Audi Music Interface - 2009 Audi A4

cammage08

Reaction score
Hi im trying to get my head around the AMi or the lack of it... I have the AMi option when i select media on the stereo (its greyed out) but i don't have the port anywhere in my car!? The car is a 2009 A4 avant s-line with 6 disc changer and B&O stereo. I have looked in glove box and arm rest but have nothing. I have come from a 2008 mondeo which at least had an AUX in the glove box. Please somebody help me out with what i need to do... :)

Is there a connection in the glovebox, to the left or right, what head unit do you have fitted?

If its not fitted, then I can supply/fit the system.

No there's no connections in the glovebox... How much would it cost for you to supply the parts?

So you have the concert head unit, can you show me a pic, you can link a pic of the same unit from Google if that helps, then I can advise the cost.

If you don't have AMI then it would not be listed at all, if it greyed out then it mean's nothing is connected to the socket. I would check the option code or the car or check with an Audi dealer to see if it was fitted (Could been retrofited and then removed by the last owner). You can check your options codes here, http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx all your codes will be printed on a sticker in your service book.

Hi im trying to get my head around the AMi or the lack of it... I have the AMi option when i select media on the stereo (its greyed out) but i don't have the port anywhere in my car!? The car is a 2009 A4 avant s-line with 6 disc changer and B&O stereo. I have looked in glove box and arm rest but have nothing. I have come from a 2008 mondeo which at least had an AUX in the glove box. Please somebody help me out with what i need to do... :)

How or why do you think you have AMI if you don't have a port and things are greyed out, I'd suggest you don;t have it. It'll need to be retrofitted.

So I've just been digging behind my glovebox and came across this plug? Any ideas?

Ye it's looking like the cable I've found plugs into the back of the glove box AMI unit which is missing and a cd holder is in its place :-/ time to find a unit!