yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Mine changed to 39 today, certainly feels closer now. Dealer told me "end of the month, give or take" so I'm reasonably optimistic. Have to say several times a day I enjoy the extra 100HP this hire car has over my new Audi... But just not enough to wish I'd ditched something on my spec to go for a beefier engine ;) Maybe treat myself next time.

My tracker hasn't been working in about a week either. Json page still works showing build date 16th October and been on status 20 for 14 days.
Yours will most likely start moving on Thursday so you will see your tracker and JSON update maybe Thursday or Friday. It'll be on the slow train before you know it.

Mine changed to 39 today, certainly feels closer now. Dealer told me "end of the month, give or take" so I'm reasonably optimistic. Have to say several times a day I enjoy the extra 100HP this hire car has over my new Audi... But just not enough to wish I'd ditched something on my spec to go for a beefier engine ;) Maybe treat myself next time.
Your's will be ready well before the end of the month. It only needs transportering to the dealer and then they need to PDI it, then squeeze you in the handover suite or drop it off.

We'd had 2 x 184 horsepower 320d's (one after the other) and they were more than fast enough really. 0-60 in 7 seconds and shed loads of torque. Then got tempted with a 330d x drive (268bhp) last time and never regretted it, but it's complete overkill really. It'll do 60 in 5 seconds (with launch control) which we've only done a handful of times because of how rough it is on the car and us. It's limited at 155mph which again is a nonsense. I'm not going to risk jail time topping it out on the motorway. With continuous hard acceleration they get through tyres and diesel too fast. And you can't resist racing the young dickheads in golf gti's and other old ***** which isn't cool. The 44k P11d value and 268 bhp had an adverse effect on the insurance as well, so while it was a good deal on the monthlies it's been quite expensive to run. So we've gone for a sensible 1.4 petrol this time. It's mainly going to be used by my wife for town driving and smart motorways so even this 1.4 won't get to stretch it's legs. Should be more than adequate really. It was lovely and smooth on the test drive. I think I have got beefy cars out of my system, for now at least.

Yes mine is 38 now, and was told by the dealer it’s on the urgent delivery list. Mine should come into Grimsby I would imagine... just got to stalk the boats now.

Wondering if anyone could tell me when the next boat is coming in
If you click on this link you will see a green ship called the Main Highway (hover your mouse over the battleship icons) and that's just getting loaded now, due at Grimsby on the 12th late on. I'm wondering if mine might be getting on it.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:7.194/centery:53.351/zoom:15

Grimsby arrivals on here https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/eta/all/port:148/portname:GRIMSBY/per_page:20

Apparently Audi CS will know the vessel name once its been allocated to ship. I'll get on chat again with solmon or harrison or doug or whatever they're really called tomorrow (today). It's what they are there for and even though they don't appreciate us saddos badgering them daily, we're actually keeping them in work :) True.

Reactions: Fridarey
If you click on this link you will see a green ship called the Main Highway (hover your mouse over the battleship icons) and that's just getting loaded now, due at Grimsby on the 12th late on. I'm wondering if mine might be getting on it.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:7.194/centery:53.351/zoom:15

Grimsby arrivals on here https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/eta/all/port:148/portname:GRIMSBY/per_page:20

Apparently Audi CS will know the vessel name once its been allocated to ship. I'll get on chat again with solmon or harrison or doug or whatever they're really called tomorrow (today). It's what they are there for and even though they don't appreciate us saddos badgering them daily, we're actually keeping them in work :) True.

Good work ibisWhite.... thanks for that, I hope we are both on it

I could lose hours to that marinetraffic.com page, I'm getting back to work before I get too interested!

I know the feeling, with both my A3 and my current A4 I was glued to the port of Emden watching roro ships come and go...

Woah the main highway is navigating out of Emden port on it's way to Grimsby. I wonder if mine's on it.

Might wait up again refreshing myaudi and JSON, just for a change.

Reactions: cuke2u
W/C 16th Oct crew: As expected, it's now saying it's in the panel shop.

The only weird thing is, in the JSON structure, the parent status is still 20 whilst the order history contains 21. On the Visual dashboard it's also saying Panel shop. I'm more inclined to trust the parent status actually.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 07.04.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 07.04.36.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 120

The only weird thing is, in the JSON structure, the parent status is still 20 whilst the order history contains 21. On the Visual dashboard it's also saying Panel shop. I'm more inclined to trust the parent status actually.
Mine started in the panel shop on the Thursday before my planned build week. And it left the factory on the Sunday before the planned build was due to commence the next day. You've got a weekend of fast updates ahead :)

Snap
Buildstatus

Reactions: audi-you-do
I love those videos of cars being built in the factory, still can't get enough and I still watch them now on my big tv, much to the boredom of my partner ;-)

Reactions: Jcbmally
I was the same, it's a really good way of involving you in the buy. This order tracking bling makes the wait a bit easier.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Mine was due to be built next week along with another couple at work. All three were showing as being in the panel shop this morning. So does anyone else think the reason they've been brought forward is due to the lack of Black Edition Rotors?

Mine was due to be built next week along with another couple at work. All three were showing as being in the panel shop this morning. So does anyone else think the reason they've been brought forward is due to the lack of Black Edition Rotors?
If your car doesn’t have rotors then it’s very likely it’s been bumped up the queue.

No they always do it. You will find it’s almost built and in QC by that date

Anyone also on build week 45?

I’ve got a first day of build of 6th November :)

Reactions: AlnSaz
Me! Confirmed by dealer and Audi UK that it's week 45 - 6th November despite the rotor alloy and 1.4 engine supply rumours...

So I think my tracker has a crystal ball as it's updated to in QC today, but when I checked the json data:

"orderStatus":"30",
"orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2017-10-16T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2017-10-14T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2017-10-13T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2017-10-12T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-09-26T01:07:48+0100"},

Good news this morning:

"orderStatus": "40",
"statusDate": "2017-10-13T04:07:00+0100"

Ready for transport to the dealer.

I'm missing my adaptive cruise control these days, so looking forward to the new arrival.

No change for me mate
I sent all my documents back to the leasing company the other day and they are planning on registering mine before the end of the month. I expect ours will be on the boat any time now.

I sent all my documents back to the leasing company the other day and they are planning on registering mine before the end of the month. I expect ours will be on the boat any time now.

That’s good news then mate, do you know when next boat is due in

So I think my tracker has a crystal ball as it's updated to in QC today, but when I checked the json data:

"orderStatus":"30",
"orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2017-10-16T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2017-10-14T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2017-10-13T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2017-10-12T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-09-26T01:07:48+0100"},

Mine has done the same thing this morning. Hopefully means it will be out of the factory soon and have a quick journey to the dealer.

Reactions: IbisWhiteBob
Mine has done the same thing this morning. Hopefully means it will be out of the factory soon and have a quick journey to the dealer.
I hope your's progresses at a more progressive rate than mine, which left the factory on the 30th of September and is still sat at Emden :)

Reactions: Robbe
All three cars ordered by my company are in QC. Happy Days.

Is anyone else having problems with tracking their build? For the past couple of weeks whenever I log in all I get is the Audi symbols constantly refreshing. Prior to this it said I had a build date of 23rd October.

Car has left the factory. The Json data is a bit off as says was in QC yesterday but left the factory on Saturday.. just hope the next stages are quick as well.

Reactions: Daggerit
Status change to 60 this morning. Car on its way to the dealer - can't come soon enough!

How long does it typically take to go from QC to Left the Factory? Mine ticked over to the QC stage yesterday as expected but is still on this stage now.