fuel in the tank
Fuel additives1

well just to let you all know i ended up putting the molly in the fuel filter direct after sucking out the diesel in there, and i put in the dpf cleaner and turbo filter in there, car seem to be alot better, i ran it for around 30mins on my drive before taking it out for a spin, 150miles later feels like a newer car, bit more responsive for sure and a bit more poke i recon.