This just gets better

g60go

Reaction score
So,after the issues I've been having recently with a slightly slipping clutch and looking into replacing it,I just go the car to go out,put my foot on the clutch pedal and it drops to the floor and doesn't return! It just gets better!

Looks like it yeah,the past couple of days when Ive gone to the car in the morning I've noticed the pedal falls about half way down before it does anything and comes back to life after a couple of miles driving. I've just had to bite the bullet this morning and go to CES and get a new clutch/concentric slave and flywheel. Had to slap it on our account at work though coz I've spent so much on this car in the past months I just don't have the £476 to pay for it so gonna have to break this news to my boss on Monday,then tell him I need Tuesday off work to attempt fitting it(flywheel won't be here till Tuesday morning!) anyone know of a decent clutch change guide off the top of their head that I can read to get the job done fairly quick?

I know it's easier to drop the subframe than trying to squeeze it out, also you'll need a big long Allen key (7mm I think) to undo a bolt that holds the transfer box on. If I remember right it's a very lengthy process! I wish you all the luck in the world my friend!

I would do the master at the same time pal,

Reactions: crispynz1
Agree with doing the master cylinder at the same time. Just had my clutch/flywheel done & it failed when trying to bleed.

I know it's easier to drop the subframe than trying to squeeze it out, also you'll need a big long Allen key (7mm I think) to undo a bolt that holds the transfer box on. If I remember right it's a very lengthy process! I wish you all the luck in the world my friend!

Ok thanks that's handy to know. My mate at the gearbox place across the road will have one I can use,don't think I have a long 7mm one!