anyone know were….?

lenny151

Reaction score
Does anybody know the bcm unit is on my s3 8v just can't seem to find it, As I am trying to retrofit footwell lights

Any help will be much appreciated

@t8ups should be able to help you with this. Helped me with my LED interior lights. Hopefully he can supply everything to get you sorted too. :)

On my 8P it was behind the trim panel that holds the headlamp switch it - not 100% sure it's there on the 8V though.

First place I looked was there but couldn't see anything but the fuse box is in the glove box now so am thinking it will be behind the glove box, I already have the lights ready to be fitted which I bought from kufatec

I opened one up back in 2013 when it was a new car, I looked in the normal place under the steering wheel and it was not their, empty, elsawin says its up their but car in the diagram was LGD and the picture showed its up their, so I tried to remove the glove box but failed, the car was not in for work, I just wanted to see so gave up.

So if nothing under the steering wheel then remove the glove box and it could be there.

Thanks
Trups

I opened one up back in 2013 when it was a new car, I looked in the normal place under the steering wheel and it was not their, empty, elsawin says its up their but car in the diagram was LGD and the picture showed its up their, so I tried to remove the glove box but failed, the car was not in for work, I just wanted to see so gave up.

So if nothing under the steering wheel then remove the glove box and it could be there.

Thanks
Trups

I tried to remove the glove box an failed myself then looked on some instructions on how to remove an realised I had missed a bolt behind the cd/satnav unit so will give it a try an give an update later on an see if it's in there next to the fuse box

Thanks

Reactions: t8ups

Thanks
Trups

Hi mate I finally done it, the bcm unit was behind the glove box to the left, there was a hidden bolt for the glove box behind the satnav/cd unit and it poped straight once removed the last bolt was fairly straight forward to fit the lights once I found that unit hope this helped
27c33763051517e9068336660c370419.jpg
d5ead4861f6be9aa09bc6b80fe0cbd34.jpg

Reactions: t8ups
I have some upgraded footwell bulbs coming in this month fingers crossed so they are brighter the Audi ones and are a direct swap.

Trups

Is it an easy enough mod then? How long did it take?

I have some upgraded footwell bulbs coming in this month fingers crossed so they are brighter the Audi ones and are a direct swap.

Trups

I'll have 4 please - can you PM me when you have them and how to pay.

Cheers.

I have the rear ones in stock, its the front ones I am waiting on as I had to pay to have a new bulb made as Audi decided to put the lamp from a A8 Door pocket in the footwell of this.

I will put a thread up in the 8V section when ready.

Trups

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yeah it was fairly easy once I had found the bcm unit which took me about 20mins then another 10 mins figuring out how to disconnect the connector because I didn't want to break it haha took me about 1 hour 1/2 all in

Do you have pics or how to, and is there any VCDS required? Might need to do this seeing as I have changed other lights to LED. :)

I have the rear ones in stock, its the front ones I am waiting on as I had to pay to have a new bulb made as Audi decided to put the lamp from a A8 Door pocket in the footwell of this.

I will put a thread up in the 8V section when ready.

Trups

Yeah they are quiet dull, how much for the rears mate?

Scratch my last comment.. I forgot there is a search function. lol :)

Do you have pics or how to, and is there any VCDS required? Might need to do this seeing as I have changed other lights to LED. :)

I never took any pics unfortunately there is no vcds required I just plugged them in an they worked straight away

Ah no vcds.. I read in the other thread this may be required.. Cool I will maybe just buy the kit then and see if I can manage. :) Cheers

Ah no vcds.. I read in the other thread this may be required.. Cool I will maybe just buy the kit then and see if I can manage. :) Cheers

If you need any helps mate just give me a pm

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Did it have the ground wire integrated into the connector, or did you have to connect the ground separately somewhere else?

The ground connector comes on the lights wiring loom an it connects to your ground point for your other electrics which is just to the left of the foot well near the floor

Was it a standard connector? I ask, because I bought a loom from BKS a while ago and it has a circular lug for the ground.

Was it a standard connector? I ask, because I bought a loom from BKS a while ago and it has a circular lug for the ground.

I bought my set from kufatec an the earth was just a round connector like this one
9043a3d772945cc0dcdbfd072a1c9c7c.jpg

What pin was live?, plug b pin 50?

Rear footwells are £8 plus £2.10 post.

Fronts to be confirmed as I don't know what they coming in at yet but rears I have plenty in stock.

Trups

What pin was live?, plug b pin 50?

Rear footwells are £8 plus £2.10 post.

Fronts to be confirmed as I don't know what they coming in at yet but rears I have plenty in stock.

Trups

Plug c pin 72 was live

Have you got the full looms with lights if so how much?

Thanks

I can get the full looms yes. Would need to see how much the connectors and lamps are.

Did you get the front and rear kit?

Trups

I can get the full looms yes. Would need to see how much the connectors and lamps are.

Did you get the front and rear kit?

Trups

I just got the front as there was no rears on the website

Thanks

do you have a sport back then?

I can supply a rear kit that we could get to plug into the front so its all plug and play?

Trups

do you have a sport back then?

I can supply a rear kit that we could get to plug into the front so its all plug and play?

Trups

Yeah I have a 2014 sport back how are they fitted to the other loom?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, parts work out to be £57 and then wiring and time to build the loom to have it plug and will give you a total of £75.

And some terminals would be back order so if you wanted them I couldn't give a time scale.

okay thats fine, I will have a set when you can get them just give me a message when there in and I will send you a payment

Thanks

I have ordered all anyway as I thought il leave it in stock, as soon as the back order stuff arrives il let you know.

Thanks
Trups

Hi bud.

All parts from Audi be in tomo so I can have them ready to post on Monday to you.

Thanks
Trups

Pm me your PayPal address mate will get it sent over tomorrow

Thanks