New Owner of an Old S3 Quattro

Stuart B

Reaction score
Hi,
I have bought my first Audi - I expect I will be asking lots of questions :)

Hi Stuart, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lots of info in the faqs thread in the a3 8l section. Any pics? enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks for the welcome, I will sort out a pic tomorrow - after some more work and a clean.

From what I have learnt in the first few days is - I have a:
  • 2001 S3 Quattro AMK ECU re-mapped to 243 (apparently) - it has an under bonnet variable booster tap (which I will test tomorrow) - and carbon can airbox
  • Its the S3 non metallic blue
  • I have already changed the plugs after it developed a misfire, one of them is in my avatar, I think this also caused the accompanying coil failure (which looked brand new)
  • It has a stylish leather and blue suede interior
  • 120K miles
  • a tiny amount of rust on o/s wheel arch
  • a hanging door blade on driver side, will drill that off tomorrow - to check the runners etc.
  • the handbrake is poor
  • it feels weird on a private road > 100 (wheel bearing? brake binding? hopefully not a 4WD issue)
  • the ABS/ESP light occasionally comes on (don't have a vagcom reader yet, only Bluetooth ODBII and Android Torque) - seen something about an ABS module dry solder joints and dremel DIY to fix "terminal 30 voltage" issue..
  • CD Player (Audi Symphony) doesn't play CDs - ERR1
  • If it is stationary with the engine running, I am sure some smoke is somehow coming into the cabin, it smells of oil burning but there is no oil leaks or smell outside.
  • and the air con needs a re-gas
most of all though, it is great fun.

That's is quite a list isn't it :)

Welcome to the forum stuart, you'll love our forum its the best for audis :) as sandra said head over to the 8L section for the best knowlege regarding your S3

Reactions: Sandra